+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

This just reminds me of how bad soundtracks have fallen off

Nobody is even making urban movies for there to be tied in soundtracks.

It was dope that the FF people tried to bring that back tho.

646c9d68488d6648580bd17eecf26462.1000x1000x1.jpg

:x :x :x :x :x :x

Bad Boys 2 soundtrack with "Shake ya tailfeather" and "La La La"back to back
pimp.gif

State Property Sountrack w/ "Roc da mic"
pimp.gif
i played the BB2 soundtrack heavy. "Why" is the only Da Band song i liked.

I miss movie soundtracks
frown.gif

Last edited:
Let this be a lesson to you dudes out there.......life (rap career's) are a marathon and NOT a race. It's not about how fast you start coming out of the gates but how and where you finish the race at. Safe to say that Jay finished the race at #1 and in a much better position then the rest of his competitors.

"The reason why we lead the pack this a marathon......you start off FAST then you wheezing in the back"

This doesnt make sense. The two biggest rappers of all time died in their early 20's.At the height of their careers !

Both were dropping #1 albums , millions in sales and #1 singles , coast to coast. While jayz was dropping duds.

How is this debatable?

Pac dropping Cali love and 2 of amerikas most wanted with Snoop vs cant knock the hustle and aint no ***** , what was hotter!??

Lets still not forget Nas is dropping Street Dreams and the remix with r kelly, If i ruled the world, Nas is like, Hate me now!!!. Again all while jayz is droppin sunshine and the city is mine. Nas was still way bigger than Jay at that point.

Id even say Puff Daddy was bigger thsn Jay he was still rolling out life after death hits and his own on his first album. These songs were pumping nationwide

Pac was not slowing down he was a budding movie star and an icon. Big was backed by Puff who was making nothing but hits!

Lets not rewrite history . No knock on Jay-Z career i think hes one of our all time greats but lets never forget about pac and big

Let this be a lesson to you dudes out there.......life (rap career's) are a marathon and NOT a race. It's not about how fast you start coming out of the gates but how and where you finish the race at. Safe to say that Jay finished the race at #1 and in a much better position then the rest of his competitors.

"The reason why we lead the pack this a marathon......you start off FAST then you wheezing in the back"

This doesnt make sense. The two biggest rappers of all time died in their early 20's.At the height of their careers !

Both were dropping #1 albums , millions in sales and #1 singles , coast to coast. While jayz was dropping duds.

How is this debatable?

Pac dropping Cali love and 2 of amerikas most wanted with Snoop vs cant knock the hustle and aint no ***** , what was hotter!??

Lets still not forget Nas is dropping Street Dreams and the remix with r kelly, If i ruled the world, Nas is like, Hate me now!!!. Again all while jayz is droppin sunshine and the city is mine. Nas was still way bigger than Jay at that point.

Id even say Puff Daddy was bigger thsn Jay he was still rolling out life after death hits and his own on his first album. These songs were pumping nationwide

Pac was not slowing down he was a budding movie star and an icon. Big was backed by Puff who was making nothing but hits!

Lets not rewrite history . No knock on Jay-Z career i think hes one of our all time greats but lets never forget about pac and big

Can you read champ?? I'm not forgetting about Pac or Big. It's truly unfortunate that neither are here with us but rap and life still continue even in their absence. Like I said before earlier and very clearly by the way......it's NOT about how FAST you come out of the gates but how and where you finish the race.

For example, Nas came out of the gates red hot fast smoking in comparison to Jay. Shortly after the first two laps or so of the marathon however Young Nasir Jones starting running low on energy (gassed out) while looking in the rear over his right shoulder only to see Jay Z begin to catch up to him and take the lead.

At this point in time not only did Jay catch up to Nas and pass him but Jay lapped Nas........several times in fact. Some say that one of the factors that continues to weigh Nas down is the repo man and the IRS hot on his trail thus taking Nas off stride. Be that as it may we definitely know that Nas is off track right now and still struggling to cross the finish line. There's still a very small group of fans waiting in the stands for Nas to finish up cheering him on but that number is quickly dwindling by the day.

"I don't know who you racing.......I'm already at the finish line with the flag waving.....come on"

I read today that Wiz Khalifa has the most YouTube views ever off that garbage fast and furious song. Couldn't believe it.

How is this debatable?

Can you read champ?? I'm not forgetting about Pac or Big. It's truly unfortunate that neither are here with us but rap and life still continue even in their absence. Like I said before earlier and very clearly by the way......it's NOT about how FAST you come out of the gates but how and where you finish the race.

