Official G. Sharma thread... New tracks, Mixtape 2011, updates since Bruno Mars %%*@

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

That sounds really dope, how has nobody else mentioned that he got this from Smashing Pumpkins though? Don't get me wrong the way he flipped/interpolated it is really sick, they're my favorite band and I always tried and failed to make beats out of some of their songs in garageband.
What are the rules for something like this? If he starts getting money from this will he have to give a cut to Smashing Pumpkins? He took a few lines and some of the melody. 

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

That sounds really dope, how has nobody else mentioned that he got this from Smashing Pumpkins though? Don't get me wrong the way he flipped/interpolated it is really sick, they're my favorite band and I always tried and failed to make beats out of some of their songs in garageband.
What are the rules for something like this? If he starts getting money from this will he have to give a cut to Smashing Pumpkins? He took a few lines and some of the melody. 

good +%$* mane. johnny angel is pretty wack.

my favorite comment on one of those videos was 'This aint @!%%*%% Bruno Mars. Its a @!%%*%% Niketalker. +%%% you OP.'

good +%$* mane. johnny angel is pretty wack.

my favorite comment on one of those videos was 'This aint @!%%*%% Bruno Mars. Its a @!%%*%% Niketalker. +%%% you OP.'

^^I'd def never release it on a album I was charging for until I got written consent from them.. That's one of the reasons I never released the song/still haven't. As u can see from the other tracks I had never quoted another artist as part of my hook before.. but I'm a huge smashing pumpkins fan and at the time felt it just worked perfectly with the verses and rest of the chorus. I'm thinking of putting the final version out on the net, but I'd never sign up for ad rev/put it on anything where people had to pay unless I got consent and they were paid as well, u know?

^^I'd def never release it on a album I was charging for until I got written consent from them.. That's one of the reasons I never released the song/still haven't. As u can see from the other tracks I had never quoted another artist as part of my hook before.. but I'm a huge smashing pumpkins fan and at the time felt it just worked perfectly with the verses and rest of the chorus. I'm thinking of putting the final version out on the net, but I'd never sign up for ad rev/put it on anything where people had to pay unless I got consent and they were paid as well, u know?

Originally Posted by JewSeeJay

OP
pimp.gif

put out a tape thru NT, i got 5 on it... for what its worth
laugh.gif

how can i do this?? I'd love to.. NT has always shown me love I feel like if this ever blows up I'd rock an NT hat everywhere haha

OP
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

how can i do this?? I'd love to.. NT has always shown me love I feel like if this ever blows up I'd rock an NT hat everywhere haha

Originally Posted by brandnew21

OP
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

notta clue to be honest im not in the music industry but if I were u Id start n the music forum... try contacting some of the producers and artists there

NT actually has some quality quality artists that frequent... a collab with Dom Kennedy or G.o.D would be 
eek.gif

OP
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

notta clue to be honest im not in the music industry but if I were u Id start n the music forum... try contacting some of the producers and artists there

NT actually has some quality quality artists that frequent... a collab with Dom Kennedy or G.o.D would be 
eek.gif

OP
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

if you're trying to sell music, you can do it digitally. There are a bunch of sites that allow you to do so with minimal revenue-sharing with the site. bandcamp.com lets you promote your music and only takes 15% of your sales. I'm sure there are other sites that take an even smaller cut too.

If you're tryng to put out a free mixtape, just record songs, throw em together and upload it on bandcamp or datpiff and i'm sure nters, nt-affiliated blogs, and even non-affiliated blogs will all pump for you.  i been told you your music's dope.

OP
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

if you're trying to sell music, you can do it digitally. There are a bunch of sites that allow you to do so with minimal revenue-sharing with the site. bandcamp.com lets you promote your music and only takes 15% of your sales. I'm sure there are other sites that take an even smaller cut too.

If you're tryng to put out a free mixtape, just record songs, throw em together and upload it on bandcamp or datpiff and i'm sure nters, nt-affiliated blogs, and even non-affiliated blogs will all pump for you.  i been told you your music's dope.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

OP
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

good look... thanks

Originally Posted by Nako XL

OP
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

good look... thanks

Dope song.  Pumpkins have been my favorite band for 18 years.  Love how you spun the lyrics.  You should try to get consent, they (Billy) has loosened his stance on this over the last few years it seems.

Dope song.  Pumpkins have been my favorite band for 18 years.  Love how you spun the lyrics.  You should try to get consent, they (Billy) has loosened his stance on this over the last few years it seems.

Back
Top Bottom