Official iPad 3 Event Thread (new Apple TV too?)

Originally Posted by cRazy dav0

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

Apple produces products that the consumer is ready for. Call that incremental if you want, but it's the reason why they are the most successful public company of all time. I'd wager the iPhone 4S didn't come with LTE because they deemed technology was too immature for inclusion. No need to piss off your consumer base by including something that cannot be fully utilized and will only harm your device's performance (battery life?). 

this response is perfect.
Apple is so meticulous about quality and performance that they won't implement it until it's perfect.  Did you see how fast they dropped Nvidia??

They dropped Nvidia b/c of the class action lawsuit ... and those faulty GPU in their macbooks that they btw refuse to pay for ... Apple took a dump on a lot of loyal customers b/c of this ... Apple as a company is beyond overrated ... cosign the greatest marketing company of all time ... The ipod was innovative ... since then they just sit back and take existing technology and spin it to their liking and convince the masses that it's the greatest thing since slice bread. I own a MBP and ipod touch ... they're cool ... paid nowhere near retail for either one b/c their price points are OD ...

the machine is rolling though and i ain't even mad ... i like apple software ... and my products have been paid for many times over (apple stock ftw) ...

anyway ... these incremental moves is all they have ... why change the formula ... look how many people preordered the new ipad ... and when the new new ipad comes out next year ... they'll sell their old new ipad ... and cop the new new joint ... it's hilarious to watch

incremental????

WHAT IS EVERY OTHER TABLET MAKER DOING?

The new iPad has the the best gpu, probably the best cpu, top battery life, lte connectivity, and the biggest app store what else could it do? would you have preferred them change the shape to a circle?

There is no possible feature they could of had that would of been realistic...Why would they ad a sd card slot none of their devices have them, why would they add thunderbolt connection no one has a pc with that yet..

areyounotentertained.jpg

and for the Android fanboys be honest with yourself, if the ipad could run Android you would buy it the specs are far from underwhelming

What I want to know is if I can purchase a Verizon 4G/LTE iPad and use either Verizon or AT&T's 3G since this new iPad is "3G World Ready".

Verizon 4G isn't in my area yet but it rumored to be within the next 6 months. It is, however, in those areas that I will be traveling to or through. There is currently AT&T 3G in my area. AT&T 4G coverage is lacking significantly in comparison to Verizon.

I really hope Apple allows us to switch between 3G carriers for the 4G iPads.

Maybe I need to just say eff it and get a wifi only. I've only used 3G on my iPad 2 maybe three times within the last year anyway. And the horrible data plans for 4G just don't lend themselves to any productivity.

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

What I want to know is if I can purchase a Verizon 4G/LTE iPad and use either Verizon or AT&T's 3G since this new iPad is "3G World Ready".

Verizon 4G isn't in my area yet but it rumored to be within the next 6 months. It is, however, in those areas that I will be traveling to or through. There is currently AT&T 3G in my area. AT&T 4G coverage is lacking significantly in comparison to Verizon.

I really hope Apple allows us to switch between 3G carriers for the 4G iPads.

Maybe I need to just say eff it and get a wifi only. I've only used 3G on my iPad 2 maybe three times within the last year anyway. And the horrible data plans for 4G just don't lend themselves to any productivity.

Get Wifi only and if need you can get a 4g Hotspot from VZW when the time comes or use Hotspot on a 4g phone.

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Get Wifi only and if need you can get a 4g Hotspot from VZW when the time comes or use Hotspot on a 4g phone.

I think I'm going to just go with the Verizon 4G iPad.

It will allow me to reap the benefits of LTE while traveling, now, and give me something to look forward to in the future if I do choose to turn it on where I live.

when i can manipulate the actual files on an apple device with no pc connectivity, then i'll consider buying one. The OS is just too limiting right now. I feel like the OS hasn't kept up with all the hardware advancements they've made. I'll just wait until an android tablet with similar specs comes out and I'll cop that.

Originally Posted by ATLsFinest

when i can manipulate the actual files on an apple device with no pc connectivity, then i'll consider buying one. The OS is just too limiting right now. I feel like the OS hasn't kept up with all the hardware advancements they've made. I'll just wait until an android tablet with similar specs comes out and I'll cop that.
Tell me what you want to do and how you think the iPad hinders that productivity.

