Official HTC Thread Vol. Scribe, Thunderbolt 4G, Evo Shift 4G, Inspire 4G for AT&T

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

IS THE HTC HD2 COMING TO TMOBILE US? PLEASE ANSWER IF SO I WILL START TO SAVE MONEY NOW

It's really just a rumor as of now, nothing concrete.

Originally Posted by BattsLM

Originally Posted by chitown4eva

Originally Posted by BattsLM

Finally got upgraded with the TP2 after having 3 different TP1's.. Been playing with different software,apps,tweaks, etc since last night..

what do you (and other TP2 owners) think about it after spending some time with it? I'm very interested in the tp2 (t-mobile).
It's still too early to say.. Still trying to get the phone how I want it.. Stay tuned..
I just grabbed a TOUCH PRO 2 as well.

Originally Posted by holdenmichael

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

how do i use the gps on my tp2????
or what do i download??????
im lost help me out nt
fml
Go to m.google.com/maps on your phone to download Google Maps or here on your computer to text yourself a link. Menu > Use GPS

Go to http://m.bing.com/download/ to download a mobile version of bing. I believe it's Menu > Track me using GPS

There are other programs that use GPS too. I've got one that tracks my walk/run, but I haven't used it yet.

I feel this. the App store is cheeks. There aren't any apps worth the purchase. It's +#*%!! up tho how Apple and Android get all the apps and BB and WinMo don't or they do at a later time
smh.gif
That's the only reason I would want an Android phone is for the Apps.
The difference is that the Windows Marketplace isn't the only site to get applications for your Windows Phone. What app do the iPhone and Android OS have that you can't get on your Windows Phone?

NBA League Pass. Still tryna find a good app that shows my banks ATMs also, ud think Bing would have it

[h1]AT&T: Hello Google-Branded Android Phone, Bye iPhone![/h1]
File under: News

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 18-Nov-09 | 0 Comments

android.jpg

Rumors of a Google-branded phone that would be designed and made by Google are heating up. The Google hardware design was supposed to have been ready for the holiday shopping season, and it looks like the debut of the Google phone may be pushed back to early 2010, probably because Google's design team was busy assisting other partners.

TechCrunch is speculating that the new phone will take a no-compromise approach that is dictated by Google to create the best end user experience, much like how Apple has control over the iPhone. The rumored device is said to be made by HTC, although TechCrunch is pinning the OEM duties to LG or Samsung, with LG being the more likely candidate as Samsung's involvement in supplying parts for the iPhone may induce Apple's pressure against Samsung from a Google venture.

The likely candidate for this device? Perhaps it will be AT&T. Verizon already has the Droid as its flagship, a device that is selling well and is being warmly received by both consumers and the media. Perhaps this will be the device that fills AT&T's gap when its iPhone exclusivity period ends, making it a natural fit for Google to snab the carrier and get good terms and set a competitive environment to prove that it can out-do Apple. AT&T so far is the only carrier of the big far to not offer an Android device and the carrier has been unusually silent on that matter.

[h1]Poll: Should HTC Dump Windows Mobile for Android?[/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 18-Nov-09 | 13 Comments

htc-logo.jpg

The talk over at MobileTechWorld surrounds the debate over whether HTC should abandon its Windows Mobile roots and go with the Android operating system. Whiloe at first glance, it may make sense for HTC to jump ship--its HTC HD2 hardware is receiving praises but getting knocked at CNET and Gizmodo because it runs the Windows Mobile OS that many are critical of, the firm may cut licensing costs as Android is open source , and Android is getting hot with Google services like Google Maps for Navigation, flagship devices like the Motorola Droid comes with added value and won't be relegated to commodity status.

What do you think? Should HTC jump ship or remain loyal but open with their business strategy ? Sound off in our polls!

However, there is also the other side of the coin, and if HTC does make that jump, there will also be downsides. Some of which may include the fact that it will have to play within Google's ecosystem, which may not always be fair and may be dictated by favorites. Additionally, with rumors of a Google-branded Android phone on the horizon in 2010, HTC will need to compete with other OEMs and with Google. As the original Android OEM, it must feel a bit used if Google was just using it and others as testers in this Android experiment.

And finally, diversification in its product portfolio may lead to additional sales. Exchange 2010 and Windows Mobile are compelling products for the enterprise and Android 2.0 isn't quite business-ready yet, which would make sense for HTC to keep both OSes ready. The firm, in the future, could aim to do what Palm did with Palm OS and Windows Mobile--essentially launch both OSes on similar designs and hardware chassis, saving hardware development.

(via: MobileTechWorld--visit MobileTechWorld for their full analysis on why HTC should make the full jump to Android)

-I really do enjoy having Office Mobile on my phone, it has come in handy a lot.

[h1]Office Mobile 2010 Beta Now Available[/h1]

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 18-Nov-09 | 12 Comments

OfficeMobile2010b.gif

Office Mobile 2010 Beta is now available for free in the Windows Mobile Marketplace. You can see it here in your web browser or look for it in the Marketplace app on your Windows Phone.

The description is as follows and you may notice a few new features.
Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 brings the powerful Microsoft Office 2010 tools you use every day at work, home, or school, to the screen of your Windows phone with rich interfaces especially designed for small devices.
By installing this application, you agree that:
* This Microsoft Office Mobile 2010 Beta will be disabled on April 5th, 2010.
* Prior versions of Microsoft Office Mobile that were installed after the phone was purchased will be uninstalled. You will need to re-install that software according to the instructions of your original purchase. If Microsoft Office Mobile came pre-installed on your phone, it will not be affected.
* The WINDOWS MARKETPLACE FOR MOBILE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGREEMENT applies to your use of this beta application.

Features:
View and edit your Microsoft[emoji]174[/emoji] Office[emoji]174[/emoji] documents with confidence.
Stay connected to work from anywhere with SharePoint Workspace Mobile.
Stay connected to work from anywhere with SharePoint Workspace Mobile.
Use PowerPoint Mobile as a presentation aid.

You mind sharing the website where you can check to see what phone they will send you?
http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint? Ibelieve that's it. Just keep from submitting the claim.

tired of Windows Media..
Windows Mobile or Media? Are you referring to the whole OS or just its mobile media player? The OS as a whole is stale, but the media player isprobably as bad as it gets in 2009. I don't like the media player nor how it handles the media functions out of the box and w/o 3rd party software.

I was using Pandora on an iPhone yesterday. A nearly two year old iPhone. My Touch Pro 2 can't use Pandora. My Touch Pro can't use Pandora. My twoyear old Q9c can. That was the last time Pandora bothered to make a version of Pandora for a Windows Phone.

The version made for the iPhone (and the Pre and Android OS) is touch friendly, the hacked version I use on my Touch Pro and TP2 is not. The version made forthe iPhone allows you to browse the music that has already played and read info' about the artist in landscape mode. The hacked version for my TP and TP2does not.

I can't even turn off the screen on my TP2 to save battery life when playing music w/o downloading a third party program.

On top of that, the hacked version of Pandora doesn't play the full song (this doesn't happen to everyone)
frown.gif

[/Pandora on Windows Phone rant]

I'll live with it (Windows) 'til I get booted off my plan.

what do you (and other TP2 owners) think about it after spending some time with it? I'm very interested in the tp2 (t-mobile).
The more I use it, the more I like it and grow accustomed to its size.

IS THE HTC HD2 COMING TO TMOBILE US? PLEASE ANSWER IF SO I WILL START TO SAVE MONEY NOW
You should be saving your money regardless. There's always going to be something worth buying.

You got that cab for pandora? I was looking for it today because you can't use pandora.com even on skyfire because of some flash setting incompatible withwindows mobile so I had to go with live365.com which isn't as good.

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

[h1]AT&T: Hello Google-Branded Android Phone, Bye iPhone![/h1]

By: Chuong Nguyen | Date: 18-Nov-09 | 0 Comments

android.jpg

Rumors of a Google-branded phone that would be designed and made by Google are heating up. The Google hardware design was supposed to have been ready for the holiday shopping season, and it looks like the debut of the Google phone may be pushed back to early 2010, probably because Google's design team was busy assisting other partners.

TechCrunch is speculating that the new phone will take a no-compromise approach that is dictated by Google to create the best end user experience, much like how Apple has control over the iPhone. The rumored device is said to be made by HTC, although TechCrunch is pinning the OEM duties to LG or Samsung, with LG being the more likely candidate as Samsung's involvement in supplying parts for the iPhone may induce Apple's pressure against Samsung from a Google venture.

The likely candidate for this device? Perhaps it will be AT&T. Verizon already has the Droid as its flagship, a device that is selling well and is being warmly received by both consumers and the media. Perhaps this will be the device that fills AT&T's gap when its iPhone exclusivity period ends, making it a natural fit for Google to snab the carrier and get good terms and set a competitive environment to prove that it can out-do Apple. AT&T so far is the only carrier of the big far to not offer an Android device and the carrier has been unusually silent on that matter.

please let this happen...HTC x Android OS x AT&T =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i've been with AT&T for almost 10 years...i dont want to switch...mainly because i have u-verse as well.

- mastamind, thanks for bringin in the news
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

im lost help me out nt
fml
Go to m.google.com/maps on your phone to download Google Maps or here on your computer to text yourself a link. Menu > Use GPS

Go to http://m.bing.com/download/ to download a mobile version of bing. I believe it's Menu > Track me using GPS

There are other programs that use GPS too. I've got one that tracks my walk/run, but I haven't used it yet.

I feel this. the App store is cheeks. There aren't any apps worth the purchase. It's +#*%!! up tho how Apple and Android get all the apps and BB and WinMo don't or they do at a later time
smh.gif
The difference is that the Windows Marketplace isn't the only site to get applications for your Windows Phone. What app do the iPhone and Android OS have that you can't get on your Windows Phone?
NBA League Pass. Still tryna find a good app that shows my banks ATMs also, ud think Bing would have it

bing DOES do that... just type ur bank name in the search... theres alot of catagories besides the ones with icons

Yea kinda figured, just wish there was an app to make everything a lot more simpler
eyes.gif
. But I guess I can't complain aey

On another note. I'm nervous about my old TP2 that I sent in. I flashed it and did everything according to the reflash and relock but I'm still nervousthat they gon hit me up like "Yo, u flashed ya *@*%, warranty void, give us $500+"
nerd.gif

Purchasing a phone running WinMo OS is #FAIL in 2009. Android is the way to go. Motorola has dumped Windows, Samsung aswell.. HTC would be foolish to continueto run WinMo especially with some of their best selling phones are running Android [MyTouch, Hero]

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

You mind sharing the website where you can check to see what phone they will send you?
http://www.phoneclaim.com/sprint? I believe that's it. Just keep from submitting the claim.

tired of Windows Media..
Windows Mobile or Media? Are you referring to the whole OS or just its mobile media player? The OS as a whole is stale, but the media player is probably as bad as it gets in 2009. I don't like the media player nor how it handles the media functions out of the box and w/o 3rd party software.

I was using Pandora on an iPhone yesterday. A nearly two year old iPhone. My Touch Pro 2 can't use Pandora. My Touch Pro can't use Pandora. My two year old Q9c can. That was the last time Pandora bothered to make a version of Pandora for a Windows Phone.

The version made for the iPhone (and the Pre and Android OS) is touch friendly, the hacked version I use on my Touch Pro and TP2 is not. The version made for the iPhone allows you to browse the music that has already played and read info' about the artist in landscape mode. The hacked version for my TP and TP2 does not.

I can't even turn off the screen on my TP2 to save battery life when playing music w/o downloading a third party program.

On top of that, the hacked version of Pandora doesn't play the full song (this doesn't happen to everyone)
frown.gif

[/Pandora on Windows Phone rant]

I'll live with it (Windows) 'til I get booted off my plan.

The more I use it, the more I like it and grow accustomed to its size.

You should be saving your money regardless. There's always going to be something worth buying.

My bad, meant windows mobile .

is the HD coming to t-mobile? if so any release date news? im using a 2g iphone, deciding whether or not to upgrade to a 3g or wait for that HD.. also will itrun on winmo or the android OS?

[quotePurchasing a phone running WinMo OS is #FAIL in 2009. Android is the way to go.[/quote]

Thanks for the lack of insight.

Yea kinda figured, just wish there was an app to make everything a lot more simpler . But I guess I can't complain aey

I thought there was a "Find my ATM" app' that recently made it to the marketplace?

DatzNasty, regarding Pandora, here's what I found using Google:http://fluffyphones.com/fluffy-apps/pandora-htc-touch-pro-2-rhodium-wvga-windows-mobile-download/

I don't know if it's different from what I have or just a different name for the file. It also describes a fix for playing incomplete songs. I have yetto try it. I'll let you know how/if it works later today.

im lost help me out nt
fml

smh.gif

good lookin out fam..
i got google maps
pimp.gif

its free though...right?
also i have 6.1 is that the latest version out right now????

I thought there was a "Find my ATM" app' that recently made it to the marketplace?
I just typed it in the Marketplace search... I didn't find anything.
ohwell.gif

Tried that new opera 10 but hated it and removed it. It's a lil faster but 9.5 seems more user friendly. It still lacks flash too. I'll wait for theofficial release...

Did give that Fusion Voicemail another try though. Found the number u call to check your messages via phone instead of using Window Media Player all the timeso I'm staight.

When is Skyfire coming with a new version? My version is a lil grainy and seems outdated on this Tilt2. I only use it when I wanna watch a vid or need toaccess a site that requires flash. Hopefully we'll get one soon.

Yeah, I DL'ed that Opera 10, too. I sort of like it. It's a bit faster. If I'm planning on just browsing a few websites, then I might use it.Otherwise, I'm using something else to browse.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

cats kill me tryin to *@+$ on WM... its a good OS... we actually have useful apps... how many of u iphone or android users can do remote desktop?
Truth. Android is based off WinMo. They just have bad timin w/ releasin OSes for the phones. I still gotta set up my remote desktop too. Goodlooks on the reminder

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

I just typed it in the Marketplace search... I didn't find anything.
ohwell.gif
Yeah, I saw an ad for these "Find my" apps while searching for a Windows Marketplace .cab file, but I wasn't able to find them inthe actual marketplace so I don't know what was going on.

i got google maps
pimp.gif

its free though...right?
also i have 6.1 is that the latest version out right now????
Yes, both Google Maps and bing are free.

6.1 is the latest for the TP2 on Sprint, but you can flash a new ROM with 6.5 or 6.5.1. Find them on PPCGeeks.com or XDA-Developers.com.

I recently installed WkTASK to make switching between open applications easier. I used TaskFacade on my Touch Pro with 6.5, but I didn't like having tomap a button to launch it or its lack of efficiency.

How do you go back and forth between applications?

Where else do u get Win Mo apps from besides the Marketplace Holden?

BTW, am I the only person not able to reply to a topic on NT using Opera 9.5? I have to use Skyfire for some reason...

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

BTW, am I the only person not able to reply to a topic on NT using Opera 9.5? I have to use Skyfire for some reason...
I just use Quick Reply to reply in posts on Opera 9.5. I can't use the Add Reply option.
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom