OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Joffrey the man doe 
pimp.gif

:pimp: for a dude who threatened and vowed to rape a chick on her wedding day? wow

stannis named rob stark, Joffrey, and who else?

and does that mean they're gonna suffer the same fate as renly?! :nerd: ::nerd:

also why does melisandre need to sacrifice gendry and not just take his blood? and why does that need to happen at all if stannis can just impregnate her again? or can that not happen again?

she wasn't going to kill him last night.  it was all semantics. she was speaking in metaphors but never said "i'm going to murder gendry" that was what stannis surmised and confirmed to daavos.  but melisandre never said that.  she just said "i need his/your blood" on separate occasions and that there would be a figurative "sheep and blade".

Never "I'm going to literally stab the **** out of robert's bastard son until he dies."

She might ultimately want to, but that wasn't what was up last night. at least not as soon as stannis walked in.

How necessary is it to smash the dude for her too get his blood? I understand she didn't want hi, to be nervous so his blood was good but did she need to get the pipe? Stannis didn't look too happy when he saw her naked. Does he know that actual sex was involved?
I think she needed the blood to be hot word to her killing lambs analogy. Didn't want him scared right away, needed to trick him in to getting it pumping.

and does that mean they're gonna suffer the same fate as renly?! :nerd: ::nerd:

also why does melisandre need to sacrifice gendry and not just take his blood? and why does that need to happen at all if stannis can just impregnate her again? or can that not happen again?

she wasn't going to kill him last night.  it was all semantics. she was speaking in metaphors but never said "i'm going to murder gendry" that was what stannis surmised and confirmed to daavos.  but melisandre never said that.  she just said "i need his/your blood" on separate occasions and that there would be a figurative "sheep and blade".

Never "I'm going to literally stab the **** out of robert's bastard son until he dies."

She might ultimately want to, but that wasn't what was up last night. at least not as soon as stannis walked in.

How necessary is it to smash the dude for her too get his blood? I understand she didn't want hi, to be nervous so his blood was good but did she need to get the pipe? Stannis didn't look too happy when he saw her naked. Does he know that actual sex was involved?
I think she needed the blood to be hot word to her killing lambs analogy. Didn't want him scared right away, needed to trick him in to getting it pumping.

Did yall not see she seduced him to get it up and placed a leech on his penis to receive blood from there

Everyone back then was team #uncircumsized

Don't see the need to lose the hood now

and does that mean they're gonna suffer the same fate as renly?!
nerd.gif
:
nerd.gif

i know about the metaphors she was saying, but wasn't it her that said she was going to sacrifice him? or was it stannis? and why didn't she just get gendry to impregnate her? does it not work that way, or was stannis just not having that?
laugh.gif

and yes, the daenerys bathtub scene was
smokin.gif
pimp.gif
. when she was talking with the second sons' captains was also a great scene. dat missandei mass.
pimp.gif
I thought they made it pretty clear when Stannis was talking to Davos in the dungeons that she planned on sacrificing Gendry.
Stannis asked her what she planned to do with Gendry and she said "you know exactly what I'm going to do".

Stannis asked why go through cleaning him up etc and she talked about sheep and blades.

Stannis then told Davos that a sacrifice was needed and would be made.  Davos is the one that surmised he meant killing Gendry and Stannis confirmed it.

But Melisandre never explicitly said "I'm going to take Gendry's life." She just said she wanted his blood and so she took it and sacrificed it. 

Again, that doesn't mean she doesn't want to kill him or that she isn't planning to eventually, but in last night's episode that wasn't what she was after.

Melisandre is one of the realest characters we've seen so far in that she doesn't lie and deceive.  She does exactly what she says she will.  Even if it's unclear what she means when she says it.

Last edited:
^
Since he has the ability to change his face maybe we've seen him already :wow:. Mind blown. Just joking. He was a cool character though. The place he's from is really interesting.

I mean...

Yes and no.

I think the dialogue was meant to be intentionally ambiguous.  I think she spoke in riddles on purpose and we were meant to decipher her implied intent (one way or the other) ourselves as viewers.

And then Stannis was shown interpreting what she said in his own way.

But then with the leeches and fire it became clear what she REALLY had planned for Gendry that night.  She wasn't planning on killing him right then.

