Official FUTURE A1/FBG Thread

Nah. Everything isn't dead for Gucci. Dude is a certified legend and damn near all the current generation has deference for Wop. Plus he gets out in 5 months. Will may not like the homie, but even he would have to attest that Drake hit the nail on the head when he said "Gucci get out its a problem". :smokin

He was on one of his best runs wth are u talking about [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Smh At this revisionist history, fake lol x2. Gucci peaked in 09 with the state of radric Davis, after 2010 deb took his money and wacka flocka sorta took that mans shine yeeeeeaaaaaaa oh let's do it :smokin

Girl drop it to the floor I love the way yo booty go (all that *** in them jeans)

Last edited:
Nah. Everything isn't dead for Gucci. Dude is a certified legend and damn near all the current generation has deference for Wop. Plus he gets out in 5 months. Will may not like the homie, but even he would have to attest that Drake hit the nail on the head when he said "Gucci get out its a problem". :smokin
Bro that's not rocket science. Son using that line for clout, see I was holding u down while u were gone... let's do a tape. Like when Jay said the max b shout out. Opportunist.

Smh At this revisionist history, fake lol x2. Gucci peaked in 09 with the state of radric Davis, after 2010 deb took his money and wacka flocka sorta took that mans shine yeeeeeaaaaaaa oh let's do it :smokin

Girl drop it to the floor I love the way yo booty go (all that *** in them jeans)

So we talking about popularity or quality of music.

Define what "star" means.

Because I'd argue that Gucci is a star and has a god-like status in the particular sub-genre he helped to popularize. 

To me...being a star doesn't mean selling 2 million records, being in Sprite commercials, and winning Grammys...which seems to be the outdated "template" for what most people consider a "rap star" to be.

Last edited:
Define what "star" means.

Because I'd argue that Gucci is a star and has a god-like status in the particular sub-genre he helped to popularize. 

To me...being a star doesn't mean selling 2 million records, being in Sprite commercials, and winning Grammys...which seems to be the outdated "template" for what most people consider a "rap star" to be.

I was referring to a star in the mainstream/radio. Dude was everywhere. The Mariah Carey official remix was probably the peak of that. Then he went to jail, it killed his steam, and in the middle of that, dropped the Appeal, leading off with that atrocious Swizz Beatz single. It charted high, but he was on the way down. Thankfully he's made much much better music since then.

Gucci already a legend. 

Gucci is not the best rapper to come from Atlanta but I'd argue that he can possibly be one the most important rappers in ATLs rap scene history.

Outkast made ATL respected nationwide. At first they weren't respected outside the south and were frequently booed. But Gucci damn near molded the atl rap scene you see today. Tough call

Proposition Joe Proposition Joe I'm not sure what you're arguing here...:lol:

Gucci is viewed as legend status in southern hip hop. For a myriad of reasons. I think you agreed to that.

What's being speculated is that Drake will try and do another track with Wop, once he gets out of jail. Hence his, "Gucci get out its a problem" line on "Digital Dash". And it's not to "get Drake hot" or whatever etc. Just another instance where he'll jump on a popular street wave, to solidify his standings in street southern hip hop. Drake has a weird fetish and craving for acceptance in the hood, and street *****.

Personally, I liked the shoutout...and digital dash. Thought that was cool of Drake to pay homage where he was at.

"Zone 6, they know it's a body
Kirkwood, they know it's a body
Lil Mexico know it's a body
Scooter in here with the zombies
Gucci get out it's a problem
I might take Quentin to Follies"

Gucci probably shoulda been this era's Master P. All these dudes from the south came up under him or were heavily influenced by him. Rappers and producers. Dude has a eye for talent. He's a legend but these jail stints have hurt him. Especially this last one. Good thing is he had so much **** locked in the vault he was able to feed his fans and it sounds like when he gets out he's gonna be sober and focused.

Proposition Joe Proposition Joe I'm not sure what you're arguing here...:lol:

Gucci is viewed as legend status in southern hip hop. For a myriad of reasons. I think you agreed to that.

What's being speculated is that Drake will try and do another track with Wop, once he gets out of jail. Hence his, "Gucci get out its a problem" line on "Digital Dash". And it's not to "get Drake hot" or whatever etc. Just another instance where he'll jump on a popular street wave, to solidify his standings in street southern hip hop. Drake has a weird fetish and craving for acceptance in the hood, and street *****.

Personally, I liked the shoutout...and digital dash. Thought that was cool of Drake to pay homage where he was at.

"Zone 6, they know it's a body
Kirkwood, they know it's a body
Lil Mexico know it's a body
Scooter in here with the zombies
Gucci get out it's a problem
I might take Quentin to Follies"

And it's hilarious :lol: I don't know how J Prince (or J Prince Jr.) snatched him up and handed him a bunch of co-signs, but it's just been funny watching this from the beginning to right now.

who cares if this hive stuff is copying?

it just sounds gay copying or not

b hive made sense and is an obvious play on words

and she's a girl

Dude is copying everything from future, I guess that don't matter to these new fans. Eat up

Inspiration is one thing, blatant copying and becoming a clone is another

Last edited:
who cares if this hive stuff is copying?

it just sounds gay copying or not

b hive made sense and is an obvious play on words

and she's a girl
This. I.never understood anything besides the beehive

Futurehive just developed through IG on its own, i dont think i ever seen future say anything bout it. And also he always rappin how other dudes tryna jack his style, i bet you future dont give a crap.

Futurehive just developed through IG on its own, i dont think i ever seen future say anything bout it. And also he always rappin how other dudes tryna jack his style, i bet you future dont give a crap.
I wanna say he's mentioned it before either in his advertising for Purple Reign tour or on his IG.

I remember being slightly disappointed he ain't try to coin a different phrase for his fan base

More than likely it's someone from the marketing team that saw the futurehive tag on Instagram and ran with it when it came time to promote the PR tour.

Back
Top Bottom