***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

that ***** boy running the fila instagram deleted my comment about them butchering the fila 95... man **** fila... not buying **** from them no more

midas whale not have no nubuck side panel anymore lol

:x :smh:

that ***** boy running the fila instagram deleted my comment about them butchering the fila 95... man **** fila... not buying **** from them no more

midas whale not have no nubuck side panel anymore lol

Yea I can co-sign that the dude who is running their instagram and twitter is a straight up lame. I ain't supporting FILA.

Can somebody please tell me what 2A is? Pardon my ignorance

What were they trying to achieve with the newly-shaped logo? It looks so off-balance.

And, yes, I did lace my pair to the back on occassion. It was cool to be different.

Yea I can co-sign that the dude who is running their instagram and twitter is a straight up lame. I ain't supporting FILA.

Can somebody please tell me what 2A is? Pardon my ignorance

it stand for 2 air... its filas old air cushioning back in the 90's to rival nike air... if you look at the fila 96 that little plastic thing on the bottom its shaped like an A with a little 2 in it. thats where the 2a cushioning is...

in the original grant hills and stackhouses it was inserted in the midsole at the heel. it was basically the size of a silver dollar. it was like a low pressure whoopy cushion

the fila grant hill 1 has the same A shape as well only on this retro its gone.

the grant hill 3 shows the whole 2a on the bottom

as the years went by they started making the 2a bigger and made it into columns. they also started making it visible on the sides of their shoes ala nike...

in the late 90's my og grant hill 2 was beat so i pulled the plastic A off and pulled out the actual 2A air cushioning... it was basically a silver dollar sized low air pressured whoopy cushion lol

believe me when i tell you this the og gh2 cushioning sucked

but the retro 96 i dont know what they did but its hella more cushioning than the og...

its almost like og nike air now...

sorry if i dont make any sense lol

Guilty of this as well, lol.

lol how could you not though? fila makes long *** laces on their shoes lol

im pretty sure thats what it was intended for since back in the days dudes use to tie their laces around the ankles of their shoes...

i dont know if young dudes still do that...

Last edited:
it stand for 2 air... its filas old air cushioning back in the 90's to rival nike air... if you look at the fila 96 that little plastic thing on the bottom its shaped like an A with a little 2 in it. thats where the 2a cushioning is...

in the original grant hills and stackhouses it was inserted in the midsole at the heel. it was basically the size of a silver dollar. it was like a low pressure whoopy cushion

the fila grant hill 1 has the same A shape as well only on this retro its gone.

the grant hill 3 shows the whole 2a on the bottom

as the years went by they started making the 2a bigger and made it into columns. they also started making it visible on the sides of their shoes ala nike...

in the late 90's my og grant hill 2 was beat so i pulled the plastic A off and pulled out the actual 2A air cushioning... it was basically a silver dollar sized low air pressured whoopy cushion lol

believe me when i tell you this the og gh2 cushioning sucked

but the retro 96 i dont know what they did but its hella more cushioning than the og...

its almost like og nike air now...

sorry if i dont make any sense lol
Thanks for the history lesson. All this is new info to me as I didn't own any of their shoes growing up. All I gotta say is, you really know your FILAs

those are nice...

but i aint supporting fila no more **** them...

maybe when they drop to 30 bucks on finishline...

whats with these packs? can they not release a shoe without labeling it a pack? ***** clowns...

how about they release all their shoes at once and call it the wearentnike/jordan/reeboksowecantgetawaywithcuttingcostandcornersthatswhyourshoesrotonshelves pack?

"Tobacco Road" Pack is releasing October 3rd

fila-96-tobacco-road-pack.jpg

fila-spaghetti-tobacco-road-pack.jpg
I dig these for some reason but would more than likely wait for them to drop in price. It appears in other pictures on sneakernews.com that they're messing with the design on the actual fial logo on the side of the Stacks to somewhat mimick what the OGs logo looked like.

and look at them long ***** laces, lol.

Tobacco Road? Can someone explain that to me

its the area or road surrounding and seperating the 4 major north carolina colleges ie duke, north carolina, wake forest, etc... north carolina being a major tobacco producer... something like that lol

in this case the two teams comprised of the tobacco road pack are duke and unc, hill coming from duke, and stack from north carolina...

unless they add two other fila shoes for wake forrest and nc state...

you can basically call it a college rivals pack lol

Last edited:
I think its to symbol the rivalry between Duke and UNC, both are along North Carolina’s Tobacco Road 

Last edited:
anybody have both the fila 96 and spaghettis? how does the cushioning compare?

im in love with the fila 96 cushioning

Back
Top Bottom