Official iPad Thread ("New iPad' to launch March 16 **Details Inside**)

Ok guys, finally did the jailbreak for the ipad 2, wifi.

Now some questions, since I am new to cydia. Any sites to go to see what are good cydia apps/tweaks? I have been on android and not too familiar with IOS in regards to the ipad, etc.

Anything else I need to do?

Ok guys, finally did the jailbreak for the ipad 2, wifi.

Now some questions, since I am new to cydia. Any sites to go to see what are good cydia apps/tweaks? I have been on android and not too familiar with IOS in regards to the ipad, etc.

Anything else I need to do?

Originally Posted by 23soles

As of now there's no way to airplay xbmc to the apple tv to my knowledge (the air video enabler app was the only possibility but doesnt work due to xbmc's custom media player) but I'd strongly suggest jailbreaking the apple tv (using seasonpass) and just using your ipad as a remote, as someone else suggested. The set up is quick and easy 

I know that iOS 5 will allow Airplay Mirroring for the iPad 2, I'm thinking maybe they have that option for the iOS 5 beta if someone really wants it now. 

As of now there's no way to airplay xbmc to the apple tv to my knowledge (the air video enabler app was the only possibility but doesnt work due to xbmc's custom media player) but I'd strongly suggest jailbreaking the apple tv (using seasonpass) and just using your ipad as a remote, as someone else suggested. The set up is quick and easy 

I know that iOS 5 will allow Airplay Mirroring for the iPad 2, I'm thinking maybe they have that option for the iOS 5 beta if someone really wants it now. 

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

Yeah, mirroring may actually work in iOS5 for xbmc, good point... But if that feature was in iOS5 beta, I think the tech blogs would have mentioned it, seeing as many people were pissed with the inability to AirPlay hbogo, xfinity, and other media players. Hopefully you're right though because I've been using somebody else's login for hbogo and xfinity and I'd love to have it play on the big screen

Originally Posted by Cant Break The Unbreakable

Yeah, mirroring may actually work in iOS5 for xbmc, good point... But if that feature was in iOS5 beta, I think the tech blogs would have mentioned it, seeing as many people were pissed with the inability to AirPlay hbogo, xfinity, and other media players. Hopefully you're right though because I've been using somebody else's login for hbogo and xfinity and I'd love to have it play on the big screen

Originally Posted by Sundizzle

Originally Posted by Degenerate423
5.  Watch movies or shows.  I just have the VLC player app and most avi/any type of file plays pretty well on it.
Is the VLC player app still available?  And how did you transfer files to your ipad?  Did you sync it somehow with itunes or did you use another app?  My biggest complaint with the ipad is the lack of usb port.  Like really?  You can't put a damn port and make consumers' lives a little easier?  I have a lot of movies on my portable hd's and it would be great if I could just plug and play movies / shows on the ipad.  If I buy another tablet, it'll have to be one with ports.

5.  Watch movies or shows.  I just have the VLC player app and most avi/any type of file plays pretty well on it.
Is the VLC player app still available?  And how did you transfer files to your ipad?  Did you sync it somehow with itunes or did you use another app?  My biggest complaint with the ipad is the lack of usb port.  Like really?  You can't put a damn port and make consumers' lives a little easier?  I have a lot of movies on my portable hd's and it would be great if I could just plug and play movies / shows on the ipad.  If I buy another tablet, it'll have to be one with ports.

Originally Posted by shogun

You can do this. Add those movies to iTunes and use Airplay to stream them to iPad.

Apple's actually getting away from the whole USB interface, evidenced by them moving everything to the cloud.

You can do this. Add those movies to iTunes and use Airplay to stream them to iPad.

Apple's actually getting away from the whole USB interface, evidenced by them moving everything to the cloud.

Skype for iPad is back up. It was in the App Store last night, pulled off the App Store, and back on. Cant use it though since I finally did the jailbreak for the iPad, and it says it wont work on jailbroken devices. (not exact words.)

^
I still have to convert them to mp4 format right?  My converter takes forever.

^

Skype for iPad is back up. It was in the App Store last night, pulled off the App Store, and back on. Cant use it though since I finally did the jailbreak for the iPad, and it says it wont work on jailbroken devices. (not exact words.)

^

I gave you the wrong info, sorry about that. You have to download an app called AirVideo. It converts on the fly.

I believe iTunes will only Airplay to TVs (via Apple TV or Airport) and not iOS devices.

The VLC app isn't available in the apple app store but i got it from cydia not too long ago so it should still be there. You can ssh media files to your iPad, just go to the /var/mobile/media section and add files there then close and reopen the VLC app and your videos should be there.As for the lack of USB port, I don't miss it much at all and I could go without it oif ther people would use programs like dropbox or whatever... Kinda sucks when someone has a flash drive in class and I need that info but only have my iPad with me... Apple should add air drop to iOS, that would help some... Also I use splashtop to access my laptop remotely, they've added support for Internet discovery for macs now so you can access your computer from anywhere if you have a gmail account. It's a tad bit laggy now but they make frequent upgrades so I'm assuming the kinks will be worked out eventually.

The VLC app isn't available in the apple app store but i got it from cydia not too long ago so it should still be there. You can ssh media files to your iPad, just go to the /var/mobile/media section and add files there then close and reopen the VLC app and your videos should be there.As for the lack of USB port, I don't miss it much at all and I could go without it oif ther people would use programs like dropbox or whatever... Kinda sucks when someone has a flash drive in class and I need that info but only have my iPad with me... Apple should add air drop to iOS, that would help some... Also I use splashtop to access my laptop remotely, they've added support for Internet discovery for macs now so you can access your computer from anywhere if you have a gmail account. It's a tad bit laggy now but they make frequent upgrades so I'm assuming the kinks will be worked out eventually.

^

I gave you the wrong info, sorry about that. You have to download an app called AirVideo. It converts on the fly.

I believe iTunes will only Airplay to TVs (via Apple TV or Airport) and not iOS devices.

Originally Posted by furiousstylezz

My ipad is jailbroken and Skype works for me, TWC in the other hand.
photo.JPG
mail

$++*#%!@.
indifferent.gif
. If you haven't updated the app then DON'T DO IT

Originally Posted by furiousstylezz

My ipad is jailbroken and Skype works for me, TWC in the other hand.
photo.JPG
mail

$++*#%!@.
indifferent.gif
. If you haven't updated the app then DON'T DO IT

how much do these still go for in china? mainland/HK?

im traveling abroad in a few days and want to see if it would be worth it to scoop up an ipad to flip over there (which model would be preferred and prices etc.)

i also am bringing 2 iphones to off in their market.

thanks in advance, much love

how much do these still go for in china? mainland/HK?

im traveling abroad in a few days and want to see if it would be worth it to scoop up an ipad to flip over there (which model would be preferred and prices etc.)

i also am bringing 2 iphones to off in their market.

thanks in advance, much love

Back
Top Bottom