Official ESPN First Take Thread. Vol. It's about time.

I hope that idiot tony larussa gets bashed. All these fools exposing themselves but the people on networks are hesitant to call them out on it. Lebatard, Bomani, Michael Smith, Jemele, Shannon are doing a good job ethering them though.

Dude sounded like his pappy owned slaves. Disgusting

first take has turned into a cartoon character arguing with a regular person.

Found it funny how Max mentioned a week ago or so about an investigation by Sen John McCain (of all people) on the NFL and paid patriotism. Max mentioned it in defense of Kaepernick and the hypocrisy of the NFL claiming to be so patriotic yet charging the US government for fly-overs and military tributes. :smh:

Then yesterday, when the topic was about Jerry Jones being happy that all of his Cowboys stood for the anthem, SAS mentions how he "just got a text" from his boy about how the NFL gets paid or once got paid for all these tributes, dedications, and giant flag waving exhibitions. Max yells out "PAID PATRIOTISM" while SAS nods and takes the credit for the SAME EXACT THING Max has mentioned at least 2 times prior to that. :rofl:

Found it funny how Max mentioned a week ago or so about an investigation by Sen John McCain (of all people) on the NFL and paid patriotism. Max mentioned it in defense of Kaepernick and the hypocrisy of the NFL claiming to be so patriotic yet charging the US government for fly-overs and military tributes. :smh:

Then yesterday, when the topic was about Jerry Jones being happy that all of his Cowboys stood for the anthem, SAS mentions how he "just got a text" from his boy about how the NFL gets paid or once got paid for all these tributes, dedications, and giant flag waving exhibitions. Max yells out "PAID PATRIOTISM" while SAS nods and takes the credit for the SAME EXACT THING Max has mentioned at least 2 times prior to that. :rofl:

:lol: Molly face was all screwed up leaning away from SAS producers had to be in her ear like CHANGE THE TOPIC

Last edited:
I dunno how Woodson and Randy didn't yell at dilfer for that foolishness he said on nfl countdown.

Dilfer should leave the social commentary to the adults. Child slavery you say.

He really did. Its about time people got this clown Dilfer out of here

Dude is the most opinionated "along for the ride" NFL player I've ever seen. You would think he was the middle line backer of one of the greatest defensive teams ever the way he talks and wasn't the QB who's job was to not "mess stuff up"

I hope that idiot tony larussa gets bashed. All these fools exposing themselves but the people on networks are hesitant to call them out on it. Lebatard, Bomani, Michael Smith, Jemele, Shannon are doing a good job ethering them though.

Sad part is u get that slob Wellington with cowherd blasting kap saying it's for personal gain bc he is a backup with an agenda smh.

Totally disregard that the 9ers management team has wanted him out and has tried to get him out and was really close to being out of the league smh. People looking for excuses to not discuss the actual issues which technically still hasn't been discussed bc people still don't get it.

You got dabo Jones and Larjssa speaking out. All from same demographic smh

All the names you listed, and I mean ALL, have done a great job articulating the POV that Kaepernick has been trying to point out.

From jump, Max Kellerman, Mike & Mike (both of them), Don Lagreca, Peter Rosenberg (no surprise), Skip Bayless (big surprise), Damien Woody, Nick Wright, Booger McFarland, Joey Galloway, have all displayed some sort of empathy to what Colin originally tried to shine light on.

Michelle Beadle and Kate Fagan (both surprisingly) have also showed steady support.

On the other hand,

- Trent I do not respect the fact that he put himself and his stance above the team Dilfer,
- Boomer he's a disgrace, I would cut him Esiason,
- Michael he's a punk and because he wore those socks he lost me (I don't care what he has to say) Kay,
- Cris I love 99.9 percent of everything America stands for and if he looked at it from a broader picture, he might feel that way too Collinsworth
- Will I need him to be more specific and have a clear plan on how to solve this Cain,
- Colin if I were the GM, I don't want someone like that on my team Cowherd,
- Paul this country is not oppressing black people Finebaum,
- Alan he can protest but just do it in a different way Hahn,
- Michael I'm tired of this already (I don't want to hear anymore about who's standing or who's sitting) Wilbon,
- Lil there is no racism Wayne,
- Adnan do it another way Virk
- Jerry I'm proud everyone stood for the anthem Jones
- John if he sits for the anthem, then he sits for the game Tortorella
- Tony he needs to learn the facts about police, he has no clue what they go through Stewart

plus MANY more (Ed Werder, Danny Kanell) .... All of these fools have done nothing but stagnate and dilute the conversation.

Last edited:
I've grown tired of molly, been eyeing Joy Taylor for a few months now. She's stacked.

Yeah, Molly was cool at first but I think she's feeling herself now. Interrupts and tries to voice her own thoughts. Then gets an attitude when no one cares. Get that bum ***** the **** out of here

All the names you listed, and I mean ALL, have done a great job articulating the POV that Kaepernick has been trying to point out.

From jump, Max Kellerman, Mike & Mike (both of them), Don Lagreca, Peter Rosenberg (no surprise), Skip Bayless (big surprise), Damien Woody, Nick Wright, Booger McFarland, Joey Galloway, have all displayed some sort of empathy to what Colin originally tried to shine light on.

Michelle Beadle and Kate Fagan (both surprisingly) have also showed steady support.

On the other hand,

- Trent I do not respect the fact that he put himself and his stance above the team Dilfer,
- Boomer he's a disgrace, I would cut him Esiason,
- Michael he's a punk and because he wore those socks he lost me (I don't care what he has to say) Kay,
- Cris I love 99.9 percent of everything America stands for and if he looked at it from a broader picture, he might feel that way too Collinsworth
- Will I need him to be more specific and have a clear plan on how to solve this Cain,
- Colin if I were the GM, I don't want someone like that on my team Cowherd,
- Paul this country is not oppressing black people Finebaum,
- Alan he can protest but just do it in a different way Hahn,
- Michael I'm tired of this already (I don't want to hear anymore about who's standing or who's sitting) Wilbon,
- Lil there is no racism Wayne,
- Adnan do it another way Virk
- Jerry I'm proud everyone stood for the anthem Jones
- John if he sits for the anthem, then he sits for the game Tortorella
- Tony he needs to learn the facts about police, he has no clue what they go through Stewart

plus MANY more (Ed Werder, Danny Kanell) .... All of these fools have done nothing but stagnate and dilute the conversation.

Awesome post. Didn't even know the takes of the majority of the people posted, absolutely tone deaf. Used to be a huge fan of Boomer Esiason can't rock with that racist schmuck anymore after the Melo now Colin comments

Last edited:
I don't watch first take as much but man Will Cain is the worst journalist to sit on that show :x

I dunno how Kate Fagan does a radio show with him. She's a very well aware and talented journalist who has to listen to the garbage he says. I remember they co-hosted his & hers, the next day Michael Smith said he never felt more loved and missed from all the twitter love he received.

Last edited:
Would be weird if something is going on, her father-in-law passed away a week or two ago. Her husband probably at home throwing stuff at the tv screen.

When that tongue came and she rubbed it on her upper lip she totally gave it away. Not saying their smashing but its obvious she wants to

Back
Top Bottom