OFFICIAL: GAME 2 NBA FINALS CELTICS VS. LAKERS 6.6.10 8PM ETC ABC

Originally Posted by Rafabio

Glad Boston tied up this at 1 a piece...despite the best attempts of the referees...41 to 26 in free throws smh....loved the and-1 phantom call that Kobe got...pathetic.

Ray Allen is that dude.

Boston probably won't win the middle three games (has any team ever done that?), so they're probably going to have to win in LA again.

correct me if im wrong, but didnt Wade adn heat win three straight at home vs. Dallas?

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Seriously $!#* this dude

3acad7aad3438c4336acfc19989b1aa2-getty-91999415cc001_file_photo_la.jpg

What about Lamar?

Ok I had to calm down alittle bit, BUT if the celts can get a record setting game from ray from here on out, they'll win the series........I still stand by my original statement, he is the only one that we can't allow to heat up like that
smh.gif
smh.gif

I see us taking 1 game in boston, and that'll be game 4

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by 23MCpizzle23

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Kobe absolutely sucked tonight. Worst game he's played in a while.
how the hell can he play when the refs are determined to take him out of the game??
eyes.gif

Of course.  I cant wait to read all the crap Laker fans are going write about the refs.  The refs were horrible, but were NOT one sided.  Bad calls both ways.  Move on to game 3.
Agree

Also if you wanted to play that game same can go to how they took Ray Allen out also in Game 1
thats dumb thow so bad calls on our best player taking him out of the game is justifiable by saying it happened to a guy the other team can win without??

we need kobe he is clearly the most valuable player on the court take him out let say for the series we loose all games by double figures you take Rey, KG, or Paul out they compete they still dont win but they compete.

bad calls on big baby and on perkins dont compare to us playing without kobe #!#+ KG was playing like crap anyway if anything his fouls helped the celtics.

This is the finals i want to see these teams play basketball and that is not what happened today i think we play better in a real game without all the calls on both sides
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kobe tried to win it in the 4th, Artest went 1-10 on the game, and the Lakers let the Celtics go on a 10-0 run LATE in the 4th (Celtics started the run w/ a losing score of 88-90; ended the run w/ a winning score of 98-90.

That was your ballgane, IMHO.

laugh.gif
@ the haters
laugh.gif
ing @ any Laker fan who mentions the refs, even though y'all were hushmouth after gm 1.

laugh.gif
LA still loss AT HOME in gm 2....so the "haters" can
laugh.gif
 all they want.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

21 points in an NBA finals game. kobe is trash. quit comparing him to jordan.
Game 4 1997 finals

Jordan 22 points 11/27 shooting

Do some homework before running your mouth....

Jordan's stat line

[table][tr][th=""]Rk[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]Date[/th] [th=""]          Age[/th] [th=""]      Tm[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]    Opp[/th] [th=""]
[/th] [th=""]GS[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]DRB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]GmSc[/th][/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]1997-06-08[/td] [td]34-111[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]@[/td] [td]UTA[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]       11[/td] [td]27[/td] [td].407     
[/td] [td]       0[/td] [td]     4[/td] [td].000[/td] [td]            0[/td] [td]         0
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]      1[/td] [td]       3[/td] [td]      4[/td] [td]       4   
[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]       0[/td] [td]       3    
[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]    22[/td] [td]   7.7[/td][/tr][/table]
Interesting, then MJ followed that game up with the "Flu Game"........if that's the case, looks good for Kobe and Laker fans come game 3
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

21 points in an NBA finals game. kobe is trash. quit comparing him to jordan.
im assuming u just looked at the box score and talking out of ur $@* he had 5 fouls and was out for most of the 3rd and 4th

no i watched the whole game.

did they not call fouls back when mike played?

quit makin excuses for him

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

laugh.gif
@ the haters
laugh.gif
ing @ any Laker fan who mentions the refs, even though y'all were hushmouth after gm 1.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

That's the point. Celtic fans and "haters" acknowledged that Lakers played a better game and deserved to win game 1. While if it were up to Laker fans you guys would be 82-0 and sweep the playoffs. It's ALWAYS the ref's fault. Never mind Odom playing only 3 mins in the 1st half eliminated some of your length. And Kobe being out of sync the whole game. And your point guards being non factors. And Ray Allen putting on a shooting clinic. No it was the refs. They moved the basket so Jesus could make 7 straight.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

How does Gasol only get 10 shots?

He could have had 20 shots if he had wanted, considering how many times he got the ball.  He's just so damn good, he only shoots if he knows it's a very high % shot.

please stop with the who got more free throws nonsense...we all know the refs were bad on BOTH ENDS
but kobe only got 3 throughout the whole game and yall are complaining about the phantom and 1 call he got that gave him ONE.....
were yall watching the game??? because i saw gasol and bynum getting hacked a whole lot throughout the game and those free throws were warranted

i didn't get the video review that went the C's way. it looked like it was clearly off KG's hand unless they said Pau threaded his fingers in between KG's fingers and therefore it was off Pau...... or maybe Pau fouled KG's hand and they decided not to call the foul on Pau because that would mean the refs would pass their self imposed limit on fouls to be called against L.A.

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

It's funny to see these Laker fans cry about refs when they always get the calls.
It's even funnier when the Lakers lose
pimp.gif

bb92b94a08f9c1d3ba401b6a664e224e-getty-99985998mc037_nba_finals_ga.jpg

The refs should def stop controlling games so much on both sides.

Even with that I do think that the Celtics outplayed the Lakers today. Lakers are not gonna win anything if Nate Robinson keeps outplaying Odom in 10 seconds of play.

The celics run their offense and play as a team on both ends. The lakers have a bunch of players that try to do to much stuff by themselves which lead to turnovers.

So at the end the celtics excuted better, hustled more. and had less boneheaded plays.

Boston snatched victory from the jaws of David Stern. The officiating in this game was atrocious on both sides, even worst against Boston. NBA tried they damndest to put the Lakers up 2-0, but Boston TOOK the game. The Lakers are too soft for Boston and the NBA bails them out because they know the Lakers are a finese woman-like team, so they let the refs run free with their whistles. Truly pathetic, and if the rest of you don't realize whats going on, you're pathetic also.

Man I can't wait for the electric Boston crowd. The crowd is soooo much more live at TD Garden than Staples center. Totally different atmospheres.

Originally Posted by hotbutter

Originally Posted by Rafabio

Glad Boston tied up this at 1 a piece...despite the best attempts of the referees...41 to 26 in free throws smh....loved the and-1 phantom call that Kobe got...pathetic.

Ray Allen is that dude.

Boston probably won't win the middle three games (has any team ever done that?), so they're probably going to have to win in LA again.

correct me if im wrong, but didnt Wade adn heat win three straight at home vs. Dallas?
yeah, i think Heat did it and also Pistons against these Lakers in 2004 i think did it.

To all the people saying that the Lakers got the benefit of the the calls because we shot more free throws, are you then arguing that in almost every other game in the entire playoffs we have gotten screwed? Because before this game we were -99 FT differential...We shot more free throws because Pau and Bynum did a lot of work in the paint. Pau and Bynum had 20 shot attempts, while KG and Perkins only had 12. Don't act like either of them played very well or deserved many more free throws than they got. Ray Allen and Rondo bailed them out. The rest of the calls, while awful, pretty much evened out for both sides.

That was the worst officiated game I've ever seen at BOTH ends. If you don't think both teams got screwed over a number of times you either blindly hate one of them or know nothing about basketball.

Pierce's clean block on Artest, Perkins' clean block on Bynum, a couple of fouls on KG while he was guarding Gasol and Gasol didn't have the ball, all were GARBAGE calls. Specifically early on when Gasol was running down the court and the barely bumped into each other.

Kobe's "foul" on Rondo after Rondo got the steal where little to no contact occurred and Kobe stood there while Rondo practically jumped out of bounds, Kobe's foul on Allen when he spun the opposite direction AWAY from Allen to shoot a fadeaway but Allen flopped, Kobe's foul on Glen Davis when Davis stepped in front of him AFTER HE WAS IN THE AIR, all were GARBAGE calls.

Kobe also got a couple and1's where nobody touched him, and Fisher picked up a couple fouls on Allen while literally doing nothing. Oh, and the Artest foul where Pierce just spun and changed directions while Artest stood there (didn't even touch him) and Pierce just tripped over his own feet, the hell was that?

Or where Gasol got the ball on the block, spun into the help defender and just flailed his arms and got bailed out with little to no contact.

Also I don't remember the exact instance but there was one foul on Pierce where he didn't touch anybody at all and still was whistled.

The Celtics extra possession they got when the ball clearly went off Garnett
indifferent.gif

This whole game seemed as if it had two teams full of 06 Finals Dwyane Wades, on both offense and defense. Just ridiculous phantom calls. The only interesting basketball stories and things of legitimate note were Ray Allen's amazing shooting, Rondo's playmaking and rebounding, and Bynum playing well. The rest was just a ref-fueled slopfest.

Originally Posted by nublee

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

It's funny to see these Laker fans cry about refs when they always get the calls.
It's even funnier when the Lakers lose
pimp.gif

bb92b94a08f9c1d3ba401b6a664e224e-getty-99985998mc037_nba_finals_ga.jpg
Man this dude has the most brolic calf muscles ever, wonder how I can get mine like that
laugh.gif

I couldnt believe that call where KG clearly knocked the ball out, they went to a replay, and still called it C's ball

Lakers killed themselves doubling KG's hobbly *$#. He's $#$+!!@ buns and they still throw multiple defenders at him.

Back
Top Bottom