Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

So after using this IceFilms for a while and mirroring to the TV I'm thinking about just shelling out the $99 for the Apple TV 2, jailbreaking it and installing XBMC/Icefilms and just getting rid of cable all together lol. I mean it still works on the ipad but its not as simple to browse the menus and stuff plus you have to get up to swipe through the menus on the ipad, etc.

So after using this IceFilms for a while and mirroring to the TV I'm thinking about just shelling out the $99 for the Apple TV 2, jailbreaking it and installing XBMC/Icefilms and just getting rid of cable all together lol. I mean it still works on the ipad but its not as simple to browse the menus and stuff plus you have to get up to swipe through the menus on the ipad, etc.

do you guys recomend me getting the iPad 1??

just a few questions
are they that far out of date??
can i use the hdmi adapter??
can i use ALL the apps in the iPad app store?? (besides the camera apps)

just a few questions

Originally Posted by 23soles

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

hey guys, so I'm hopefully picking up the iPad 2 tomorrow if my local Target has it, I've checked through a lot of this thread but it seems like its mainly about jailbreaking it, but what kind of case is everybody using? And will i need to get a screen protector or is that unnecessary? any help is appreciated!

I use a smart cover with a belkin snap case for the back and it's perfect in my opinion. The belkin case is really thin so the ipad still feels slim and fits in my hands well and I pretty much only use the smart cover for a stand when I'm typing or viewing something. I think all screen protectors are pretty useless when it comes to apple devices. The screens are incredibly strong and seemingly scratchproof. The plastic film type covers do however reduce the amount of finger prints on the screen though. All in all, I think the combo of a smart cover and the belkin case  (or any like it, check out the incipo smart feather too) is all you need. My only complaint with the smart cover is the fact that it leaves vertical smudge lines on my screen where the creases are but those wipe off easily. Also, if youre interested in an all in one case, griffin released their intellicase (I think thats what it's called) not too long ago, which is essentially a apple's smart cover connected to a plastic back cover. I think it's $50, cheaper than my combo.
i got my ipad 2 today and i can't put it down
laugh.gif
 i love it. thanks to everyone with the great reviews, i'm heading to the mall today and gonna check out everything you guys suggested

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

hey guys, so I'm hopefully picking up the iPad 2 tomorrow if my local Target has it, I've checked through a lot of this thread but it seems like its mainly about jailbreaking it, but what kind of case is everybody using? And will i need to get a screen protector or is that unnecessary? any help is appreciated!

I use a smart cover with a belkin snap case for the back and it's perfect in my opinion. The belkin case is really thin so the ipad still feels slim and fits in my hands well and I pretty much only use the smart cover for a stand when I'm typing or viewing something. I think all screen protectors are pretty useless when it comes to apple devices. The screens are incredibly strong and seemingly scratchproof. The plastic film type covers do however reduce the amount of finger prints on the screen though. All in all, I think the combo of a smart cover and the belkin case  (or any like it, check out the incipo smart feather too) is all you need. My only complaint with the smart cover is the fact that it leaves vertical smudge lines on my screen where the creases are but those wipe off easily. Also, if youre interested in an all in one case, griffin released their intellicase (I think thats what it's called) not too long ago, which is essentially a apple's smart cover connected to a plastic back cover. I think it's $50, cheaper than my combo.
i got my ipad 2 today and i can't put it down
laugh.gif
 i love it. thanks to everyone with the great reviews, i'm heading to the mall today and gonna check out everything you guys suggested

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

just a few questions

I would def recommend the 1. I have it (bought it mid-March) and I haven't had any issues. All apps work and it's fast enough for me. I don't have it but .i'm lretty sure hdmi works. However, I don't play games at all on this so I can't speak on that.

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

just a few questions

I would def recommend the 1. I have it (bought it mid-March) and I haven't had any issues. All apps work and it's fast enough for me. I don't have it but .i'm lretty sure hdmi works. However, I don't play games at all on this so I can't speak on that.

