OFFICIAL GAME OF THRONES THREAD | HOUSE OF THE DRAGON Premieres 8.21.22 | OFFICIAL TRAILER REVEALED

Who ends up sitting on the Iron Throne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It ain't hate. It's disinterest. Gain more power until she reaches the iron throne. That's it . She has had no major roadblocks in the way. Everything has come way too easy and when she does meet a challenge in Slavers Bay, it's wrapped up easily. Her arc has just been going through the motion while others have been more complex.

I like other characters more than Dany but i dont hate her. Arya/Tyrion/Theon/Jon book chapters are my favorite.

Y'all dudes are hilarious man :lol:

Loras and Sam are more interesting and complex than Dany? :lol:
Even in the books they're not that interesting, especially Loras

Now y'all comparing Dany to Sansa?
Talkin bout "without her dragons she ain't ****"
We just gon act like anybody can tame dragons right?
Dragons just let anybody get on they back and give them orders right?
We also gon forget Dany survived fire twice?
Like she literally can't be burned.
SHE'S IMPERVIOUS TO FIRE! Even without dragons she still has that.
But I guess that doesn't mean anything though
Not to mention singlehandedly destroying the slave trade in a country that's profited from slavery for thousands of years

What has Sansa done again?

Exactly.

It ain't hate. It's disinterest. Gain more power until she reaches the iron throne. That's it . She has had no major roadblocks in the way. Everything has come way too easy and when she does meet a challenge in Slavers Bay, it's wrapped up easily. Her arc has just been going through the motion while others have been more complex.

no roadblocks? it took her 6 seasons to get ships!

way too easy? she lost a child! selmy died!

slavers bay wrapped up easily? she was nearly killed!

going thru the motion?

thats bran "i have to go north *gets everyone killed* "i have to talk to jon"

" thats jon "we have to fight together! *gets killed* "we have to fight together!"

thats sansa "im getting married!*runs away* "im getting married!"

no one has gone thru the changes dany has from abused sister to slave wife to khaleesi to mother of dragons

but to yall tyrions cousin smashin bugs is a complex story huh?

Of course it is.

Just because she ascended in rank don't mean what she has had to do to do it was interesting. It wasn't. Everything outside of season 1 when we were all rooting for her has been boring, sprinkled in with some cool moments.

The episodes when she was taken by the dothraki horde and was gonna be sent off to that dothraki widow concentration camp, were quite possibly the most boring episodes I've ever watched in this show...

Dario and Jorah going on a mission to save her, was cringeworthy to witness SUCH THIRSTTTTT....lol

I'll take jon venturing north of the wall and fighting white walkers while building a friendship with Tormund ANY DAY over that, only thing close to how uninteresting that story arc was, is probably Sam at the citadel...lol

Top 5 most boring storylines for me:

1. Jamie's trip to Dorne.
2. Everything Dany has done prior to s05e04.
3. Bran's treck north of the wall until he got to the three-eyed Raven.
4. Theon taking Winterfell.
5. Arya and the waif.

1, 3, and 5 were boring due to lack of action and poor pacing tho. Jamie, Bran (really Hodor) and Arya were still interesting characters. Dany's whole arc was boring because of Dany. She's just trash.

Plus if you think about it, e09 of each season is typically regarded as the best episode and that episode usually involves major events in Westeros while e10 usually involves Dany's big victory of the season.

Jamie's trip to Dorne is easily 1

I was saying GOT could be the GOAT show of all time until that arc :lol:

I wouldn't call her Arc boring moreso just frustrating. ***** had the capacity to leave Mereen in season 4 but chose to stay. At that point most were fed up which led to the horrific Season 5 as a whole ..

I understand the Jaime hate. But you have to be trippin' if you think he's NOT one of the more interesting characters on the show. Dude has done some shady and disreputable things in Season 1. But he's grown on me throughout the course of the show as he exposes his humanity and honor and struggles between that and his loyalty to his Cersei. Currently top 5 for sure.

Last edited:
She's had no major roadblocks?
Tay1, I'm almost convinced that you are trolling, but I think really what happened is you were sold on her sucking, and you've repacked and resold that for so long that it is a just a blinded hate/hate with zero love relationship now.

Zero roadblocks? :rofl:

Zero roadblocks. She's been playing the whole game on easy mode. Sure she's had to go through a few levels but everything has fallen into her lap the whole way. Without those dragons she's probably a slave herself at this point. Then she gets Daario to off the other Second Sons for her just because he got p-whipped at first sight.

Dany faces roadblocks. The problem is they're typically resolved quickly and easily, because she's Daenerys Targaryen, Mother of Unnecessary Titles.

Every time Dany starts popping off about her titles she reminds me of Flaming Dragon from Tropic Thunder. If only Tywin was still alive to fill that Les Grossman role.

It's a dead topic for me moving forward.
Next time it comes up I might head over to the NBA thread and participate in the Kobe vs Bron discussion instead.

IMG_2552.JPG

Swap king with queen and Tywin is talking to Dany like he was Joff

Back
Top Bottom