Tell me what you want to do and how you think the iPad hinders that productivity.
lol cats don't even know what they want to do, I can literally do everything I do on my Mac and PC on my iPad, only thing missing is Flash Support.

All the iPad is missing is Flash. If it had that without jailbreaking I would definitely get one. As for now I'm on my Galaxy Note which has a screen with the same amount of pixels per inch as the iPad3 plus flash, user replaceable storage, an excellent 8mp cam on the back, and excellent 2mp cam on the front, LTE 4G, and 1080p video recording.

lol cats don't even know what they want to do, I can literally do everything I do on my Mac and PC on my iPad, only thing missing is Flash Support.
On an android I can download torrents (books, movies, music of wide variety of formats) straight to my device. I have more control over the actual files, for example and I can put files in different folders (real pc folders). the list goes on. I also prefer ICS on android to anything that apple has done for their tablet OS. It's 2012 and they still don't have simple widgets? I don't hate apple, I was a long-time iphone user. I just like android functionality.

On an android I can download torrents (books, movies, music of wide variety of formats) straight to my device. I have more control over the actual files, for example and I can put files in different folders (real pc folders). the list goes on. I also prefer ICS on android to anything that apple has done for their tablet OS. It's 2012 and they still don't have simple widgets? I don't hate apple, I was a long-time iphone user. I just like android functionality.

So we judging technology off of how much illegal things we can do? Apples ecosystem allows you to buy all of those straight of the device. Can't help you if you can't afford it

Just pre-ordered mine. Anyone know of any good cases? Preferably leather and portfolio/book style. Looking mainly at Incase products right now. Thanks.

just ordered 2x 16gb wifi white ones..

if the price is right ill flip em.. if not ill keep one and give one to my momma. even tho the original plan was to cop her the ipad 2 on the price drop lol..

On an android I can download torrents (books, movies, music of wide variety of formats) straight to my device. I have more control over the actual files, for example and I can put files in different folders (real pc folders). the list goes on.
I can do this on the iPad.

And I would sacrifice a bit of that control for the UI on the iPad even if I couldn't.

ATLsFinest said:
On an android I can download torrents (books, movies, music of wide variety of formats) straight to my device. I have more control over the actual files, for example and I can put files in different folders (real pc folders). the list goes on./quote]I can do this on the iPad.

And I would sacrifice a bit of that control for the UI on the iPad even if I couldn't.
that's fine, no hate. I loved now simple iOS was when I had an iphone. It's just a preference thing man. No need to get defensive, these are just consumer goods

Oh nah I wasn't getting defensive or anything. I was just saying that I could do those things as well.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Just pre-ordered mine. Anyone know of any good cases? Preferably leather and portfolio/book style. Looking mainly at Incase products right now. Thanks.
Incase makes some pretty good ones.  Check out Speck as well as Belkin.  

I was just getting myself pumped up to buy a 2 and now this...I'm damn near scared to buy this one b/c I know the 4 gotta be coming out next yr

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

So we judging technology off of how much illegal things we can do? Apples ecosystem allows you to buy all of those straight of the device. Can't help you if you can't afford it

its still very limiting when it comes to playing a wide variety of file formats and still no widgets? c'mon man. the hardware is sick but it feels like I'm using the same OS from 2007. lol @ apple fanboys getting salty that others don't love apple products
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
. it's not that serious bruh.

Ehh...TV wasn't what I expected. I'm still waiting for them to release the ACTUAL tv unit with the OS built in. I still may cop tho

AppleTV + Netflix + NBA League Pass > Subscription Cable Service

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

So when it releases is it only at Apple stores & their website or will places lke Best Buy have it too?

BB, Target, etc should all have it on launch day as they did with the iPad 2.
Good looking out; I will be hitting up Best Buy next Friday
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I was just getting myself pumped up to buy a 2 and now this...I'm damn near scared to buy this one b/c I know the 4 gotta be coming out next yr
wut?
yes the 4 IS coming out next year this time, maybe sooner 

buy it stop waiting theres always something better coming along, these ipads hold great value 

Back
Top Bottom