Originally Posted by KickHead23

I'd say go for it dude, that little $100 (plus hdmi cable) is nothing for what you're getting and I could imagine getting up to navigate through the menus sucks... Although I don't know if getting the Apple tv will ease the menu browsing experience, I still get tired of scrolling through those damn long menus. I use my iPad as a remote but even with the actual apple tv remote scrolling's still a bit of a pain. Not complaining though, this ice films add on is sick

I'd say go for it dude, that little $100 (plus hdmi cable) is nothing for what you're getting and I could imagine getting up to navigate through the menus sucks... Although I don't know if getting the Apple tv will ease the menu browsing experience, I still get tired of scrolling through those damn long menus. I use my iPad as a remote but even with the actual apple tv remote scrolling's still a bit of a pain. Not complaining though, this ice films add on is sick

Hey guys, I recently got a new job where having access to the internet on the go will really help. So I have a few questions and don't wanna read though 80 pages
laugh.gif

1- How does the 3G work, as in, is it just internet everywhere? Like, if I'm on a cruise, does my iPad get free internet, or if I'm sorta I'm in the middle of nowhere?
2- How much does that 3G plan cost a month?

Sorry again for the dumb questions.

Hey guys, I recently got a new job where having access to the internet on the go will really help. So I have a few questions and don't wanna read though 80 pages
laugh.gif

1- How does the 3G work, as in, is it just internet everywhere? Like, if I'm on a cruise, does my iPad get free internet, or if I'm sorta I'm in the middle of nowhere?

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

laugh.gif

1. You'll get internet everywhere either Verizon or AT&T have coverage.

Verizon Coverage Map

verizon-coverage-map.jpg

AT&T Coverage Map

Cing_NatlCov.gif

2. Verizon and AT&T Plans

ipaddataplanscompared-227992.jpg

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

laugh.gif

1. You'll get internet everywhere either Verizon or AT&T have coverage.

Verizon Coverage Map

verizon-coverage-map.jpg

AT&T Coverage Map

Cing_NatlCov.gif

2. Verizon and AT&T Plans

ipaddataplanscompared-227992.jpg

If you go through with it, update this thread on how it is.  I don't know anyone with Apple TV.  And are the digital downloads that come with Blu Ray movies in HD?  I see they take up like 1GB but I thought HD movies take up about 2.5GB. 

If you go through with it, update this thread on how it is.  I don't know anyone with Apple TV.  And are the digital downloads that come with Blu Ray movies in HD?  I see they take up like 1GB but I thought HD movies take up about 2.5GB. 

So for the people using the iPad for their college education, how is it helping you so far? What types of apps you have installed?

So for the people using the iPad for their college education, how is it helping you so far? What types of apps you have installed?

Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy

I use an app called Kno. You can download ebooks for your classes and it keeps them all organized according to class, along with any other documents (syllabi, assignments, study guides etc) you want to keep too. The actual book interface is similar to ibooks in that it allows you to highlight, bookmark, look up words and take notes within the app. Not books are available in their bookstore but if a book you need isn't there, you can request it and they send that request to the publisher and if the electronic version exists, it is added to their store for you. I haven't used it much but so far, so good. I believe it's relatively new too so it has room/time to grow.
Other than that, I take notes on it sometimes using either pages or the bamboo paper/pen and as entertainment to kill time during BORING 3 hour lectures.

Originally Posted by HarajukuBoy

I use an app called Kno. You can download ebooks for your classes and it keeps them all organized according to class, along with any other documents (syllabi, assignments, study guides etc) you want to keep too. The actual book interface is similar to ibooks in that it allows you to highlight, bookmark, look up words and take notes within the app. Not books are available in their bookstore but if a book you need isn't there, you can request it and they send that request to the publisher and if the electronic version exists, it is added to their store for you. I haven't used it much but so far, so good. I believe it's relatively new too so it has room/time to grow.
Other than that, I take notes on it sometimes using either pages or the bamboo paper/pen and as entertainment to kill time during BORING 3 hour lectures.

Yea, Paul, the one thing I regret is not renewing my unlimited plan in time.

Now, the SIM is like $600 a pop on eBay.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom