**Official HEAT (VS) CELTICS GAME THREAD ABC SUNDAY 1:00pm/est**

Pierce had 2 more turnovers than points
eek.gif

DubA169 wrote:
why in the world should the knicks beat the 2 time defending champions?

that knicks team with a terrible record beat yall last time we met

btw 1-6 vs the top 5 teams in the NBA. stomping out the crappy teams in the league won't win a ring let alone 7

is that a serious Q?

we still own you guys .. both times we beat u guys was by double digits and we still had a look @ the end of the third game
grin.gif
 smh

1-6 is something we gotta improve but 2-1 versus orlando we beat L.A lost to chicago by one without bron and bosh out with injury in the 4th
and unlike y'all aren't we suppose to stomp the crappy teams?

DubA169 wrote:
why in the world should the knicks beat the 2 time defending champions?

that knicks team with a terrible record beat yall last time we met

btw 1-6 vs the top 5 teams in the NBA. stomping out the crappy teams in the league won't win a ring let alone 7

is that a serious Q?

we still own you guys .. both times we beat u guys was by double digits and we still had a look @ the end of the third game
grin.gif
 smh

1-6 is something we gotta improve but 2-1 versus orlando we beat L.A lost to chicago by one without bron and bosh out with injury in the 4th
and unlike y'all aren't we suppose to stomp the crappy teams?

Originally Posted by JD617

For the record, I'm still terrified of a playoff series against Miami.
you shouldn't be. as much as i hate your team, you guys are the most complete team with great chemistry than anyone in the league. yes over us too. 

you shouldn't be. as much as i hate your team, you guys are the most complete team with great chemistry than anyone in the league. yes over us too. 

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

pimp.gif

Word, not scared of Miami at all to be honest. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

pimp.gif

Word, not scared of Miami at all to be honest. 
laugh.gif

I didn't watch the game, but what does a win here do for Miami?

Give confidence to the most arrogant team we've seen in years? I dont think those guys will ever run low on self-belief.

Prove to skeptics that they can do this in the playoffs? No, it definitely wouldn't do that.

I thought This was established the past 2 years. LeBron's season is defined with the playoffs starting in Round 2. That's where he's at now and that's where the Big 3 have placed themselves. The same way it is for the Lakers or Celtics. It can't be used as an excuse for them as others, and I expected them to be better at this point..but at the same time.. if they win today, who gives a damn? nobody cares unless they see it in the post-season. It differs from the fact the Lakers are defending champs in playing down the regular season but at the same time, no regular season accolades do a thing for Miami. Individually, those guys have accomplished all the regular season crap possible.

LeBron can't beat Boston because he's 0-3. Well, when he was 6-5 the past 3 years in the regular season, what'd that mean? Obviously, Not a thing. We'll see what happens in May/June.

Give confidence to the most arrogant team we've seen in years? I dont think those guys will ever run low on self-belief.

Prove to skeptics that they can do this in the playoffs? No, it definitely wouldn't do that.

I thought This was established the past 2 years. LeBron's season is defined with the playoffs starting in Round 2. That's where he's at now and that's where the Big 3 have placed themselves. The same way it is for the Lakers or Celtics. It can't be used as an excuse for them as others, and I expected them to be better at this point..but at the same time.. if they win today, who gives a damn? nobody cares unless they see it in the post-season. It differs from the fact the Lakers are defending champs in playing down the regular season but at the same time, no regular season accolades do a thing for Miami. Individually, those guys have accomplished all the regular season crap possible.

LeBron can't beat Boston because he's 0-3. Well, when he was 6-5 the past 3 years in the regular season, what'd that mean? Obviously, Not a thing. We'll see what happens in May/June.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Uhhh...Right. So had Miami of won nobody would of gave a damn? I'm sure LebronSPN would of.

Uhhh...Right. So had Miami of won nobody would of gave a damn? I'm sure LebronSPN would of.

I dont care what any hype machines create.

Outside of their own fans, nobody who thinks that Miami's season is defined by a championship (which most believe, it is) would have cared.

I dont care what any hype machines create.

Outside of their own fans, nobody who thinks that Miami's season is defined by a championship (which most believe, it is) would have cared.

[table][tr][td]Starters[/td][td]FG[/td][td]TO[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wade[/td][td]6-17[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][/table]

33eihb9.gif

(Yes I'm gonna keep beating that joke into the ground until he has a good game against the Celtics.)
roll.gif

[table][tr][td]Starters[/td][td]FG[/td][td]TO[/td][/tr][tr][td]Wade[/td][td]6-17[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][/table]

33eihb9.gif

(Yes I'm gonna keep beating that joke into the ground until he has a good game against the Celtics.)
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

And to the Kobe stans/LeBron haters, you can post pictures of Kobe with trophies and whatnot, but that gif of Kobe wiggling LeBron is invalid until he does something about this:

2343454.png

It's obvious who of the two plays with the other like a marionette.
xtalebronstan to the rescue
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

And to the Kobe stans/LeBron haters, you can post pictures of Kobe with trophies and whatnot, but that gif of Kobe wiggling LeBron is invalid until he does something about this:

2343454.png

It's obvious who of the two plays with the other like a marionette.
xtalebronstan to the rescue
laugh.gif

Comparing Boston/Miami to Detroit/Chicago of the late 80s/early 90s is a reach.

Never during that time period was it even remotely questionable if Jordan was better than Pip, vice versa... and no one was giving Horace Grant max money to be part of their "big 3".

Jordan had role players, one of which who developed into one of the best SF's to ever play the game. But that happened naturally. Chicago didn't trade away half the roster to draft Pippen 1st overall out of Central Arkansas or gut the roster and fill the empty spots with ring chasing veterans playing for the minimum.

Miami's front office did everything they could to build Team Superfriends and they still can't beat the 1995-97 Rookie/Sophomore/Junior team.

Like someone already said. The mismatches at 1 and 5 are as wide as the grand canyon and Boston's got a much deeper bench.

Never during that time period was it even remotely questionable if Jordan was better than Pip, vice versa... and no one was giving Horace Grant max money to be part of their "big 3".

Jordan had role players, one of which who developed into one of the best SF's to ever play the game. But that happened naturally. Chicago didn't trade away half the roster to draft Pippen 1st overall out of Central Arkansas or gut the roster and fill the empty spots with ring chasing veterans playing for the minimum.

Miami's front office did everything they could to build Team Superfriends and they still can't beat the 1995-97 Rookie/Sophomore/Junior team.

Like someone already said. The mismatches at 1 and 5 are as wide as the grand canyon and Boston's got a much deeper bench.

Originally Posted by doyung9

beyond that there is no time for a nice story of an upward climb/battle through a team. Miami has to beat them and do so in Year 1.

beyond that there is no time for a nice story of an upward climb/battle through a team. Miami has to beat them and do so in Year 1.

Basically. Cleveland/Boston (had LeBron stayed) was a much more fair Chicago/Detroit comparison.

Basically. Cleveland/Boston (had LeBron stayed) was a much more fair Chicago/Detroit comparison.

Back
Top Bottom