OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still can’t bring myself to start season 8 on my rewatch. There’s just too much hurt in my heart. I thought that time would have healed these wounds but the pain is still there.

baby steps though. Maybe if I start the 1st episode of season 8, I can fight through
E6C81BF2-D77A-4165-BD4C-5E85BA6D5DC6.gif

Last edited:
She saw her self as the legitimate heir to winterfell as well since Jon was a bastard

like Zik said, dirt and hardship. plus greys

again Dance of Dragons is actually a really cool story. what sucks is not going to the beginning of how it all started. I pray there are flashbacks at least, because iirc correctly Balerion the Black Dredd had died before the actual Dance of Dragons.

how far back do you want them to go though. They're starting off in the middle of Viserys reign so we probably wont get to the actual dance until like season 2 or 3 im guessing. Dont things start to pop off with his marriage to Alicent?

My personal opinion is either GRRM has completely lost his train of thought and doesn't know how to tie everything up. Or his ending was similar or just like the show ending and is to scared to finish it because of the reaction the show got.
Either way I don't think there's any way fans won't be disappointed in the book ending. It's been so long that people have dissect every single piece of the material to figure out how this will end. There are going to people let down that they waited over a decade to confirm the ending they predicted or annoyed that the theory they held onto for so long is wrong. :lol:

I think the majority of fans would be ok with the book ending if it makes sense and isn’t stupid.

I really wonder how often he is editing because his release for book 6 has been pushed back for years now. Then there’s a book 7 that needs to get released after. It would be great if he surprised us and said book 6 and 7 would be released in the same year or a year apart. The world he created is so detailed and expansive and great but he overwhelmed himself. I read there were supposed to only be 3 books, then 5, and now 7.

My personal opinion is either GRRM has completely lost his train of thought and doesn't know how to tie everything up. Or his ending was similar or just like the show ending and is to scared to finish it because of the reaction the show got.
Either way I don't think there's any way fans won't be disappointed in the book ending. It's been so long that people have dissect every single piece of the material to figure out how this will end. There are going to people let down that they waited over a decade to confirm the ending they predicted or annoyed that the theory they held onto for so long is wrong. :lol:
I doubt he's ran out of ideas. Especially given he's working on other stuff instead of finishing the books. He may have some sort of writer's block with this story but I doubt it has anything to do with the path the show took with characters and its ending.

If it was the same, then the whole time part of the promo for the show would've been GRRM told the show creators how the story ended.

I do agree about the rabid fans dissecting everything though. No matter what he comes up with when it comes to great long running stories fans eventually turn on it and the creator. (I see it happening with One Piece).

Last edited:
Show would have gone down as the legitimate GOAT had he kept up with the books.
or if they just stuck with more of the source material after season 2....
I think the majority of fans would be ok with the book ending if it makes sense and isn’t stupid.

I really wonder how often he is editing because his release for book 6 has been pushed back for years now. Then there’s a book 7 that needs to get released after. It would be great if he surprised us and said book 6 and 7 would be released in the same year or a year apart. The world he created is so detailed and expansive and great but he overwhelmed himself. I read there were supposed to only be 3 books, then 5, and now 7.
i still think 6 is finished. but like 4/5 he needs 7 to bounce off 6s idea.

I doubt he's ran out of ideas. Especially given he's working on other stuff instead of finishing the books. He may have some sort of writer's block with this story but I doubt it has anything with the path the show took with characters and its ending.

If it was the same, then the whole time part of the promo for the show would've been GRRM told the show creators how the story ended.

I do agree about the rabid fans dissecting everything though. No matter what he comes up with when it comes to great long running stories fans eventually turn on it and the creator. I see it happening with One Piece).
not after that last op chapter things just took another turn for the story after this arc

Easy solution on how to finish the book: Just do the opposite of the show ending. Give fans what they wanted not that garbage with the Jon Snow. Easy.

Easy solution on how to finish the book: Just do the opposite of the show ending. Give fans what they wanted not that garbage with the Jon Snow. Easy.
well which fans.?
because show only fans, and book/show fans have different things they want to see come to light at this point.
that may be his dilemna.
I know there's a ton of show only fans who ran out and started reading the books, but im willing to bet that wasn't the majority who stuck to show only

well which fans.?
because show only fans, and book/show fans have different things they want to see come to light at this point.
that may be his dilemna.
I know there's a ton of show only fans who ran out and started reading the books, but im willing to bet that wasn't the majority who stuck to show only

I agree. I mean I read the books just as the first season was going on so I got to read the 5 books that summer. But the show fell off after season 3 and 4 because of the deviation from the books in my opinion. Martin can’t change the core of the books which will need to tie to the last few seasons. However some of the side stories or how it gets to the certain points or conflict and decision making, that can slightly change for the better maybe.

I agree. I mean I read the books just as the first season was going on so I got to read the 5 books that summer. But the show fell off after season 3 and 4 because of the deviation from the books in my opinion. Martin can’t change the core of the books which will need to tie to the last few seasons. However some of the side stories or how it gets to the certain points or conflict and decision making, that can slightly change for the better maybe.
iirc correctly the only thing he said he was going to add was an Osha (wildling) POV because she was so popular in the show.
the way things are in the book as of right now, there's not really a way to go the shows direction mainly because you still have to deal with
Aegon Targareyon, the boy Tyrion is with. so that automaically changes Tyrions story right there.. You still have to deal with stannis, there isn't room for Ramsey to kill his father in the book. Sansa never married Ramsay so how does that shake out since book ramsey married fake Arya not fake Sansa. still gotta deal with the Martells. also the greyjoy who claims the red priestess. we also dont know nearly as much about the white walkers in the book. and the night king was only mentioned once and that was in an old tale

There's just no way to give the show ending in the books (which im happy about)

Osha was popular in the show? That’s news to me. I thought she was an annoying throw away character like the Reeds. I remember when all them got clapped I was like
A944C9BC-FE8E-496D-9E98-7622C0E5953C.gif

One thing I also just remembered is lady stone heart and how’s that’s in the books but not in the show. Tying that in will be quite interesting.

YOOOOOOO!

I'm reading and watching like I know exactly what scene this is and what they're suppose to be talking about but I read Bran trying to think when they ever talked about a Bran and then I read "wargs in to a tree" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

100% on point! That's exactly what they did.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom