Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

Anybody with the TP2 got a problem with their e-mail account? Because I do, again.
indifferent.gif

My e-mail account is showing 1/2620 e-mails and it's really slowing my phone down. This happened to me before (4 times to be exact and I would just have to delete my account on my phone and input in all the info again to fix it) and I took it to the AT&T Store. The guy there told me there was something I had to do with my Yahoo e-mail account and set something. So I went home and tried to change what the guy told me, but I couldn't find what the guy was talking about. Is there some sort of option or something that you have to change from your Yahoo e-mail account when you also set it up on your phone?
So what? It's showin all the emails in your account?
Yeah, it's showing ALL the emails which makes my phone lag.

maybe you could check in that email account settings to only download the 20 most recent?
I was just about to say the same thing. change your email settings to download the last 4 emails at the most. And if ur account gets a lot ofspam, don't even bother puttin it on the phone

Anybody with the TP2 got a problem with their e-mail account? Because I do, again.
indifferent.gif

My e-mail account is showing 1/2620 e-mails and it's really slowing my phone down. This happened to me before (4 times to be exact and I would just have to delete my account on my phone and input in all the info again to fix it) and I took it to the AT&T Store. The guy there told me there was something I had to do with my Yahoo e-mail account and set something. So I went home and tried to change what the guy told me, but I couldn't find what the guy was talking about. Is there some sort of option or something that you have to change from your Yahoo e-mail account when you also set it up on your phone?

maybe you could check in that email account settings to only download the 20 most recent?
I was just about to say the same thing. change your email settings to download the last 4 emails at the most. And if ur account gets a lot of spam, don't even bother puttin it on the phone
It's set to show me e-mails from the last 3 days... so that should be good. Thing is that I've been having it set on that and even stillafter a few days, it's back to showing me all my e-mails. This is
15nahys.gif
stupid. So no one else ishaving this problem?

[h4]HTC Espresso's revised Sense UI spotted?[/h4]
By Chris Ziegler posted Dec 21st 2009 3:22AM

Among the seemingly thousands of Android-powered HTC handsets rumored for the first half of 2010, little is known of the mysterious Espresso -- the codename was found in a 2.1 ROM and a sketchy report claims that it'll have a QWERTY keyboard for an MWC announcement, but other than that, we're in the dark. Anyhow, Italian site hdblog.it now claims to have some shots ripped off the Espresso's display, and at a glance, you can tell this isn't quite the Sense we're used to from the Hero. The bar along the bottom now features direct access to People -- a feature we'd already heard would be revised for HTC's next round of Android phones -- and app icons have apparently been graced with translucent surrounds that are... well, not exactly pretty. We've got to keep our opinions in check until we actually see a shipping ROM, of course, so hopefully those talks of an MWC unveiling in February pan out.

indifferent.gif

I was just about to say the same thing. change your email settings to download the last 4 emails at the most. And if ur account gets a lot of spam, don't even bother puttin it on the phone
It's set to show me e-mails from the last 3 days... so that should be good. Thing is that I've been having it set on that and even still after a few days, it's back to showing me all my e-mails. This is
15nahys.gif
stupid. So no one else is having this problem?
I use seven at seven.com
its a waay better email client. u can sync yer calender and contacts with yer email and you get your emails almost in real time. before that I've alwayshad problems w yahoo with my windows mobile phones

ight im strongly thinking about taking my tp2 back and getting a cliq.
anyone think this is a good move or not?

Originally Posted by tecca nena

I use seven at seven.com
its a waay better email client. u can sync yer calender and contacts with yer email and you get your emails almost in real time. before that I've always had problems w yahoo with my windows mobile phones
Tomorrow, I'm going to the AT&T store complain center or whatever that place is for them to troubleshoot it. I'll probably end uptrying that seven.com thing. Thanks!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ps2child

Nah homie, that's downgrading. What don't u like about the phone?

Originally Posted by BDavis5

is the tp2 is the hd2 but with a physical keyboard?

The HD2 *!!#$ all over the TP2, it's the best WM phone out and arguably the best phone out altogether.

359y72r.jpg

9h4ewg.jpg

2vvtjt3.jpg

my current rom nrg leo 2.5 , with dusk theme

ive tried lots of roms and when it comes to speed and performance nrg>all

I cant get used to the version of windows on it. for some reason i was thinking this phone would be like a G1 with android on it.
turns out i didnt do my research well enough and now knowing that android is not for this phone. if i can find some cool free apps or find a
way to make using the phones GUI/rom better i may consider keeping but right now this phone is boring me and i want to get something else.

any advice??

Just flashed to MightyROM...this is awesome, lol. I've had hella HTC phones but this is the 1st one I have flashed. It's like having a whole new phone.And the best part about it is that there are a gang of ROMs out there, so I can keep trying them all out until I find the one that fits best for me.

[h1]Put Android on your HTC WM Phone?[/h1]
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
0.0By James F. Koopmann December 22, 2009 05:46 PM
[h3]Htcpedia news:[/h3]

Put Android on your HTC WM Phone?​

Put Android on your HTC WM Phone?

Did you buy a WM phone for Christmas when you should have purchased an Android-based model? Maybe it's time to upgrade and you want a taste before heading to the stores. Or maybe you just want to test the powers of your Windows Mobile phone? Whatever the reason, hopefully not to try and brick it, those over at XDA have come up with a pseudo-port of Android 2.0.1 for the HTC Diamond2, touch Pro2, and HD that will turn your Windows Mobile device into an Android pastry.

