Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

And ppl say that Apple>____ they out they minds. All this heat droppin in 2010. I'm just gon have to bite the bullet on somethin thats WM7 compatible

Anybody see a solid Sense 2.5 build on XDA yet? I want it but it's still too buggy. "Photon" is the stuff tho
I've been running Valkyrie Firestorm v5.1 w/ Manila 2.5 and WinMo 6.5.3 ( http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=569507 ) for the past few days and it is the moststable and functional rom I've used (including 2.1 roms). Videos work with no issues, Manila runs pretty smooth (no crashes to date), some great utilitiescooked into it, HIGHLY recommend it.

Opera Mobile 10 is
eek.gif
pimp.gif

at work didnt have the time to look.

was wondering about the HTC for ATT.
whats the comparisson with HTC Pure + HTC Tilt2 to the iphone 3G.

info is appreciated.

Originally Posted by AirJordanVI

Whats the app/widget clled for the time/city/weather?
htc-hero-0.jpg
that
That's the new sense 2.1.X I believe. Just about every cooked ROM has it. The Manila 2.5 has animated wallpaper. But since that's theTitanium build I would imagine it's been integrated

EDIT:

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

And ppl say that Apple>____ they out they minds. All this heat droppin in 2010. I'm just gon have to bite the bullet on somethin thats WM7 compatible

Anybody see a solid Sense 2.5 build on XDA yet? I want it but it's still too buggy. "Photon" is the stuff tho
I've been running Valkyrie Firestorm v5.1 w/ Manila 2.5 and WinMo 6.5.3 ( http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=569507 ) for the past few days and it is the most stable and functional rom I've used (including 2.1 roms). Videos work with no issues, Manila runs pretty smooth (no crashes to date), some great utilities cooked into it, HIGHLY recommend it.
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Does the Manila 2.5 work in landscape mode? I'm kinda stuck w/ NRG's ROM's haven't had any problems w/ them except the earlier Leobuilds not havin the landscape work which I get since the Leo doesn't have a hard keyboard.

Did anybody see the bounty thread for a full flash Android ROM for the Rhodium? Dudes aint playin
laugh.gif
I'd even pay $25 for a copy myself as long asupgrades were either free or like $1

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I'm having a dilemma and I need a solution fast.

I have a TP2. It's an okay phone but I think I am just bored with Windows Mobile. I've had the same interface since the Mogul.
smh.gif

I had WM 6 when it came with WM5. I had WM 6.5 when it came with 6.1. You feel me? I love the huge screen but this phone still lags from time to time or completely freezes. I don't get it. It seems perfect out the box and just turns to $#*!.

So...either I keep this phone or I chalk up $35 and cop a Hero. I've had WM for so long and moski.mobi has finally developed a FB chat app...which I love. I also love Opera Mini. Is the Hero worth the jump?
I was in a dilemma my self not to long ago between which android phone i wanted from sprint. Well for one the hero with htc sense interface is thebest imo, it comes with pinch zoom, 7 home screens, and all around very customizable phone. If you bored with windows mobile, android will be a nice refresh to what a smart phone should be. But keep in mind the hero has no physical qwerty, and you own a TP2 which i think has the BEST external qwerty keyboard fornow. so if you can't live without the keyboard check out the Samsung Moment, if your a Sprint customer. Since those were the two i was in the dilemmaabout, in the end i choose software and interface over the moments hardware superiority.

Hope i help out a bit. when it comes to the hero it lacks the hardware, but the software shines.
pimp.gif

^ you should be able to see the rom by going into start/settings/system/device info

That just gives me the ROM build or something like that. Even the boot screens don't let me know what it is. My Touch Pro would show it on one of thosescreens (black screen, red writing; NSFAN ROM).

the tera is just like the tp2 except winmo 6.5

That's like stating that the Touch Pro is just like the Touch Pro 2. Close, but not the same. The Tera has a faster processor and a smaller screen, whichalso means that it's a smaller device. Seems like a nice device, but only if neither the Touch Pro or Touch Pro 2 had ever existed and WM7 wasn'tcoming out later in the year.

Apple is the iTunes phone. For those people that prefer the iPhone over all other devices, there literally is nocompetition.

Edit: Forgot to ask, has anyone purchased and used eBay (aka cheap) spare batteries, car charger, or screen protectors? I used a cheap battery w/o aproblem in my Apache (PPC-6700), but my car charger didn't hold up very long.

[h2]Skyfire 1.5 Coming Today?[/h2]
Posted: December 9th, 2009 at 12:21 pm EST by mindfrost82

2 Comments
[table][tr][td]
sky.jpg
[/td] [td] Skyfire's Twitter account is a buzz about version 1.5 coming today. Nothing seems to be published on Skyfire.com yet, and it hasn't been pushed to phones yet, but its coming, and based on the hype, we won't be disappointed!
Enhancements in the new version include full support for high-resolution screens, a sleeker user interface that is more finger friendly, crisper text, smoother zooming, and a full-screen mode that maximizes screen real estate. Skyfire will now provide native support for the VGA and wVGA resolutions and has added Kinetic scrolling to improve smoother browsing. In addition to adding more touch capabilities, Skyfire has added a mode for touch screens that allows users to remove all UI icons and elements from the screen to enlarge visibility of the browser.

The new version will also be speedier thanks to a server upgrade and keep any text entry box visible when the virtual keyboard is used. And the latest versions of Adobe Flash 10 and Microsoft's Silverlight. 1.5 rich media technologies have been updated in the browser. Additionally, Skyfire features a customizable and high-resolution homepage, known as the "Fireplace," integrating RSS feeds, Facebook and Twitter feeds, and Gmail, into one stream.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

If the HD2 US release doesn't have the same size screen as the Euro one, I might have to look into the Bravo.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

does anyone know how to sync hotmail to my htc tp2? and also, where do i get cool apps, and should i flash it?

