Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

I think the 3.0 release on the 18th is for people in other timezones....if you notice at the bottom of the link air freshh posted, it's copyrighted toApple Asia. I believe it will be available later on after 12pm for people here in the US.

*edit*

I was just reading that AT&T at the moment doesn't support both tethering and MMS on the OS 3.0 update
eek.gif
smh.gif
. I'm sure it was discussed before,but this really sucks....AT&T said something that they are going to work to update their plans (which means paying additional amounts of $ to enabletethering and MMS on top of what you normally pay in your data plan) by late summer....wow...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by solidsnake

UK heads... Whens the updated coming? the UK iPhone site has it listed for 17th
Earlier on today The Register reported that their would be a delay for us and we would be getting the new software update tomorrow. Howeverthey've retracted their previous article and now say that we'll be able to download the software later on today, at least according to their new article. No word on when we'll actually be ableto download it though.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

Originally Posted by Air Freshh 23

http://www.apple.com/sg/iphone/softwareupdate/

3.0 HAS BEEN POSTPONED TILL THE 18TH LOL.

indifferent.gif

I don't think that the us apple site. When i go the that same site without the /sg it still says it will be available today. I've heard that it'll be available at around 2:30 New York time which sounds about right going off of previous updates.
That makes sense if you think about it......if it comes out this afternoon in the US, wouldn't that be around 12 am in Asia/Japan. So we areall getting it at the same time......its gonna be a SERVER OVERLOAD
happy.gif

Alright so I restored my phone to factory settings to install the 3.0 update (thus removing the jailbreak) but why is my custom carrier name still showing onmy phone. Anyone know how to remove it? Here's how it looks

_3KoJ3fM5j-vNGZhV4VaSHPEYt5IRpdG.jpg

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Alright so I restored my phone to factory settings to install the 3.0 update (thus removing the jailbreak) but why is my custom carrier name still showing on my phone. Anyone know how to remove it? Here's how it looks

_3KoJ3fM5j-vNGZhV4VaSHPEYt5IRpdG.jpg
You might have to do a complete restore now because what happened is that you had 'Make it Mine' and you backed it up with it on.....Sowhen you put your restore on your iphone it keeps the name.

If there is another way correct me, but i think you have to restore and just make it a new iphone, not from your previous backup

Copy and Pasted from Page 207, any help appreciated guys, thanks:

Dropped my OG iPhone onto a knocked over Corona in Spain over the weekend, now the top or bottom of the screen pretty much won't work at all. I can slideto unlock eventually, but my Phone app is at the bottom.

1. i tried rebooting, got nothing
2. i tried restoring, got nothing

Are there any home remedies for saving the screen? Thanks guys.

so, what kinda loopholes are there for me to get the iPhone 3G S at the 299.99 price, being that I got my iPhone 3G like 3 months ago.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I think the 3.0 release on the 18th is for people in other timezones....if you notice at the bottom of the link air freshh posted, it's copyrighted to Apple Asia. I believe it will be available later on after 12pm for people here in the US.

*edit*

I was just reading that AT&T at the moment doesn't support both tethering and MMS on the OS 3.0 update
eek.gif
smh.gif
. I'm sure it was discussed before, but this really sucks....AT&T said something that they are going to work to update their plans (which means paying additional amounts of $ to enable tethering and MMS on top of what you normally pay in your data plan) by late summer....wow...
smh.gif
someone confirm this........if this is true
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Copy and Pasted from Page 207, any help appreciated guys, thanks:

Dropped my OG iPhone onto a knocked over Corona in Spain over the weekend, now the top or bottom of the screen pretty much won't work at all. I can slide to unlock eventually, but my Phone app is at the bottom.

1. i tried rebooting, got nothing
2. i tried restoring, got nothing

Are there any home remedies for saving the screen? Thanks guys.

time to get the 3Gs homie
smokin.gif

Computerworld - Apple Inc. won't release the iPhone 3.0 software update today until 1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific, according to reports on the Web citing carrier messages to their customers.

As of 11 a.m. Eastern, the smartphone's update, which Apple said last week would be delivered today, was not yet available via iTunes.

According to at least two sites, Engadget and The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW), Apple carrier partners in several countries, including Hong Kong, Singapore and Sweden, have sent text messages to customers telling them of the local time when the update will be ready to download.

Link

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

I think the 3.0 release on the 18th is for people in other timezones....if you notice at the bottom of the link air freshh posted, it's copyrighted to Apple Asia. I believe it will be available later on after 12pm for people here in the US.

*edit*

eek.gif
smh.gif
. I'm sure it was discussed before, but this really sucks....AT&T said something that they are going to work to update their plans (which means paying additional amounts of $ to enable tethering and MMS on top of what you normally pay in your data plan) by late summer....wow...
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
It won't cost us anything extra.

http://gizmodo.com/5291507/iphone-30s-mms-will-be-part-of-sms-bundle-not-sold-at-extra-cost

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by TerroristTim

*edit*

eek.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif
It won't cost us anything extra.

http://gizmodo.com/5291507/iphone-30s-mms-will-be-part-of-sms-bundle-not-sold-at-extra-cost
Whew....good to know. Just wondering when AT&T will be ready to do this.....

Back
Top Bottom