Official Game 4: 05/10 Los Angeles Lakers @ Houston Rockets 12:30PM PST ABC

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Give HOUSTON the credit they deserve...

They WANTED it more and it showed....
naw...the Lakers just did what they do best......dont play D.

This page will barely reach 60. If that.

Great win for the Rockets. I dunno how this series is gonna pan out, but Lakers fans who harp it's ok, Lakers will get the next 2 are the same dudes whodidn't expect this lack of effort from the Lakers today, especially with no Yao. Or expected the Lakers to win game 1. They was getting embarassed, untilthey finally put up a fight.

The point is, you never know, and that's why they play the games. If Houston can win game 5, that would be
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I expect the Lakers to rebound though. Either way, a great win. AB showed up big, and hopefully it carries over. Ron needs to find his shot though.

All in all, a team that everybody counts out, and is playing with nothing to lose, is a dangerous team..

Lakers still do play down to the level of their opponents. I guess the high levels of the celtics and cavs is why we swept em this season. Lakers im tellinyall r gonna win games 5 and 6 tho. Effort in our losses was horrible but u can say the same for the rockets in game 3. We just have more fans to complainabout our loss. LOL. But chill out. If this was like the game in Boston we lost in the championship it means more cuz we lost the series by a blowout and lackof effort. This is game 4 we lost and we still koo. I'm still koo as a fan. We did what we needed to do and thats get homecourt back from Houston. Now wegotta have a gameplan to go against a smaller feistier Houston lineup.

Originally Posted by Twig1026

laugh.gif
...with no "superstars" they play SO much better. Bynum needs to take advantage of no Yao though for real

GASOL better take advantage too

I knew my team would come out to play today! In game 5 I expect them to come out with the same energy and focus. I'm not saying will win but I'm notsaying we will lose.
GO ROCKETS!!!!

Originally Posted by solefob

the Lakers are gonna be in for a tough battle. The Rockets gonna be pumped to play without Yao and not wanting to go down 3-1 along with everyone writing them off without Yao.

The Lakers better not come out complacent and just expecting to win by showing up. They gotta earn the W.

posted this last night. yeah i know its lame to quote yourself but I feared this could happen.

even Van Gundy, who knows the Rockets roster, knows its weaknesses - he even suggested making chuck hayes work on "offense". foul him and put him onthe line.

I thought that the Rockets could take one more game, just off pure emotion. but I didn't think it would be like this.

Utterly disgusting play, or lack thereof, by LA
Props to the Rockets, they came out hungry and hit their shots

Lakers need to slap themselves for this one
Fisher&Luke need to sit on the bench for the remainder of this series
Phil needs to make adjustments in the worst way
I'm not even gonna ask them to play defense, since it appears they aren't capable

Good job Rockets, for real

See you in LA

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
but the lakers will probably get the next game....i'd like to see this go 7. the lakers have to take advantage of the lack of Yao inside, if theywanna win the series.

Lakers will put a beat down in the next game...beleive that, game six however...let all of us Laker fans prey.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by MJsaver

Give HOUSTON the credit they deserve...

They WANTED it more and it showed....
naw...the Lakers just did what they do best......dont play D.

if thats true they havent played D all year long and still won...1 gm behind the CAVS is a great record...

Houston deserves credit for their D at least.. CHUCK HAYES smashed GASOL....until the meaningless 4th..

Lakers will put a beat down in the next game...beleive that, game six however...let all of us Laker fans prey.
Possibly. But the Rockets give better effort than the Lakers ( outside of Kobe) so it's hard to see that. If we win game, which is a big IF,NT will explode.
laugh.gif

C'mon Rockets!!

cosign. lakers will come out to play next game
and i believe we will take game 6 as well

^Yeah I was just listening to it in the background while doing other stuff and I thought my ears deceived me. Then, I heard the commentators apologizing forPhil's words.

I don't know how you Lakers fans are that confident. Only Kobe has played well all series. Gasol has played decent but the rest are just plain horrible.The Lakers better find out how they are going to play Brooks because I don't see him slowing down now that Yao is out. He always pushes the ball but whenYao was in the game, they tried to force him the ball too much and let the shot clock run down to 8 seconds forcing the Rockets to take tough shots. A Bynumand Gasol should dominate the Rockets but I don't see that happening.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

even Van Gundy, who knows the Rockets roster, knows its weaknesses - he even suggested making chuck hayes work on "offense". foul him and put him on the line.
couldnt say any better. Make the Rocket work for their offense and stop turning the ball over. Disgusting defensive by the Lakers today

Back
Top Bottom