I'm not sure if that means that she isn't planning to literally murder him in a later episode though (thereby changing the meaning of her words) but as it stands, when she said "I want his blood" "sacrifice" "lamb/blade" etc. she literally meant they needed his blood to sacrifice to fire, and the whole lamb and blade metaphor is what made people think that meant that Gendry would be dead afterwards.

I type a lot.  did I basically just say "yes, we are in agreement"?
laugh.gif

Melisandre is one of the realest characters we've seen so far in that she doesn't lie and deceive.
Did we watch the same episode?
Tell that to Gendry lol

Also the blood in the fire was just to prove the power of his blood to Davos, she said that as he and Stannis walked in. She wanted/wants to kill Gendry, but Davos was against it, and the sample of the blood was to prove its power.

Last edited:
Melisandre is one of the realest characters we've seen so far in that she doesn't lie and deceive.
Did we watch the same episode?
Tell that to Gendry lol

Also the blood in the fire was just to prove the power of his blood to Davos, she said that as he and Stannis walked in. She wanted/wants to kill Gendry, but Davos was against it, and the sample of the blood was to prove its power.
laugh.gif
  How did she lie/deceive Gendry though?  She didn't do anything she said she wouldn't and he got the yambs, if only briefly.

And did she say that was the only reason she threw the leeches in the fire?  I might have missed it.   doesn't mean she intended to kill him right there that night though. or she could have.

I mean...

Yes and no.

I think the dialogue was meant to be intentionally ambiguous.  I think she spoke in riddles on purpose and we were meant to decipher her implied intent (one way or the other) ourselves as viewers.

And then Stannis was shown interpreting what she said in his own way.

But then with the leeches and fire it became clear what she REALLY had planned for Gendry that night.  She wasn't planning on killing him right then.

I'm not sure if that means that she isn't planning to literally murder him in a later episode though (thereby changing the meaning of her words) but as it stands, when she said "I want his blood" "sacrifice" "lamb/blade" etc. she literally meant they needed his blood to sacrifice to fire, and the whole lamb and blade metaphor is what made people think that meant that Gendry would be dead afterwards.

I type a lot.  did I basically just say "yes, we are in agreement"? :lol:

:lol: pretty much. It's all good though, just means you're as passionate as I am about the series :pimp:

This two week break is going to be murder :smh:

:lol:   How did she lie/deceive Gendry though?  She didn't do anything she said she wouldn't and he got the yambs, if only briefly.

And did she say that was the only reason she threw the leeches in the fire?  I might have missed it.  doesn't mean she intended to kill him right there that night though. or she could have.
She deceived Gendry... put yourself in his shoes, pure DECEPTION. Partial yambs/blue balls w/e ****. The whole conversation about not letting the sheep see the knife was about deceiving them into trusting you so you could slit their throat at the last second. I will agree she doesn't lie/deceive Stannis, but that makes sense since she believe him to be the son of light reborn.

Didn't say that was only reason, but she said "You can blame Davos for this", wasn't sure if she was talking to Gendry or Stannis tbh. I didn't mean that as being the reason for her throwing the leeches in the fire specifically. More so if she was planning to kill Gendry originally, that was why she choose not to then.

Its hard to tell because we don't see everything happening, I'm not sure what happened between the prison scene and the sex scene. Did Stannis talk to Meliandre since talking to Davos? did Davos talk to her? Did they both talk to her? Did Meliandre see in a fire and just know that they were uneasy about sacrificing Gendry? If we knew the chain of events we might have better understanding of what happened. Whether that was the plan all along, or if it was now the new plan, or if it was just a demonstration before going through the actual sacrifice.

Last edited:
King Joffrey referring to himself as a Lannister doe? 
He is though. Even though he thinks he is half Baratheon and half Lannister, he'd still consider's himself as a Lannister(even though he doesn't know he is 100%).

Last edited:
King Joffrey referring to himself as a Lannister doe? 
He is though. Even though he thinks he is half Baratheon and half Lannister, he'd still consider's himself as a Lannister(even though he doesn't know he is 100%).
Yeah, he's always been around Lannisters too. His mother, uncle / daddy, grandfather, cousins. Renley and Stannis were also around King's Landing but it didn't seem like he was close to them or interacted much. It does sound like he looked up to King Robert and respected him.

When she said she was pregnant, I gave up on the theory that she was a treacherous *****.

Back
Top Bottom