OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

flyers really don't wanna go into the boards battling, they really are afraid of  NJ
30t6p3b.gif
.  Sad part is the officials tried to give the game to Philly but they are playing {[]} hockey. props to NJ forechecking
sick.gif
 they can't do anything.
i sound like Pierre now
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyone in NYC with Time Warner Cable not able to see the first two games in the series? Really pissed me off.

That rangers caps series has been fun to watch

I went to game 3 of the kings blues series on Thursday. The kings are lookin like the favorite in the west by far right now

A lot tighter series than I expected as well. Thought the series would go 4-2 relatively easily in favor of the NYR. Ovi deserves credit for buying into Hunter's unique defensive-minded system and earning every second of his ice time with effort. NJ/PHI has been close and entertaining also, while the WC is an after-thought.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

A lot tighter series than I expected as well. Thought the series would go 4-2 relatively easily in favor of the NYR. Ovi deserves credit for buying into Hunter's unique defensive-minded system and earning every second of his ice time with effort. NJ/PHI has been close and entertaining also, while the WC is an after-thought.

An after-thought? It's going to be funny when the Kings are hoisting the cup.

STL folded up quicker than a chair in this series. Disappointing for Hitchcock to say the least. FB, you completely misunderstood my initial post. I was commenting directly about the tightness and excitement of the EC semis as opposed to the final results of the WC semis as foregone conclusions (LA and Phoenix with little doubt). Says nothing about the WCF or SCF.

Big Wings' push for Parise/Suter?
9:12
AM ET
Detroit Red Wings
RECOMMEND1COMMENTS1EMAIL

The Detroit Red Wings might be ready to have a spending spree this offseason with about $20 million in cap space. And as the Vancouver Province's Tony Gallagher writes, "Players like Ryan Suter and Zach Parise are apt to be stoked about joining a team that already has the likes of Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg and quite likely a returning Nicklas Lidstrom, and also boasts a long tradition of winning despite this year%u2019s early exit from the playoffs."

Gallagher adds that the "Wings figure to have the inside track" on both guys, although neither player has even hinted at the possibility. However, it all seems to line up for the Wings if Parise and Suter want to join forced on a current contender.

All that said, the new CBA this summer throws everyone in a tough spot because it's unclear what the salary cap next season will be. There's some buzz it could go down, which could hurt the Wings' chance at landing both guys. In addition, Parise might be tempted to return home to Minnesota with the Wild, as many have speculated. And the Ottawa Sun's Bruce Garrioch adds, "Don

Back
Top Bottom