Official Heat vs Celtics Thread. The Wagon Lives On. Choo Choo!

Originally Posted by sthebest

Congrats to the Heat. you guys played hard and it paid off.

But lets not forget that the Bulls defense beat the Heat offense enough times to make for a season sweep. Not to mention that Lebron is hungry, but the Bulls are STARVED for a championship and will play with all of their might to finally escape from the MJ/Pippen era shadow. Also, a rookie Derrick Rose took his team to 7 games against the Celtics so they won't go down without a fight.

With that said, it should be one of the best ECF in recent history
wink.gif
remember the Celtics beat the Heat 3-1 in the regular season....we all know how that turned out in the play offs.....
tongue.gif

It's sad that we're always going to be hearing the complaints and crying about how Lebron "gave up" and went to Miami. Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... people criticize him for not winning a title, so then he puts himself in the best position to do it then people criticize him for giving up and not being able to "do it alone". They say he's selfish and only cares about his stats/attention, so then he decides to join up with another superstar with the realization that his stats and his role on the team might be affected. Then if he stayed in Cleveland he would have gotten criticism for not getting it done alone and being too selfish to share the spotlight.

Lebron really can't win. It's only been a season so I'm not entirely shocked but at some point people have to get over this.

Not a heat fan or laker fan.............. but after reading all the hate for the heat in this thread, makes me want them to win it all................... everyone talks about lebron leaving to join the heat to bad he didn't get drafted to a team that had a young shack, or played on a team with karl malone,shack,payton, or even trade nothing and for gasol

Not a heat fan or laker fan.............. but after reading all the hate for the heat in this thread, makes me want them to win it all................... everyone talks about lebron leaving to join the heat to bad he didn't get drafted to a team that had a young shack, or played on a team with karl malone,shack,payton, or even trade nothing and for gasol

It's sad that we're always going to be hearing the complaints and crying about how Lebron "gave up" and went to Miami. Then people bring up Magic and Michael... "would they ever join another superstar's team?" Except Magic played with Kareem and James Worthy
roll.gif
Michael Jordan had Scottie Pippen... Kobe Bryant had a prime Shaq then Gasol... LBJ had Mo Williams and an ancient Jamison.

I just don't get it... people criticize him for not winning a title, so then he puts himself in the best position to do it then people criticize him for giving up and not being able to "do it alone". They say he's selfish and only cares about his stats/attention, so then he decides to join up with another superstar with the realization that his stats and his role on the team might be affected. Then if he stayed in Cleveland he would have gotten criticism for not getting it done alone and being too selfish to share the spotlight.

Lebron really can't win. It's only been a season so I'm not entirely shocked but at some point people have to get over this.

Originally Posted by sthebest

Congrats to the Heat. you guys played hard and it paid off.

But lets not forget that the Bulls defense beat the Heat offense enough times to make for a season sweep. Not to mention that Lebron is hungry, but the Bulls are STARVED for a championship and will play with all of their might to finally escape from the MJ/Pippen era shadow. Also, a rookie Derrick Rose took his team to 7 games against the Celtics so they won't go down without a fight.

With that said, it should be one of the best ECF in recent history
wink.gif
remember the Celtics beat the Heat 3-1 in the regular season....we all know how that turned out in the play offs.....
tongue.gif

Why are heat fans sensitive about the hate though? do you all think everyone is going to appreciate your team?

Don't let it get to your heads. Learn from the players on your team and their thick skin.

OH

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by acidicality

Ummm....not really. When the playoffs started some people thought they'd have a chance but they were hardly favorites, and during the season with so much stuff going on (from the crying, not being able to win close games), people thought they made a big mistake at first. If they don't win, it won't be as big a failure as when the Lakers lost to the Mavs.

However, if they can't win one in the next five years, I would agree.
Honestly though, who is left that they won't be favored against. If they lose to the one man band in CHI, or anyone in left in the West, they will be killed by the media, and justfully so. Everything has lined up for them. The only squad that they wouldn't have been favored against was LA and they are gone. They dispatched their supposed nemesis in Boston so everything should be gravy. No veteran squads left except Dallas that the excuse of "they just got together" can be used upon.

It will be a HUGE failure if they don't finish this.

Naw, I think 2 time defending champions getting swept in the 2nd round is worse.
Wrong, it's be done before, maybe not back to back champs, but defending champs have been swept before.

And Allen, I know it would be a failure, but if they would have lost to a veteran team like LA, SA, or even Boston it would have been backlash cause of the fiasco before the season started, but now with the teams and players left in the playoffs, it's going to be like the hammer of Thor coming down if they don't win now.

Why are heat fans sensitive about the hate though? do you all think everyone is going to appreciate your team?

Don't let it get to your heads. Learn from the players on your team and their thick skin.

OH

Originally Posted by knightngale

Lebron and Wade drag their feet ALL THE TIME. COME ON NOW. Big Baby had a HUGE 3 point play taken away cause of a phantom travel. Green was fouled when he drove to the line near the end but touch fouls
are only called against Wade. I am not even hating on Lebron here. He went to the line legitimately all game. Wade was getting bailed out on a lot of calls.

The point is not calls not being awarded for the celtics but the ones being awarded for the Heat. If those calls on Howard were fouls then so should have been those missed calls on Davis in game 2 when dude dude got butchered on like 3 drives in a row
roll.gif

You heat fans are gonna be extremely salty when Rose goes to the line 10 times a game.
They always drag their feet and it's not called....but does calling in when it does happen mean that it isn't a travel? Oh.

