Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by Big J 33

It's sad that we're always going to be hearing the complaints and crying about how Lebron "gave up" and went to Miami. Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... people criticize him for not winning a title, so then he puts himself in the best position to do it then people criticize him for giving up and not being able to "do it alone". They say he's selfish and only cares about his stats/attention, so then he decides to join up with another superstar with the realization that his stats and his role on the team might be affected. Then if he stayed in Cleveland he would have gotten criticism for not getting it done alone and being too selfish to share the spotlight.

Lebron really can't win. It's only been a season so I'm not entirely shocked but at some point people have to get over this.

^All of that.

A part of me is rooting for the Heat to win it all just to see the +*%# storm it starts here and all the nonsense that will ensue.

I can see dudes pulling out the * with the quickness if they go all the way.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by bilbo07

It's sad that we're always going to be hearing the complaints and crying about how Lebron "gave up" and went to Miami. Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... people criticize him for not winning a title, so then he puts himself in the best position to do it then people criticize him for giving up and not being able to "do it alone". They say he's selfish and only cares about his stats/attention, so then he decides to join up with another superstar with the realization that his stats and his role on the team might be affected. Then if he stayed in Cleveland he would have gotten criticism for not getting it done alone and being too selfish to share the spotlight.

Lebron really can't win. It's only been a season so I'm not entirely shocked but at some point people have to get over this.
Had to login to quote this. TRUTH.
I AGREE. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

Its the sum of all his actions though.

It was HOW he went to Miami.

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.

roll.gif

Its the fact that hes a self proclaimed "chosen one" with the nickname "king james".  None of those other athletes had the ego Lebron does.

Thats where I think the problem lies.  It's not that hes playing with other great talents, its that he had to take a step back to do it and his ego is still on the top rung.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

roll.gif

Had to login to quote this. TRUTH.
I AGREE. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I never see so many new Heat fans. Where are all these dudes last year, year before that or the year Shaq and Dwade get swept in the first round by Chicago in 07 after winning the chip in 06 ?

I never see so many new Heat fans. Where are all these dudes last year, year before that or the year Shaq and Dwade get swept in the first round by Chicago in 07 after winning the chip in 06 ?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by knightngale

Why are heat fans sensitive about the hate though? do you all think everyone is going to appreciate your team?

Don't let it get to your heads. Learn from the players on your team and their thick skin.

OH
I am not a Heat fan. I am just a fan of smart decision making and fair arguments. Some of the things said in this thread are hurtful, full of hatred, illogical, and just emotional. Which is why I have been responding so much. It isn't about not being happy for the Heat. It is about people finding ways to discredit the Heat for accomplishing something that everyone was saying they wouldn't do so soon.

That is all.
Every team has haters. I don't see non laker fans defending the lakers this fervently. That's kinda sad.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Why are heat fans sensitive about the hate though? do you all think everyone is going to appreciate your team?

Don't let it get to your heads. Learn from the players on your team and their thick skin.

OH
I am not a Heat fan. I am just a fan of smart decision making and fair arguments. Some of the things said in this thread are hurtful, full of hatred, illogical, and just emotional. Which is why I have been responding so much. It isn't about not being happy for the Heat. It is about people finding ways to discredit the Heat for accomplishing something that everyone was saying they wouldn't do so soon.

That is all.
Every team has haters. I don't see non laker fans defending the lakers this fervently. That's kinda sad.

Originally Posted by DubA169

it's gonna be like shaq and kobe. bron gonna have to win without wade. that's not just me that's how the media gonna portray it i think
But the funny thing in all of that is Kobe still needed another top player to win it all again. So he never won it "by himself." Maybe without Shaq, but never by himself.

At the end of the day NOBODY does it alone. I can't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

it's gonna be like shaq and kobe. bron gonna have to win without wade. that's not just me that's how the media gonna portray it i think
But the funny thing in all of that is Kobe still needed another top player to win it all again. So he never won it "by himself." Maybe without Shaq, but never by himself.

At the end of the day NOBODY does it alone. I can't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp.

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.

Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif

I just don't get it... 
No. You don't. Those weren't manufactured teams. This one is. It takes the spirit of competition and integrity and throws it out the window.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Why don't you go root for losing teams instead of the Lakers? Grow some cajones and be a man. Root for teams like the Lakers/Yankees etc. is easy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

I agree, a lot of the hate comes from the assumed arrogance/ego of LeBron. I can agree with that. And the decision really pissed off a lot of people. The reason why this was done will always be beyond me. I can agree with everything you mentioned.

Gasol is so inferior to a prime shaq and prime Wade that it is not even funny. is that such a hard concept to grasp? You should seriously become a heat fan.

Gasol is so inferior to a prime shaq and prime Wade that it is not even funny. is that such a hard concept to grasp? You should seriously become a heat fan.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Why don't you go root for losing teams instead of the Lakers? Grow some cajones and be a man. Root for teams like the Lakers/Yankees etc. is easy
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

I agree, a lot of the hate comes from the assumed arrogance/ego of LeBron. I can agree with that. And the decision really pissed off a lot of people. The reason why this was done will always be beyond me. I can agree with everything you mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom