OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anytime Robert mentioned Rhaegar or his love of Lyanna, Ned just had no response or looked annoyed. In the book, they do not ever say who Jon's mom is, BUT they mention that Ned found Lyanna in a pool of blood. I think Lyanna and Rhaegar fell in love and Ned found her after she gave birth. Ned was too honorable a man to cheat on Catelynn. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I think she's has a good chance because of the dragons and what a 12,000 man army, that's an attractive partner for anyone looking to make a run at the throne.

Maybe we'll find out next book I doubt tho.
I know what happens. she'll be like 40 by the time she gets to westeros. there will be a new younger, hotter 22-year-old queen of dragons who will become every guy's fantasy and everyone will ditch kaleesi. that's when lord friendzone will return to help raise her kids.

I guess what I'm asking is this:

Will the show follow the books or will the producers improvise for the sake of brevity? I mean, there's like 5 or so books and we're already 4 seasons in to the show, which to my understanding only covers the first book so far. How many seasons do you guys really see this show lasting?

They've already done both. They follow the books in some areas and have new stuff / changes for the show. They've talked about wanting to end at 7 seasons since that number has significance in the story but we won't really know until they get to season 5-6.

Will the show follow the books or will the producers improvise for the sake of brevity? I mean, there's like 5 or so books and we're already 4 seasons in to the show, which to my understanding only covers the first book so far. How many seasons do you guys really see this show lasting?
The show is through book 3 and bits and pieces of books 4&5.

Anytime Robert mentioned Rhaegar or his love of Lyanna, Ned just had no response or looked annoyed. In the book, they do not ever say who Jon's mom is, BUT they mention that Ned found Lyanna in a pool of blood. I think Lyanna and Rhaegar fell in love and Ned found her after she gave birth. Ned was too honorable a man to cheat on Catelynn. Thats my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I just wanted you to say that you knew book information to arrive to that theory man :lol:

Jon being a secret targ is one of the oldest fan theories in the series, but I doubt anyone could have arrived to that just by watching Ned's facial expressions during his one convo with Robert in Season 1

I just wanted you to say that you knew book information to arrive to that theory man :lol:

Jon being a secret targ is one of the oldest fan theories in the series, but I doubt anyone could have arrived to that just by watching Ned's facial expressions during his one convo with Robert in Season 1

I had my theories BEFORE I read Book one. It was too easy to have Jon be Ned's Bastard. Once I read the book it was clear as day. Now if I'm wrong, that will be the biggest swerve :lol: ..

Last edited:
I had my theories BEFORE I read Book one. It was too easy to have Jon be Ned's Bastard. Once I read the book it was clear as day. Now if I'm wrong, that will be the biggest swerve :lol: ..

My first theory was that he was Targaryen simply because HBO Go has both him and Dany next to each other which made me think "what if?" as a plot twist ha. Other than that I couldn't make the connection until I read about Lyanna. Makes perfect sense to me. Reading about before the show (just reading bios online) makes me wish they would do a show just for the prequels.

Sucks for people who don't want to be spoiled.

That stupid equation needs to be banned from the internet. I'm tired of seeing it already.

^
I would edit that or put in a spoiler. That's some info ahead of the show.

Last edited:
Would depend, he might be seen as just another bastard (a la blackfyre)

*edit* don't know how to put in spoilers, so deleted.

[ SPOILER ] INSERT SPOILER [ /SPOILER ]

Get rid of spaces to insert spoiler. You can preview to make sure it worked right too!

I think it's hilarious the conversation y'all having in the spoilers :lol:
Guessing the biggest fan conspiracy theory without reading the books and watching a 5 minute scene and "picking up on facial expressions"

Ok :lol:

I think it's hilarious the conversation y'all having in the spoilers :lol:
Guessing the biggest fan conspiracy theory without reading the books and watching a 5 minute scene and "picking up on facial expressions"

Ok :lol:
Seriously! A lot of people are full of **** with these theories. Knowing damn well you dudes are Wiki 1/2 assin :lol:

In a dream world, 20 amazing seasons. In the real world, probably 9 or 10 depending if GRRM gets all the books finished before the shows catches up.

Back
Top Bottom