+++OFFICIAL JAY Z THREAD+++

Hello 320kbps 
pimp.gif
Actually CD quality is 1411 kbps.. double :pimp: :pimp:

I've been holding out listening to the radio or Internet. My friend tried to play it for me and I threatened to punch him in the face. Something about copping a Jay CD on release day since I was a kid. I honestly haven't done it since Black Album though. Got a blunt rolled, off to Target

Why can't he just continue to enjoy making music he likes? 

And this album he touches on fame, history, religion, being a dad after not having a dad, his relationship, politics... and my favorite song F.U.T.W. where he lets people know you can make it no matter where you come from. That sounds like substance to me.

The rest of album is balanced out with hard and fun tracks.  

This album he did a little of everything, and had balance overall. I am sure if he wanted to go all substance he could have. 

It seems like he tried to give the people a little of everything... but unfortunately still can't make people like you happy. Can't win 'em all. 

Because Jay has been crowned the greatest by some people. He's in almost everyone's top 10 (including mine). So if he thinks he's the greatest and a good amount of rap fans agree with him, why should I lower my expectations? I'm not gonna feed into the BS of this album. It's a 3.5/5 and some of you might think it's a 5/5 because Jay told you it was or because of all the filth that is considered rap over the last couple of years.

You say, if he wanted to go all substance he could have. Then why the **** not? Jay is at the point where whatever he says most of y'all don't care because it's gold before it even registers. Album is lyrically the same **** as Kingdom Come and Blueprint 3 but it has better production.

Just got my copy at Target. Way better packaging than Yeezus. Now for my first listen.

Does this come with any bonus songs from Target or Best Buy?
Not to my knowledge.
Why can't he just continue to enjoy making music he likes?

And this album he touches on fame, history, religion, being a dad after not having a dad, his relationship, politics... and my favorite song F.U.T.W. where he lets people know you can make it no matter where you come from. That sounds like substance to me.

The rest of album is balanced out with hard and fun tracks.

This album he did a little of everything, and had balance overall. I am sure if he wanted to go all substance he could have.

It seems like he tried to give the people a little of everything... but unfortunately still can't make people like you happy. Can't win 'em all.
Because Jay has been crowned the greatest by some people. He's in almost everyone's top 10 (including mine). So if he thinks he's the greatest and a good amount of rap fans agree with him, why should I lower my expectations? I'm not gonna feed into the BS of this album. It's a 3.5/5 and some of you might think it's a 5/5 because Jay told you it was or because of all the filth that is considered rap over the last couple of years.

You say, if he wanted to go all substance he could have. Then why the **** not? Jay is at the point where whatever he says most of y'all don't care because it's gold before it even registers. Album is lyrically the same **** as Kingdom Come and Blueprint 3 but it has better production.
But those were both really good albums so yeah.......

Yo I'm quite pissed! I just left Target & shorty in the music section said they won't have it for sale until the 23rd!

I'm going back on my lunch break & rasing hell.

But this does lead me to believe that we will be getting something extra on the 23rd...
nerd.gif

Had this idea years ago...even posted it here..

Music is gonna used to sell products..brands

Are da new labels..

A GREAT interview.... i love having insight into the people around the albums because it gives you an even better feel as to why the album is done the way it is

The thing that's crazy about this whole argument is cats saying that Lyrically ain't there so Who's spittin then... I need names cuz a ***** ain't about to tell me that Jay was average lyrically & had no content on this album and then in the same breath tell me drake about to shutdown the summer.

If this is average lyrically who's really rapping well..... unless by being average lyrically you mean he isn't putting up verses on par with some of the best albums of the past 20 years.

The inconsistency on this website is crazy.... This average but ****** hear a gunplay verse and act as if it's Tupac reincarnated, Hear a Ridiculous Lupe Verse say it's trash, but hype up a Drake verse....:smh:

Had this idea years ago...even posted it here..

Music is gonna used to sell products..brands

Are da new labels..
LMAO @ you thinking that **** is new.

Music has always been used to sell brands, products.

ALWAYS.

The concept isn't new at all.