For example, Nas came out of the gates red hot fast smoking in comparison to Jay. Shortly after the first two laps or so of the marathon however Young Nasir Jones starting running low on energy (gassed out) while looking in the rear over his right shoulder only to see Jay Z begin to catch up to him and take the lead.

At this point in time not only did Jay catch up to Nas and pass him but Jay lapped Nas........several times in fact. Some say that one of the factors that continues to weigh Nas down is the repo man and the IRS hot on his trail thus taking Nas off stride. Be that as it may we definitely know that Nas is off track right now and still struggling to cross the finish line. There's still a very small group of fans waiting in the stands for Nas to finish up cheering him on but that number is quickly dwindling by the day.

"I don't know who you racing.......I'm already at the finish line with the flag waving.....come on"
i don't care what anyone says
memphis bleek has a nt account

"I gave you prophecy on my first joint, and you all lamed out"

"So I stretched the game out......ETCHED your name out.....put J**** on top".....
Before that

"Didn't really appreciate it, till the second one came out"

Jay been saying his first album was slept on. But did folks really get hip to it when vol 1 dropped?

vol. 2

The wave following The Hard Knock Life tour was something else...then he followed it up with arguably his greatest commercial hit (Big Pimpin'.) Jay-Z had the midas touch for a while.

i don't care what anyone says
memphis bleek has a nt account
yeah he making a lot of reaches over some unpaid taxes

i guess floyd fell off too 
laugh.gif

shady accountants and missed deadlines, **** happens

but i doubt nas is hurting for a check

Nas will be alright and I'm waiting on his album

He still lost the battle though

Last edited:
Just some thoughts:
4:44 album overall 8/10
The beat on the title track makes my soul bleed
Shoulda call this Blueprint Infiniti. Jay on soul samples = $$$
Wasnt feeling BAM outside of Jr. Gong. The og beat is way better than how NO ID had if... even this beat better

It's amazing how much some people care about the finances of dude's they'll never know and can't just focus on music. I'm just happy Jay put out his first album worth owning in almost 10 years.

Back in 96 I was listening to

The Score
Makavelli
ATLiens
All Eyes on Me
Ridin Dirty
Muddy Waters
Bow Down
And surprisingly enough
Hard Core (solo)

I heard. jay Z songs here and there but never listen to the album until years later.

SMH

I never heard the entire Hard Core album til 2015 :lol: it was :pimp: :pimp: though
I think it was too .. LoL ... I listen to more stuff but these were my main joints ... Now that I think about it ... The only time or should I say the time that i started paying attention or have Jay priority was Vol 2

The Score
Makavelli
ATLiens
All Eyes on Me
Ridin Dirty
Muddy Waters
Bow Down
And surprisingly enough
Hard Core (solo)

I heard. jay Z songs here and there but never listen to the album until years later.

SMH
the lil kim hardcore album????
album is FLAMES!!!!! :pimp:

The Score
Makavelli
ATLiens
All Eyes on Me
Ridin Dirty
Muddy Waters
Bow Down
And surprisingly enough
Hard Core (solo)

SMH

96 I was listening to Tribe, Kast, Fugees, Bone Thugs, Luniz, all the old Bad Boy ****, Redman, a whole bunch of other stuff. I didn't get into NY stuff until way later. I had heard Illmatic but wasn't really listening.

I didn't listen to Reasonable Doubt until like 2003-05 maybe.

I still regret it to this day :smh:

96 I was listening to Tribe, Kast, Fugees, Bone Thugs, Luniz, all the old Bad Boy ****, Redman, a whole bunch of other stuff. I didn't get into NY stuff until way later. I had heard Illmatic but wasn't really listening.

I was specifically talking about albums release in 1996 ... I was a heavy bone thugs listener too but they didn't drop **** in 96 ... 95 and 97 though ... Put 5 in it was the only Luniz song I listened too ..

I was also listening to a bunch of wack **** too because of the bankhead bounce. Joint was all over the South and West Coast ...

Also Goodie Mob Mystical and a bunch of other stuff but again back in 96 the ones I listed were on rotation heavy ...

I was specifically talking about albums release in 1996 ... I was a heavy bone thugs listener too but they didn't drop **** in 96 ... 95 and 97 though ... Put 5 in it was the only Luniz song I listened too ..

I was also listening to a bunch of wack **** too because of the bankhead bounce. Joint was all over the South and West Coast ...

Also Goodie Mob Mystical and a bunch of other stuff but again back in 96 the ones I listed were on rotation heavy ...

I feel you. Man I forgot about WSC :lol:

Back
Top Bottom