Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

yo!

So a bunch of n00b questions that I couldn't find answers for outside of NT. So I came back here to ask them.
I'm about to Jailbreak my iPhone 3GS and have a bunch of things I need clarified if you guys could help me out.

1. I know iTunes backs up your phone when you plug it in. Where does it go? Can I save it so I can restore to an UnJailbroken State?
2. Which program should I use? RedSn0w or Purple Rain? Which one is better (if there is a difference)
3. When I Jailbreak, is there a way to restore everything back (contacts, texts, pics etc, all stuff pre-jailbreak) post-jailbreak? Basically, can I get all mystuff i had before the jailbreak back on my phone after the jailbreak with ease? or do i have to manually input them again?

Thanks for any help guys, and sorry if I asked the same questions over again.

i havent upgraded to 3.0 yet...if i update to 3.0 and jailbreak from my moms desktop...will i lose my music. pics. and other stuff on my phone??? im scared tolose everything cuz my comp right now is having problems not letting me download itunes....but any info would be useful thanx

help me with BeeJiveIM !

i download it from installous fine but thats not the problem , when i try and sign in i get

Error
license.key.error.invalid

anybody else get this problem ?

Originally Posted by Saba

help me with BeeJiveIM !

i download it from installous fine but thats not the problem , when i try and sign in i get

Error
license.key.error.invalid

anybody else get this problem ?
I had it too as is the case as many people that downloaded it. I couldn't hold back any longer and just bought it.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

3 questions:

1. whats the best sports app

2. whats the best weather app? i currently have the weather channel but the radar doesnt work or maybe im doin it wrong

3. how do i take screenshots?

btw i want free apps and my phones not jailbroken

1. Sportacular

2. I don't have a weather app, I just use the default one that came with the phone.

3. home button + top button at same time or press home, hold it and tap the top button.

yea the best apps are on jailbroken phones, more to choose from.

i have a ipod touch 2nd gen and i have the 2.3 or 2.1 or the one before the newest one and my installous doesnt have a search button anymore can anyone helpme?

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Originally Posted by MarkyMark25

can anyone help me out? im still hesitant to jailbreak

Just do it.

You can always restore when something bad happens.. which unlikely..

I want to. Thing is, I've had the phone since the release (3GS) and have contacts, pics etc. Will it still be there/ can i get it back (through a back-up)after I jailbreak?

Originally Posted by Goldmember

can anyone help me out? im still hesitant to jailbreak

Just do it.

You can always restore when something bad happens.. which unlikely..

I want to. Thing is, I've had the phone since the release (3GS) and have contacts, pics etc. Will it still be there/ can i get it back (through a back-up) after I jailbreak?
yes, all you do is back up your phone...
even when you go through the jailbreak process with redsn0w you won't lose anything really.

so everyones giving a thumbs up for jailbreaking the 3gs with redsnow right?

if so jailbreak here i come
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom