***OFFICIAL FILA THREAD***

waiting on ghill 3s from ubiq and ghill 1s from jj patiently.. i envy you guys on the east coast it damn near takes me a week or so to get my sneakers! 

From JJ... Cushioning in the Stacks and 96 is amazing. The KJ, not as good as the previous 2. How's the fit and cushioning with the 97?

Just wanted to share the response I got from Louis Colon on IG in regards to the logic behind altering the midsole on the Mashburn releasing as a part of the Turning Tide pack:

"the mold and painting will never execute cleanly and won't pass the quality testing."

So they could paint the midsole correctly in the 90s yet almost 2 decades later with improvements in manufacturing technology it's actually harder? :rolleyes

So they could paint the midsole correctly in the 90s yet almost 2 decades later with improvements in manufacturing technology it's actually harder?
eyes.gif
That's what I'm saying!

Peep out this dope video of the Top 10 Plays of the Week from April 8, 1995 on where Jamal Mashburn in #8 you could see him wearing the FILA Mashburn's.

Sounds similar to their excuse as to why they didn't bring the red lines all the way down on the stacks. I feel like they're just being lazy unfortunately.

Word. I remember how at first they was going to release the Stack 2's with the line going all the way down to the bottom. But then they decided to change their minds. This is how at first they was looking like.

Last edited:
TBH I think it was our fault the lines didn't go all the way down on the Stack2s, anybody remember how hard we went on the lines not lining up on the 96s?
laugh.gif
 Fila was prob like screw them we ain't getting that same complaint
tired.gif

One of my 96s line up perfectly and the other shoe is way off. Drives me nuts. I would rather them both be off or on point.

The Stacks should have the line all the way down though. That's weak on their part.

The Mashburn's are weird. Don't understand how they can't do it right. Doesn't bother me too much, I'll buy them for $40 or less in a few months.

I'd venture that it costs more to have the midsoles painted a certain way. It may be an actual 'manual' process vs. it being automated by a machine.

The reality is that most FILA product is only being purchased on very steep discount so there's no real incentive for them to spend more on the manufacturing costs.

I'd venture that it costs more to have the midsoles painted a certain way. It may be an actual 'manual' process vs. it being automated by a machine.

The reality is that most FILA product is only being purchased on very steep discount so there's no real incentive for them to spend more on the manufacturing costs.

Sad, but probably true.

I am torn on the Mashburns. Loved them in the '90s, but the midsole is actually bothering me enough to stop me getting the retro I think.

It's a nice shoe I understand that they can't make them the same I honestly think for that price your getting an awesome product unlike with nike who has essentially cannibalIed it's retro program

They can make them the same though.

Why on earth couldnt they reverse the paint?

It makes no sense unless they ran out of black paint :lol:

Lets not compare them to nike because we need to compare them to fila. They did a great job with the fila 96.

How couldnt they reverse the paint???

Last edited:
I called up Ubiq and the lady said the Stacks were still available in a size 12. Placed another order yesterday and they were just cancelled :smh:

Back
Top Bottom