Ok, so you cite to example. One, is probably a legit gripe w/ Big Baby. Jeff Green? Not so much. Wade gets calls and has been getting those calls for the last 5 years. So to +!@$@ and moan about it now, is moot. If Pierce attacked the basket as much as Wade did, he'd get those calls as well. There are going to be missed calls on both sides all game.

Doubt that heat fans will be mad @ Pooh going to the line 10 times a game, when he always does that....due to the fact that he attacks so much.
ohwell.gif

Lebron and Wade drag their feet ALL THE TIME. COME ON NOW. Big Baby had a HUGE 3 point play taken away cause of a phantom travel. Green was fouled when he drove to the line near the end but touch fouls
are only called against Wade. I am not even hating on Lebron here. He went to the line legitimately all game. Wade was getting bailed out on a lot of calls.

The point is not calls not being awarded for the celtics but the ones being awarded for the Heat. If those calls on Howard were fouls then so should have been those missed calls on Davis in game 2 when dude dude got butchered on like 3 drives in a row
roll.gif

You heat fans are gonna be extremely salty when Rose goes to the line 10 times a game.
They always drag their feet and it's not called....but does calling in when it does happen mean that it isn't a travel? Oh.

Ok, so you cite to example. One, is probably a legit gripe w/ Big Baby. Jeff Green? Not so much. Wade gets calls and has been getting those calls for the last 5 years. So to +!@$@ and moan about it now, is moot. If Pierce attacked the basket as much as Wade did, he'd get those calls as well. There are going to be missed calls on both sides all game.

Doubt that heat fans will be mad @ Pooh going to the line 10 times a game, when he always does that....due to the fact that he attacks so much.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by acidicality

Ummm....not really. When the playoffs started some people thought they'd have a chance but they were hardly favorites, and during the season with so much stuff going on (from the crying, not being able to win close games), people thought they made a big mistake at first. If they don't win, it won't be as big a failure as when the Lakers lost to the Mavs.

However, if they can't win one in the next five years, I would agree.
Honestly though, who is left that they won't be favored against. If they lose to the one man band in CHI, or anyone in left in the West, they will be killed by the media, and justfully so. Everything has lined up for them. The only squad that they wouldn't have been favored against was LA and they are gone. They dispatched their supposed nemesis in Boston so everything should be gravy. No veteran squads left except Dallas that the excuse of "they just got together" can be used upon.

It will be a HUGE failure if they don't finish this.

Naw, I think 2 time defending champions getting swept in the 2nd round is worse.
Wrong, it's be done before, maybe not back to back champs, but defending champs have been swept before.

And Allen, I know it would be a failure, but if they would have lost to a veteran team like LA, SA, or even Boston it would have been backlash cause of the fiasco before the season started, but now with the teams and players left in the playoffs, it's going to be like the hammer of Thor coming down if they don't win now.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

When was it not going to be a huge failure if they didn't win, though? I don't think anything is changed. All the chips were in starting on July 8th or whatever date it was.

Agreed.

Nothing short of a title this season would be a major dissapointment.

LeBron said that himself.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

When was it not going to be a huge failure if they didn't win, though? I don't think anything is changed. All the chips were in starting on July 8th or whatever date it was.

Agreed.

Nothing short of a title this season would be a major dissapointment.

LeBron said that himself.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

roll.gif

Well said. Like I said, at this point people are speaking off of pure emotion so nothing they are saying should be taken seriously.

Good write up though.

roll.gif

Well said. Like I said, at this point people are speaking off of pure emotion so nothing they are saying should be taken seriously.

Good write up though.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Durden7

Dudes celebrtaing a 2nd round series win like they just won the title.  
laugh.gif

Figures.

Why are y'all surprised though? They had a party just because they were on the same team in the first place...
laugh.gif

Thats why I said figures. 
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Had to login to quote this. TRUTH.

roll.gif

Had to login to quote this. TRUTH.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by Durden7

Dudes celebrtaing a 2nd round series win like they just won the title.  
laugh.gif

Figures.

Why are y'all surprised though? They had a party just because they were on the same team in the first place...
laugh.gif

Thats why I said figures. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

It's funny all the people nitpicking in here are the usual Faker fans, Kobe slobbers and Heat Haters trying to do whatever they can do discredit this...Get used to this, cause once that title goes to South Beach, which it is, it ain't leaving anytime soon.

This is the truth.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

OH
I am not a Heat fan. I am just a fan of smart decision making and fair arguments. Some of the things said in this thread are hurtful, full of hatred, illogical, and just emotional. Which is why I have been responding so much. It isn't about not being happy for the Heat. It is about people finding ways to discredit the Heat for accomplishing something that everyone was saying they wouldn't do so soon.

That is all.

OH
I am not a Heat fan. I am just a fan of smart decision making and fair arguments. Some of the things said in this thread are hurtful, full of hatred, illogical, and just emotional. Which is why I have been responding so much. It isn't about not being happy for the Heat. It is about people finding ways to discredit the Heat for accomplishing something that everyone was saying they wouldn't do so soon.

That is all.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

It's funny all the people nitpicking in here are the usual Faker fans, Kobe slobbers and Heat Haters trying to do whatever they can do discredit this...Get used to this, cause once that title goes to South Beach, which it is, it ain't leaving anytime soon.

This is the truth.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif

^All of that.

A part of me is rooting for the Heat to win it all just to see the +*%# storm it starts here and all the nonsense that will ensue.

I can see dudes pulling out the * with the quickness if they go all the way.
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom