Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by LUVGurlzGurlz101

can i update to 3.0 and jailbreak from another computer and not lose my photos or music??????? im still runing on 2.2.1
no as long as everything is backed up, you'll be good.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

so what are the pros and cons of jailbreaking i really have no clue about it

where the
aaf35799ef9b9300a0242439ecf23d9bc10159c.gif
have you been?

Jailbreaking allows you to customize your phone, freeing it from the stock blandness (custom backgrounds, locksreens, notifications, sounds, etc). You can alsoadd thrid party software that apple won't add to the app store (mods to existing apps and such). For me, the biggest benefit of jailbreaking is being ableto add paid apps from the app store for free (using Installous).
As far as cons go, there really aren't any. It may not be so straightfoward when it comes to updating (you have to rejailbreak every time you want toupdate), but it's a small inconvinience for a greater worth. It will take you 10 minutes tops to JB your phone the first time. once you get used to it..2-3mins

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When i ssh how where is the folder to change the battery (when it charges)

piczon1983 wrote:
Originally Posted by rowenarrow

���

This changes the game here in Kuwait. I am not wasting another dime.
will this work with the 3G since it doesnt have an auto-focus camera?

��

Its a bit of a pain, you really need auto focus, but it does work.
��

so theres no big risk for jailbreaking right like the phone not working anymore? and is it any different when you use a mac to jailbreak?

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

^^
im digging it, what is it?

mobile me beta theme
various and custom icons
no spotlight icon
blue wifi, colorful status bar, att signal bars
radiance battery i think
taster backround and dock

can someone explain icall to me me?

is it like usin the wifi connection on your iphone to make free calls to anyone anywhere?

Originally Posted by slaterSB

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

^^
im digging it, what is it?

mobile me beta theme
various and custom icons
no spotlight icon
blue wifi, colorful status bar, att signal bars
radiance battery i think
taster backround and dock

I can't find this on cydia. Only see mobile iee and mobile me gui theems.

Originally Posted by jblackcat13

so theres no big risk for jailbreaking right like the phone not working anymore? and is it any different when you use a mac to jailbreak?

I've had no issues with my phone ever and it's been jailbroken from day one. any snags you run into can be solved with a simple restore. Jailbreakingisnt a permanent change. With a mac, you have more options with the ability to use either Redsn)w or PwnageTool. Both get the job done the same. I usepwnagetool.

Just got my 3GS, but when i put a theme, every icon changes except my "sms" icon. I even restored it as a new iphone and jailbroke it again, and thesms icon still doesn't change. Any ideas?

its because sms is no called messages. u have to change the name of the icon to messages by ssh into your phone

Originally Posted by slaterSB

its because sms is no called messages. u have to change the name of the icon to messages by ssh into your phone
i had the same exact question. would you mind pointing out what im supposed to change?
I went into the applications folder and foud a MobilemeSMS folder. that one? or in the actual theme folder that I am using? (glasklart)

edit: nevermind. figured it out. Thanks for the initial post tho. I was super irritated I couldn't get it fixed. haha

1d7350b4e07e7c55382b0f37058407a2504fa67.jpg
b692529e0676334701c0ee854846ebefa994250.jpg

my lockscreen
halo rank battery
custom system strings
lock screen info
matte ui lockscreen theme
bullet bill slider

9ad35c27e4ee7cf53a9a0f000425d6befe8886d.png
82c358a0e950719d37a807e102fb20770a5d65a.jpg

fixed my system strings for the txt msg sounds as well

What up y'all, new to the iphone fam..
Got a 1st Gen, jailbroken & unlocked..
I'm looking for dtunes, can anyone help???

one more question!

Can i still sync to iTunes even if I'm Jailbroken? (It's on manual sync, so it doesn't automatically sync when I plug it into my PC)

Back
Top Bottom