Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Sonic Vox in time for Halloween
[table][tr][td]
Smule the creators of Sonic Lighter have another interesting little app out called Sonic Vox. What Sonic Vox does is it changes your voice on the fly while you talk into the iPhone. The video below is a nice demonstration of the app in progress.

It looked intriguing so I grabbed a copy and tried it out. I was surprised that it was really able to change my voice in real time. I wasn't expecting the iPhone to have quite that much processing power capability.

What I like:
  • It really does work in real-time. No delay between your words and its output.
  • Easy to change the the pitch and echo over your voice with the touch screen controls left-right for pitch up-down for echo.
  • Great fun if you find a nice situation to use it in. My thoughts are it is just in time for halloween to scare kids that visit the house
    wink.gif
What I don't like:
Basically everything I don't like has to do with the limitations Apple has placed on AppStore devs. This app would be totally brilliant if you could use it to make a phone call and change your voice to fool your friends when you call them etc. As is you need to hook your iPhone into an external speaker system and use the iPhone as a microphone -- hooking your iphone into the microphone port on your computer system for a VOIP call could be endlessly fun as well. Just talking into the phone and expecting the crappy phone speaker to provide any kind of decent feedback is completely unreasonable.

What I would like to see:
A jailbroken version that doesn't have AppStore restrictions would be absolutely awesome. That's all there is to it.

You should buy this app if you have an external speaker system to plug your phone into and have an idea on what to use it for. It can be very entertaining and great fun. Unfortunately because of the Apple AppStore restrictions is isn't as brilliant as it could be which is a total shame
frown.gif
. boo Apple
cool.gif

If you have a use or want it for a little entertainment you can grab Sonic Vox from the AppStore for $0.99 right here.

[h2]GPS Module Coming to 1st Generation iPhones[/h2]

Posted on Tuesday, Oct 28, 2008 by Jeremy Sikora
http://6 Comments » File Under:Accessories, News; � Tags: Apple, gps, iGPS360, iPhone, jailbreak, Jailbroken

Did you think we forgot all of you on 1st generation iPhones? Well we here at TiPb have not forgotten any of you! If you have been craving true GPS for you iPhone well here is your chance to grab it while you can.

OrangeGadgets is on the brink of releasing an add on GPS module for the iPhone, the iGPS360. This is excellent news for all of you with 1st generation iPhones… what's the catch you ask? I'm glad you asked… you have to jailbreak your device for it to work. The reason for this is that Apple has not allowed any 3rd party access to the operating system via the dock connector. So jailbreaking is the only way.

The iGPS360 is now available to order for $75.00. For that price you will also receive a 6ft USB-A to micro USB-B cable for on-the-go or at home charging. According to their website the module begins shipping today. Keep in mind, they are only producing 1000 of these units so if you want GPS, act fast!
[/td] [/tr][/table]��

Posted on Monday, Oct 27, 2008 by Jeremy Sikora
http://11 Comments » FileUnder:News; � Tags: 3g, Apple, AT&T, cut and paste, flash, iPhone, java, mms, survey

Back in August AT&T sent out a customer satisfaction survey to all iPhone owners. Well now it seems a new survey is being sent out to all of us on the AT&T network asking how the 2.1 firmware is working for us and what we want to see next on your iPhone 3G.

Now don't get too excited yet! Just because they are asking what we want does not necessarily mean we will get it. Keep in mind Apple has stated before that certain features such as copy/paste and directional GPS take a back seat to other issues that need addressing so on and so forth. But it is better than AT&T and Apple flat out ignoring us right? So at least it is a start.

Apple Insider states:
The questionnaire asks owners to pick the top five hardware or software add-ons they'd like to see and include many of the most prominent requests made in the community, including cutting and pasting text, built-in instant messaging, Flash/Java support and MMS messaging.

So when and if you get this survey, be sure to speak your mind and let AT&T what know what you want. This is our chance… they seem to be listening. (Or at least they are pretending to be!)

[Via Appleinsider]

^^^ MAKE SURE YOU GO FILL THIS OUT.. WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO SEE THE IPHONE WITH MMS AND OTHER APPS/FEATURES!!!

How can i put my own wallpaper on the springboard with the icons from another theme, i put user wallpaper from the winterboard but i still get the wallpaperfrom the theme im using...

Can you guys tell me what your plans are liek for the iphone 3g, the prices, minutes, data plan, text messages,and how many people you guys have on your contract, im looking to get an iphone soon, and im wondering how much others are paying, please state if you gothookups or everything, thanks nt!

$98 tax & System Access fees included (In Canada)
500 Minutes / Free after 6 / Unlimited Network Calls / Free Weekends ($35)
Unlimited Data ($30)
2500 Texts / Who Called / Visual Voicemail / ($15)

Originally Posted by Djoker33

How can i put my own wallpaper on the springboard with the icons from another theme, i put user wallpaper from the winterboard but i still get the wallpaper from the theme im using...
Go into Winterboard and move around the User Wallpaper.. If its above your theme name, move it under the theme name, and vise versa if its underit. I forgot which is which. But it has to do with which loads first, your theme or your wallpaper.

Installous + appulo.us =
smokin.gif

450 minutes, unlimited texting, free N/W and data all comes out to about $90

What's a good pool game besides Midnight Pool.

Also my co-worker downloaded an adult app called isteamy. where can I get it?

Nice themes everyone

Question: How does one place more than one blank on their screen. Ive tried installing the source and i can only seem to get one. I ended up placing thatbehind my stacks. Any help would be appreciated

Originally Posted by SlimK4

Nice themes everyone

Question: How does one place more than one blank on their screen. Ive tried installing the source and i can only seem to get one. I ended up placing that behind my stacks. Any help would be appreciated

All found in "Blanks" under "section" in cydia.
"Install 5","Install 10", "install 20", & "Install 30"

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Nice themes everyone

Question: How does one place more than one blank on their screen. Ive tried installing the source and i can only seem to get one. I ended up placing that behind my stacks. Any help would be appreciated

I checked and i didnt see that option. I only have Blank app. Is this "Blanks" a particular folder or is it is own application? If so what is thesource to get them? Im currently using the Steffwiz source...

I'm having troubles installing the weather widget in ssh. I drag and drop the "weatherwidget.theme in /Library/Themes but it's not showing.

any help would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by RATxAxTAT

Nice themes everyone

I checked and i didnt see that option. I only have Blank app. Is this "Blanks" a particular folder or is it is own application? If so what is the source to get them? Im currently using the Steffwiz source...

Blanks is like a category under sections in cydia.
Just check through "all packages" and look for "install XX blanks". XX being whatever number.

i'll ask another question since my first one aint get answered: which app do i need to change from the regular home background on my phone? i want tochange the icons too...

Originally Posted by delgc23

i'll ask another question since my first one aint get answered: which app do i need to change from the regular home background on my phone? i want to change the icons too...

winterboard and cydia.

Beatmaker is too nice, I wish i new how to export the songs beats to my computer.

Back
Top Bottom