Have you tried the Windows Live program that comes on the device?

That HTC Trophy is my next phone (if Sprint gets it, it's eligible on my plan, WM7 isn't out, and the HD2 hasn't come to Sprint).

yeah i tried but it still doesnt work =/

Originally Posted by A Hunnid

If the HD2 US release doesn't have the same size screen as the Euro one, I might have to look into the Bravo.

I don't see them not releasing the same size screen.

I heard that T-Mobile is gonna get like 2-3 phones as exclusives.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Read the same thing throughout the interwebz. If so I'm gon be like a kid in the candy store. I know I'm gon have to upgrade my phone tobe able to run WinMo7 since these phones now aren't compatible. Just gon have to wait and see. Still waitin on that super boost in 3G speeds from TMOUS

I don't know why but this new Skyfire seems kinda buggy to me. The address bar
keeps disappearing on me and it seems slower. Maybe it's just my phone though...

[h4]Google employees given HTC-made Google Phones, January launch imminent?[/h4]
By Joshua Topolsky posted Dec 12th 2009 10:57AM

Breaking News
10-26-09htcpassion-230.jpg
TechCrunch was certain that rumors of a pending honest-to-goodness Google Phone were the real deal, and now according to the site, Google employees are already tweeting with the devices in hand. If you believe what you see on Twitter, Google drones were given the HTC-designed handsets at an all-hands staff event, and the phone is quite a looker. One tweet reads "ZOMG we had fireworks and we all got the new Google phone. It's beautiful." while another says the phone is "Like an iPhone on beautifying steroids." One other, non-Google user on Twitter who's seen the device says that the device is a bit thinner than the iPhone, has a trackball (a la Hero), and has no physical keyboard... which sounds like the Bravo / Passion we've seen a lot of lately (and we hear is coming to the US soon). Apparently the device is running Android 2.1, is unlocked and AT&T-ready (no word on 3G status, but this could line up with our speculation about this being the carrier's first Android phone), and will be due sometime in January. We're guessing if that last bit is true, it will coincide with a CES announcement, but anything could happen at this point. If the device is out in the wild in such a big way, an end of the year press release wouldn't shock us either; of course, it's entirely possible that this is going to end up becoming the Android Dev Phone 1's true successor or an elaborate prank on Google's part in response to the rumors that have been building steam over the past couple weeks (they're crafty and they have a sense of humor -- it could happen). Anyhow, check out one of the tweet-tears after the break, and stay tuned for more info!

Update: Google all but confirms that devices are floating around on campus in a post on its blog:
We recently came up with the concept of a mobile lab, which is a device that combines innovative hardware from a partner with software that runs on Android to experiment with new mobile features and capabilities, and we shared this device with Google employees across the globe. This means they get to test out a new technology and help improve it.

Not only that, but TechCrunch has more details on the device, claiming it will be a Google controlled, HTC-built model actually dubbed the "Google Phone," and will feature a "super high resolution OLED display," a Snapdragon CPU, a mic on the back of the phone that helps to eliminate background noise, is "really, really fast," and most importantly, will be sold unlocked. Essentially, TC claims that the phone will function on any GSM network you throw at it -- we assume that means an extremely rare pairing of both T-Mobile and AT&T 3G bands in the radio. Of course right now this is all speculation and hearsay -- until we get some solid facts (and maybe a device or two on camera), don't pull out the credit card just yet.

So what's with the mini-me HD2 that's supposed to drop? You think they'd release both?

So what's with the mini-me HD2 that's supposed to drop? You think they'd release both?
Idk. The only phones coming to the US so far are the HD2 and Bravo

Can u imagine what the cooks at XDA could do w/ a 1GHz processor? Possibilities are damn near endless. HTC nees to put a processor of that magnitude in theirphones now before Apple does and make it seem like they're the first to do it
laugh.gif

I can't unlock my HTC TP2 so I can put custom ROMs on there.

Those who have managed to, did you have to send an email out after the error message popped up to get the software and donate to some Paypal account?That's so weak.
tired.gif

The next iPhone will have at least a 1GHz processor if not a 1.x.
As of now the only companies that have phones out with 1GHz processors are HTC, Acer and I think maybe Sony, the X10/X3 might have one but I'm not sure.
I think the phones that we haven't since from HTCs 2010 line will have a 1GHz, at least some of them. WM7 is coming out in the second half of 2010 so itmakes sense.

I'm finally getting my TP2!!!

I went to my local Sprint store today to pick up my replacement TP1 and my ex's TP1 crapped out on her while we were waiting. After waiting for months forthe TP2 to be available for the swap, it was available for her. I was TOO SALTY. But luckily the people in the store were cool and let me take my new TP1 andthey ordered me a TP2 because they know it's rarely available. I'm too excited, lol.

Finally getting my tp2 on friday.

MisterP0315 i was checking on ppcgeeks and the unlocker is free. it cost tounlock the phone as a gsm phone. Unless i read ur post wrong

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I can't unlock my HTC TP2 so I can put custom ROMs on there.

Those who have managed to, did you have to send an email out after the error message popped up to get the software and donate to some Paypal account? That's so weak.
tired.gif

Where are you getting the unlocker from? I never heard of anyone having to pay.
What does the error message say?

I have a CDMA phone. HTC TP2 through Sprint.

It would say something about this computer already unlocking a device and told me I'd have to send an email to some place. The place usually responds andtells you to donate to some paypal and then they would unlock my phone.

This thread is huge and i'm not familiar with HTC/Droid at all, but is the ERIS for Verizon worth getting? I really like the looks of the phone compared toMoto Droid and i'm looking to get one of the two. Can anybody put me on?

Back
Top Bottom