OFFICIAL Green Bay Packers @ Philadelphia Eagles Game Thread 4:15 9/12

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

The debut of a new Eagles era. I'm very excited to watch this young Eagles team this year but am expecting some growing pains. This should be a good game though, hopefully the home crowd can help us get that W.

This.... and heading from VA up to Philly for the game tomorrow
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

The debut of a new Eagles era. I'm very excited to watch this young Eagles team this year but am expecting some growing pains. This should be a good game though, hopefully the home crowd can help us get that W.

This.... and heading from VA up to Philly for the game tomorrow
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Packers should win this game although if the Eagles are smart they might want to test that secondary with Al Harris and Bigby out

Packers should win this game although if the Eagles are smart they might want to test that secondary with Al Harris and Bigby out

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I hope they do try to test Burnett so we can see what hes really about... I think hes gonna be a pretty good SS in this league and it really would not surprise me at all if he came away with an INT tomorrow.

Tramon, Wood, Collins, Burnett ALL have great ball skills... I don't know if theres a better 4 players in any teams secondary that are better in terms of ball skills... Weather they can stay with Jackson and Maclin is a different story.

I hope they do try to test Burnett so we can see what hes really about... I think hes gonna be a pretty good SS in this league and it really would not surprise me at all if he came away with an INT tomorrow.

Tramon, Wood, Collins, Burnett ALL have great ball skills... I don't know if theres a better 4 players in any teams secondary that are better in terms of ball skills... Weather they can stay with Jackson and Maclin is a different story.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

right, Bigby getting hurt might be a mini blessing football wise, never wish injury on someone though.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

right, Bigby getting hurt might be a mini blessing football wise, never wish injury on someone though.

One thing I dont want to see is Burnett 1v1 in the open field with McCoy, Maclin or Jackson tomorrow... He doesn't have the tackling skills right now to come away with a stop vs guys like that yet

One thing I dont want to see is Burnett 1v1 in the open field with McCoy, Maclin or Jackson tomorrow... He doesn't have the tackling skills right now to come away with a stop vs guys like that yet

going to be interesting to see that fast Eagles D try and stop my boy Rodgers...and all his weapons...

*here's to Finley having a monster game*

going to be interesting to see that fast Eagles D try and stop my boy Rodgers...and all his weapons...

*here's to Finley having a monster game*

I am really excited to see this new team play!

I am really excited to see this new team play!

» NFC Final Word: East | West | North | South » AFC: East | West | North | South

Five nuggets of knowledge about Week 1:

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Elaine ThompsonPackers quarterback Aaron Rodgers thrives against pressure defenses like Philadelphia's.
1. With national discussion centering so squarely on the Green Bay Packers' postseason chances, we've probably failed to address adequately their far-from-a-gimmee regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles. The Packers have opened on the road only four times in the past 25 years, and their recent history in Philadelphia hasn't been great. In fact, the Packers have lost nine consecutive games there. But that type of history is irrelevant to this game. In reality, the Eagles are a team in flux as they transition from Donovan McNabb to Kevin Kolb at quarterback. And as we discussed earlier this week, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is equipped to nullify the Eagles' pressure defense. We should always account for the inevitable surprises of Week 1, but the fact remains that the Packers will have the better team at kickoff.

2. The Packers should find out whether their pass defense made any progress this offseason. They have made some personnel moves, among them moving B.J. Raji to nose tackle, inserting rookie safety Morgan Burnett into the starting lineup and shifting Pro Bowl linebacker Clay Matthews to the other side of the line of scrimmage. But depth at cornerback remains an issue with Al Harris (knee) and Brandon Underwood (shoulder) sidelined by injury. Rookie Sam Shields could be the Packers' nickel back against an offense that attempted the fourth-most pass attempts of 15 yards or longer last season, according to research by ESPN's Stats & Information. With or without McNabb, the Eagles will try pushing the ball downfield. We'll find out if the Packers can handle it.

» NFC Final Word: East | West | North | South » AFC: East | West | North | South

Five nuggets of knowledge about Week 1:

[+] Enlarge
AP Photo/Elaine ThompsonPackers quarterback Aaron Rodgers thrives against pressure defenses like Philadelphia's.
1. With national discussion centering so squarely on the Green Bay Packers' postseason chances, we've probably failed to address adequately their far-from-a-gimmee regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles. The Packers have opened on the road only four times in the past 25 years, and their recent history in Philadelphia hasn't been great. In fact, the Packers have lost nine consecutive games there. But that type of history is irrelevant to this game. In reality, the Eagles are a team in flux as they transition from Donovan McNabb to Kevin Kolb at quarterback. And as we discussed earlier this week, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers is equipped to nullify the Eagles' pressure defense. We should always account for the inevitable surprises of Week 1, but the fact remains that the Packers will have the better team at kickoff.

2. The Packers should find out whether their pass defense made any progress this offseason. They have made some personnel moves, among them moving B.J. Raji to nose tackle, inserting rookie safety Morgan Burnett into the starting lineup and shifting Pro Bowl linebacker Clay Matthews to the other side of the line of scrimmage. But depth at cornerback remains an issue with Al Harris (knee) and Brandon Underwood (shoulder) sidelined by injury. Rookie Sam Shields could be the Packers' nickel back against an offense that attempted the fourth-most pass attempts of 15 yards or longer last season, according to research by ESPN's Stats & Information. With or without McNabb, the Eagles will try pushing the ball downfield. We'll find out if the Packers can handle it.

Back
Top Bottom