OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ season 5 was when they no longer had the safety net of the books

With the books they were Gucci, without it progressively got worse and worse and culminated in the hot hot steaming garbage

I’ve yet to actually sit and watch the whole thing through

I completely understand why people would feel the opposite, but I still think Lost had the worst ending of any show I was really into. To me the Lost ending rendered so much stuff that happened in the show previously completely meaningless.

The GOT ending didn’t do that for me.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Maybe its cuz of the passage of time but I can pretend like s6 of Lost doesnt exist.

Too much to negate with GoT. Plus that final rushed season really made a lot of stuff meaningless.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Maybe its cuz of the passage of time but I can pretend like s6 of Lost doesnt exist.

Too much to negate with GoT. Plus that final rushed season really made a lot of stuff meaningless.

I could change my mind on this if I ever re-watch GOT. Part of my remaining hostility to Lost has to do with my wife re-watching it a few years ago and me continually catching parts that made me think, “oh, yeah, another plot line they introduced that went nowhere...”. Maybe that’ll happen with GOT too, LOL.

I could change my mind on this if I ever re-watch GOT. Part of my remaining hostility to Lost has to do with my wife re-watching it a few years ago and me continually catching parts that made me think, “oh, yeah, another plot line they introduced that went nowhere...”. Maybe that’ll happen with GOT too, LOL.
Had the opposite feeling toward the series when I watched chronologically Lost (the series in chronological order).

It also helped that I stopped watching once they got to that bull **** afterlife flashes which was the very last part.

Last edited:
I'm here for the derision. If GoT can't have it then **** all the rest. If y'all wanna burn it down... then we will burn it all..

BB= THE first few seasons and the last season with him in NH. FOH.

The sopranos= I watched it late and can't believe yall put this up that high.

Lost= Nope.

Dexter= Nope.

The Wire= the way that this show is cyclical, it ended masterfully.

How about GOT was soo much better than all these shows during the the first half of its showing that the ending brought it back into the realm of these spectacular shows.

I completely understand why people would feel the opposite, but I still think Lost had the worst ending of any show I was really into. To me the Lost ending rendered so much stuff that happened in the show previously completely meaningless.

The GOT ending didn’t do that for me.

I only agree because lost came first.. lost prepared me for this BS

But taking a step back, lost was dealing with weird and had a high bar for failure

GOTs did a bulk of the hard work and the weird to a degree addressed.. but dude’s purposely got stupid and tried to do to much when the show was never about that.. the shocking was never really THAT shocking because it was realistic BUT we as fans thought they’d never go there since we assumed people being killed in season 1 were the stars

There was a built up basis for the actions being taken up until last couple seasons.. it wasn’t shocking just to be shocking and it was only really really shocking because it circumvented what we’re usually accustomed to

Nouss Nouss
FC190774-0DD3-4DD9-81F1-F9D8DBEE1F79.gif

Sopranos, Breaking Bad, and The Wire can all be interchangeable to me. I won’t argue anyone’s decision on those. GoT going into this final season should have shattered all these shows. But it sucked so bad., it’s now a notch below these shows because of that.

I dont see where BB gets the goat talk when season 1 and 2 were slow and trash. Season 3 picks it up. Great ending. But not my top 3
Nonsense.

Sad part, it was made for you to enjoy. It was created for older millenials. Reminiscent of those 80s monsters movies.

I didn't enjoy it that much either(88')
Man I still havent been able to get past episode 1 of Stranger Things :lol:

Last edited:
I'm here for the derision. If GoT can't have it then **** all the rest. If y'all wanna burn it down... then we will burn it all..

BB= THE first few seasons and the last season with him in NH. FOH.

The sopranos= I watched it late and can't believe yall put this up that high.

Lost= Nope.

Dexter= Nope.

The Wire= the way that this show is cyclical, it ended masterfully.

How about GOT was soo much better than all these shows during the the first half of its showing that the ending brought it back into the realm of these spectacular shows.
This is A LOT of delusional talk :lol:

Claiming the last season of BB wasnt good?

I have no clue why you're even bringing up Dexter :lol:

The best of GoT is not better than the best of The Wire. You're overrating GoT like crazy.

At this point I can rank Boardwalk Empire over GoT no problem.

Let's take the 5 seasons though and put em all head to head.
forget season 6,7,8 of GOT for a moment
You tellin me BB and BE top those 5?

Let's take the 5 seasons though and put em all head to head.
forget season 6,7,8 of GOT for a moment
You tellin me BB and BE top those 5?
For BB easily.

I'll take Walt and Gus over just about anybody in GoT.

:lol: @ including s5 of GoT. You just handicapped them.

BE is really more about what you prefer. Character work was always outstanding. Brought it with each villain. Plenty GoT characters I dont give a **** about that got so much screen time. Waiting for them to die was a chore.

This is A LOT of delusional talk :lol:

Claiming the last season of BB wasnt good?

I have no clue why you're even bringing up Dexter :lol:

The best of GoT is not better than the best of The Wire. You're overrating GoT like crazy.

At this point I can rank Boardwalk Empire over GoT no problem.

Mans said I was delusional but put Boardwalk over Got.
You would take BW Empire over GOT? Seriously?

I have both and love both.

Are you really tryna put up the first 4 seasons against anything?

There is literally nothing better than the first 4-5 seasons of GOT.

GoT ended poorly but it's still better than 90% of the shows y'all bringing up.

Mans said I was delusional but put Boardwalk over Got.
You would take BW Empire over GOT? Seriously?
Given the last 4 seasons of GoT and how it ended, yes.

Are you really tryna put up the first 4 seasons against anything?

There is literally nothing better than the first 4-5 seasons of GOT.
You are grossly overrating the first 4 seasons of Game of Thrones right now. As if its untouchable. If i did the same I'd be raving about the last 3 seasons of Breaking Bad as the greatest television ever made or simply reiterating that nothing Got did will ever be better than The Wire.

:lol: @ trying to squeeze s5 in there.

But the bigger problem is pretending like there arent 4 other seasons that knocks it down. The 4 seasons don't exist in a vacuum.

I'll forever talk about the show as a whole. Not just the good parts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom