Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by bonafide125

gboy1230 said:
Yo NT can y'all help me out with some website so I get can some custom icons ... And how to add it to my iPhone I would assume I would have to do it throw openssh ????

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/new-skins-themes-launches/

yo good look on the site but i notice there mainly just themes do i have to go throughall the pages to find some that are strictly for icons?

i'm usually lazy when it comes to updating my apps, but i did today and found that GMAPS US West finally has voice support w/ their turn-by-turn for thenewest update. just some info for those that need a decent GPS app. i bought it when it was $20.00 (it's now $35 ON SALE) and it's functionality hasimproved w/ every update (it used to be TERRIBLE, to say the least).

idk how good the ATT GPS service is, but this is for the folks who don't want to pay the $9.99 per month.

Originally Posted by Nasty Mane23

I have 2G Running on 3.0 On the battery is draining mad fast. Why Is That?

same here man, now I hardly touch my phone because I'm afraid it'll drain more fast.

My cousin's 32g 3GS overheated on him today. He bought his the first day it came out..

Wont turn back on at all...so he gets a new one.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

i'm usually lazy when it comes to updating my apps, but i did today and found that GMAPS US West finally has voice support w/ their turn-by-turn for the newest update. just some info for those that need a decent GPS app. i bought it when it was $20.00 (it's now $35 ON SALE) and it's functionality has improved w/ every update (it used to be TERRIBLE, to say the least).

idk how good the ATT GPS service is, but this is for the folks who don't want to pay the $9.99 per month.
I hope the GMAPS East update is coming soon.

Originally Posted by just reason

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

What is the easiest, quickest and most painless way of making a ringtone and uploading it to your phone? Also making it loud enough to hear if I'm down the hall or in the kitchen? I've dealt with programs, apps, SSH, DiskAid and the likes and nothing is acceptable to me. It's frustrating. I use to make ring tones for my RAZR2 using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and they came out loud and crystal clear
frown.gif

myxer.com is the best for ringtones.. it's quite easy and loud too..

i made the ringtone but where do i find it on my phone to set it to a contact?

once it is on your phone.. go to the contact in the contacts app and apply it or go to sound, ringtones..

when my phone is plugged to the computer i click on ringtones and its there but i can't find it under ringtones on my phone...

Is dtunes no longer available in the appstore? And can someone school me on unlocking I wanna unlock my iPhone but I don't wanna screw up.

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

same here man, now I hardly touch my phone because I'm afraid it'll drain more fast.
If you have AIM, IM+, or Beejive, turn off Push Notifications for it. Do this by going to Settings>Push Notifications>Off.

for anyone with a 3gs

do you guys ever notice that once in a while when you wake your screen up it is dimmer than the actual brightness that you set it at?

this has happend to me a few times.

when i put the screen back to sleep and wake up again, its to the normal brightness. im not sure if this is a battery conserving feature or what. i don'thave the auto brightness feature turned on either.

it rarely happens, so im not worried about it. was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

my battery life is fine.

my case: incase frame case (great case, would recommend to anyone)

30rp4yc.jpg

ka0869.jpg

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

What is the easiest, quickest and most painless way of making a ringtone and uploading it to your phone? Also making it loud enough to hear if I'm down the hall or in the kitchen? I've dealt with programs, apps, SSH, DiskAid and the likes and nothing is acceptable to me. It's frustrating. I use to make ring tones for my RAZR2 using Cool Edit Pro 2.0 and they came out loud and crystal clear
frown.gif

myxer.com is the best for ringtones.. it's quite easy and loud too..

i made the ringtone but where do i find it on my phone to set it to a contact?

once it is on your phone.. go to the contact in the contacts app and apply it or go to sound, ringtones..

when my phone is plugged to the computer i click on ringtones and its there but i can't find it under ringtones on my phone...

when you phone is connected to the comp.. when you are ready to sync make sure they are selected.. or they won't sync to your phone.. ** shay nice case..quite bright if you ask me but i bet you will never have to worry about misplacing it.

Originally Posted by durty pancakes

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

If you have AIM, IM+, or Beejive, turn off Push Notifications for it. Do this by going to Settings>Push Notifications>Off.
Thanks, hopefully they'll fix the problem so that we can get push w/o getting our batteries drained.

dont feel like skimming through all this...what is the best website to download free ringtones for my iphone, i do not want to make them, just find them anddownload them.

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

dont feel like skimming through all this...what is the best website to download free ringtones for my iphone, i do not want to make them, just find them and download them.

if you skim through this thread, you can find a post teaching you how to make your own.

I have noticed that. Thank God I have a 3G as well, battery life is great.

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

Originally Posted by MnMballa2323

dont feel like skimming through all this...what is the best website to download free ringtones for my iphone, i do not want to make them, just find them and download them.

if you skim through this thread, you can find a post teaching you how to make your own.
thanks tho

Originally Posted by rossh123

anyone know if you can down grade from 3.0 iphone 2g to the older firmware

yes you can
here is the 2.2.1 firmware package for 2G iPhones
Here
if youre doing a non jailbroken install, just hold down option while clicking Restore in itunes (or the equivalent in Windows if youre not on a mac)

So is QuickPwn going to come out with a jailbreak or do I have to use Ultrasnow/Redsnow? I don't really trust those and have been waiting for QuickPwn tocome out but I'm getting impatient lol.

Back
Top Bottom