Official iPhone: RIP Steve Jobs.. Jailbreak Avail for 5.0(Page 1)

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by retro23phan

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

This new jailbreaking process is a joke imo.

Does the "Disable Partition" box have to be checked? I think that is whats making me not get into DFU mode correctly. Or what size do I have to put it on?
are you using pwnagetool? if so im not familiar with it seeing it as i have PC. But to try to answer your question, typically the phone has a 600-700MB partition, you can raise it higher (which i believe it should be at around 800-900). I have not yet been able to do so since winpwn with 2.0
As far as phone getting into DFU mode, you can do it yourself.
http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

hope that helps
Thanks for responding to my post.
So basically, you can't go into DFU mode with OS 10.5.6 or something like that so you gotta do a few extra things.
So now I am set and it is taking forever to transfer all my apps and songs.
grin.gif
oh nice i forgot about that, i read it on gizmodo a long time ago. well good luck nevertheless

Worlds Enemy, no problem bro, im glad i can help.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5191257/ghostbusters-coming-to-iphone-james-bond-along-for-the-ride

Sony Pictures Television want to make money off this while iPhone gaming craze thing. So they're releasing a number of games based on Sony properties, likeGhostbusters andJames Bond.

We know nothing except projected release dates. Ghostbusters will be out in June, while the Bond title - called "Top Agent" - will be out inAugust, and will include some kind of multiplayer feature.

In addition to those movie properties, Sony also own the mobile rights to Q*Bert, so will be releasing the first official version of the game on theiPhone. Oh, and as far as regular mobile phones go, they'll also be putting out a Voltron game later in the year.

Can I get a little help here? I'm trying to configure my iPhone through the default "mail" app to allow me to use my college email. As far as Iknow, it's an IMAP account, and I believe I have all of the information right, but it's not pulling anything from my inbox and it won'tallow me to send mail either.

Any suggestions?

My iphone keeps disconnecting and connecting from windows. Anyone know the reason behind this?It was working fine when i did it last week. Now its being dumb.Any solutions to this?

For those on t-mobile, do you ever get a message saying that you're not connected to a server when using either an app like twitterfon or trying to usesafari? I've got this like 3 times in the last 2 days, but the weird part about it is that it'll come right after I've just used some sort of data.What could be causing this? Should I change the apn settings? Right now I'm using wap.voicestream.com

stupid question real quick

I am selling my iphone to buy a 3g so my phone is jailbroken and i dont want to sell it jailbroken, if i click restore on iTunes will it go back to normal,(like i bought it the first day original)

So I'm working on getting SSH but am having a few problems. First my iPhone doesn't show my IP address for some reason, so I searched online to findout what mine is but that may not be the right one? Then when I login the box pops up but there's no text in it like in all the youtube tutorial videosI've watched. And then it repeatedly times out (over 50 times). Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by icykicks79

stupid question real quick

I am selling my iphone to buy a 3g so my phone is jailbroken and i dont want to sell it jailbroken, if i click restore on iTunes will it go back to normal, (like i bought it the first day original)
just go to setting, general, all the way at the bottom reset, and hit reset all content and setting and itll take about an hour and change.

Originally Posted by BirdsIView

So I'm working on getting SSH but am having a few problems. First my iPhone doesn't show my IP address for some reason, so I searched online to find out what mine is but that may not be the right one? Then when I login the box pops up but there's no text in it like in all the youtube tutorial videos I've watched. And then it repeatedly times out (over 50 times). Any suggestions?
go to cydia and search for bossprefs, download it and turn wifi on from there, once u are connected , the ip address should be right there underthe wifi toggle in boss prefs, if u are using winscp to ssh type in ur ip, username:root pw: alpine, it takes a couple of times for it to go through the firsttime so dont get discouraged.

anyone here ever deal with a internally damaged LCD ??

Okay, so Out of ALL the times i dropped my iPhone (one time being dropping it from 3 stories high), yesterday my iPhone casually slid off my lap and landedtouch screen face first onto a tiled floor. I even have a incase slider case on it. So i picked up my phone and its all white w/ grey lines. I tried doing ahard reset both while connected to iTunes and not connected to iTunes, no luck... it just gives me that white screen.

I'm pretty sure I have a cracked LCD, some type of internal damage i am guessing. what can i do ? I got the phone last summer, I jailbroke it 2 months ago,but yesterday when it broke, i connected it to iTunes and restored it to factory mode.

what are my options here ? how much $$ am I looking to spend?

Sigh.. thanks for all the help in advance.
xcrskim is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

So I'm working on getting SSH but am having a few problems. First my iPhone doesn't show my IP address for some reason, so I searched online to find out what mine is but that may not be the right one? Then when I login the box pops up but there's no text in it like in all the youtube tutorial videos I've watched. And then it repeatedly times out (over 50 times). Any suggestions?
go to cydia and search for bossprefs, download it and turn wifi on from there, once u are connected , the ip address should be right there under the wifi toggle in boss prefs, if u are using winscp to ssh type in ur ip, username:root pw: alpine, it takes a couple of times for it to go through the first time so dont get discouraged.
All of those have been done but still no success
grin.gif

EDIT: Now I do see my IP address and it's different from the one that I got from googling "what is my IP address" but I still don't have anytext in the box that pops up when logging in and still get the connection timed out message. I'll keep trying but do you think the no text in the box is aproblem?

Originally Posted by TRIPLETHREAT0699

go to cydia and search for bossprefs, download it and turn wifi on from there, once u are connected , the ip address should be right there under the wifi toggle in boss prefs, if u are using winscp to ssh type in ur ip, username:root pw: alpine, it takes a couple of times for it to go through the first time so dont get discouraged.
All of those have been done but still no success
grin.gif

EDIT: Now I do see my IP address and it's different from the one that I got from googling "what is my IP address" but I still don't have any text in the box that pops up when logging in and still get the connection timed out message. I'll keep trying but do you think the no text in the box is a problem?

the ip address for ur phone not pc,, but hmm i dont know. Try rebooting and conecting to wifi again.

Okay now I have a question, I have my 2G jailbroken and activated and running on 2.1 but I want to update the software. Will I lose my data (notes, etc) on myiPhone if I use PWNage to update it?

BIG QUESTION GUYS: I have some wmv files I want to convert but everything I've tried has been crappy. Can someone suggest me a good one to use. I normallyuse videora but it does not support wmv. :[

Ok I dropped my iPhone and the screen is cracked.

I was wondering what can be done?

Is it possible to get a replacement?

Back
Top Bottom