Last edited:
I think Ninja was referring to brands replacing labels.

But knowing Ninja I could be wrong tho...

Last edited:
The thing that's crazy about this whole argument is cats saying that Lyrically ain't there so Who's spittin then... I need names cuz a ***** ain't about to tell me that Jay was average lyrically & had no content on this album and then in the same breath tell me drake about to shutdown the summer.

If this is average lyrically who's really rapping well..... unless by being average lyrically you mean he isn't putting up verses on par with some of the best albums of the past 20 years.

The inconsistency on this website is crazy.... This average but ****** hear a gunplay verse and act as if it's Tupac reincarnated, Hear a Ridiculous Lupe Verse say it's trash, but hype up a Drake verse....:smh:

Lolll

I think Ninja was referring to brands replacing labels.

But knowing Ninja I could be wrong tho...
These brands ain't replacing no labels G.

Not . Gonna.  Happen.

They work hand in hand any way..

So whats the need to replace them?.

The inconsistency on this website is crazy.... This average but ****** hear a gunplay verse and act as if it's Tupac reincarnated, Hear a Ridiculous Lupe Verse say it's trash, but hype up a Drake verse....
mean.gif
Gunplay can REALLY rap tho.. 

Jay-Z don't really have much content as you think he does , he's no different from alot rappers with limited content.. he really be talking about the same ****  over and over , but he's Jay-Z .. He's in position where he can say so much more. he could be on some more thought provoking ****  ..

but .. well... nvm , forgot what thread I was in.

Last edited:
I completely understand what Dream is saying in that vid. The old model of selling music doesn't work any more. This "new" model is kind of like the dope game. It's the artist saying..."I'm going to give you this product for x amount of dollars and in turn you're going to move it to this mass amount of people in your network". 

My only gripe with that model...and Jay-Z's supposed "New rules", is that at the end of the day you're still placing the art in the hands of the corporate world, which I believe isn't healthy for the culture long term. It's just a way for you to put more $$$ in YOUR pocket without having some geeks at a record label control YOUR  ****. If you're Def Jam...you definitely raise an eyebrow to the fact that Jay-Z just replaced you with Samsung and he's not locked into some 10 album deal to do it. Will they replace them completely? Maybe not...but it's definitely putting a fire under their ***** to figure out what the next move is. 

But you're still selling out in a sense...just in a different way.

New rules, IMO...is saying **** big business altogether. Someone like Jay-Z has the capital to have 101% creative control and dictate how the masses receive it. He doesn't "need" a Samsung, Apple, Sony, etc. I want someone to stop allowing these companies who only see you as a way to sell more product (a mascot basically) for more gain. Say **** it...control your own publishing...your own distribution...and still do it your way.

I don't know if we'll ever see that tho. Big business is the American way.

I completely understand what Dream is saying in that vid. The old model of selling music doesn't work any more. This "new" model is kind of like the dope game. It's the artist saying..."I'm going to give you this product for x amount of dollars and in turn you're going to move it to this mass amount of people in your network". 

My only gripe with that model...and Jay-Z's supposed "New rules", is that at the end of the day you're still placing the art in the hands of the corporate world, which I believe isn't healthy for the culture long term. It's just a way for you to put more $$$ in YOUR pocket without having some geeks at a record label control YOUR  ****. If you're Def Jam...you definitely raise an eyebrow to the fact that Jay-Z just replaced you with Samsung and he's not locked into some 10 album deal to do it. Will they replace them completely? Maybe not...but it's definitely putting a fire under their ***** to figure out what the next move is. 

But you're still selling out in a sense...just in a different way.

New rules, IMO...is saying **** big business altogether. Someone like Jay-Z has the capital to have 101% creative control and dictate how the masses receive it. He doesn't "need" a Samsung, Apple, Sony, etc. I want someone to stop allowing these companies who only see you as a way to sell more product (a mascot basically) for more gain. Say **** it...control your own publishing...your own distribution...and still do it your way.

I don't know if we'll ever see that tho. Big business is the American way.
He ain't no real boss .. just a very rich worker then LOL

Back
Top Bottom