Simple installations are as follows:

Step 1: Download the proper build for your phone:
Step 2: Extract the zip file to your computer and copy/move all the files to your SD Card.
Step 3: Run Haret and wait for it to boot Android.

I'd be interested in those giving this a try. Please post and let the htcpedia.com community know how it goes and looks.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h1]Put Android on your HTC WM Phone?[/h1]
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
zvezda2.gif
0.0By James F. Koopmann December 22, 2009 05:46 PM
[h3]Htcpedia news:[/h3]

Put Android on your HTC WM Phone?​

Did you buy a WM phone for Christmas when you should have purchased an Android-based model? Maybe it's time to upgrade and you want a taste before heading to the stores. Or maybe you just want to test the powers of your Windows Mobile phone? Whatever the reason, hopefully not to try and brick it, those over at XDA have come up with a pseudo-port of Android 2.0.1 for the HTC Diamond2, touch Pro2, and HD that will turn your Windows Mobile device into an Android pastry.

Simple installations are as follows:

Step 1: Download the proper build for your phone:
Step 2: Extract the zip file to your computer and copy/move all the files to your SD Card.
Step 3: Run Haret and wait for it to boot Android.

I'd be interested in those giving this a try. Please post and let the htcpedia.com community know how it goes and looks.

eek.gif
eek.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
eek.gif
...you may have just saved me from switching to an actual android phone.....can someone confirm this works????
anyone???????

Did any of you get the e-mail? 50% off sale at SPB Software house!

I'll be buying Finance as long as it's compatible with 6.5.x. I may even buy Mobile Shell at that price. It'll be nice to have a legitimate copythat I can upgrade when upgrades are released.

my current rom nrg leo 2.5 , with dusk theme

ive tried lots of roms and when it comes to speed and performance nrg>all
I had the carbon fiber version and Christmas theme
pimp.gif
Theylook great, but I made the mistake of flashing before a vacation w/o knowing the bugs or keeping a ROM I knew was flawless as backup. I didn't havepicture mail (Sprint) so I was without picture mail for a while and missed a couple that I really wanted to see. Still, being able to keep ROMs on my SD cardso that I can completely change my phone in two minutes time is awesome.

1) they should have made the touch pro 2 (verizon) with a faster processor. mine lagged a tad too much and had some freeze issues. 2) didn't want to bother flashing ROMs on it considering i've never done it before and it'll prolly be more complicated than say... unlocking an iphone.
1) Yes.
2) No.

Flashing my Apache (PPC6700) made it work better and lastlonger. Same thing happened with my Touch Pro. Custom ROMs allow you to get the most out of your device and make it work and look exactly how you want it to.

That doesn't mean it'll have that effect on you, but it's possible.

HD2 is officially coming to Tmobile!
That dude's weather is from a city in Italy. You think TMo US has testers in Italy?
wink.gif

That's not to say I believe it isn't coming to T-Mobile US, just that the video doesn't give solid proof.

HTC and US carriers need to get together and make sure they all have it like they do the TP2. Then again, I'm not sure it makes sense to release somethinglike that in March if WM7 is coming out in September.

That was cool, but what does it give us that SPB's Mobile Shell provides without support for Android widgets/programs/apps/?

Will the HD2 (review) going to T-Mobile force you to switch carriers?
As amazing as the HD2 is, I wouldn't switch to T-Mobile for it. In fact, I'm not sure I'd switch to any carrier for it. Again, whybuy that in March if WM7 is coming out in September, a new iPhone in June, and new Android, and hopefully new WebOS, hardware around the same time?

just took back my droid and got the droid eris, definitely like the eris more
Why?

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

That dude's weather is from a city in Italy. You think TMo US has testers in Italy?
wink.gif

That's not to say I believe it isn't coming to T-Mobile US, just that the video doesn't give solid proof.
Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

HD2 is officially coming to Tmobile!
proof plz
nerd.gif
for some reason that video dont do it for me

smh.gif
frown.gif
smh.gif
if sprint dont get it
The "Stick Together" logo is a T-mobile US advert. The phone is (unofficially) confirmed for the North American Market. Far as Sprintgoes, the HD2 runs on a GSM network, so sorry not coming to Sprint.

I cant get used to the version of windows on it. for some reason i was thinking this phone would be like a G1 with android on it.
turns out i didnt do my research well enough and now knowing that android is not for this phone. if i can find some cool free apps or find a
way to make using the phones GUI/rom better i may consider keeping but right now this phone is boring me and i want to get something else.

any advice??
First u gotta hardspl the phone and flash it to a ROM that u like. As u can see they are workin on an Android port for the TP2 and u have so manydifferent ROMS to choose froom as well as apps, u have to dibble and dabble w/ em

[h4]HTC Espresso's updated Sense UI shown off on video[/h4]
By Nilay Patel posted Dec 27th 2009 12:06PM

We'd been itching for some video of the mysterious HTC Espresso's updated Sense UI ever since we saw those intriguing screenshots last week, and here we go: a leaked version of the ROM has been hacked onto a Hero and given a run-through. Overall, things seem to be slightly cleaner all around, and that new launcher bar at the bottom looks quite handy, but we're still not totally sold on those translucent app icon surrounds. CES is right around the corner (and MWC is right after that) so we're hoping to find out more soon -- check the video after the break for now.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

http://www.youtube.com/v/74MEoDVi7x8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/74MEoDVi7x8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&http://www.youtube.com/v/74MEoDVi7x8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&

Back
Top Bottom