Official ESPN First Take Thread. Vol. It's about time.

Corey Holcomb stay going in on Stephen A :lol:

:lol: Damn

I'ma have to agree with Corey. Stephen A Smith is something else man. I stood by him when he said women are often at fault in many but not all - domestic violence cases. ESPN suspended him and made him apologize. I mean, the man has a son. He gotta' feed his family. That "First Take" paycheck is great! He had to get his job back.

Son, I've seen Corey go off on SAS a few times. I die every time. He go hard as **** at him.

Sharpe is dead on about Tebow. Crazy how this guy keeps getting chances. He's not even good enough to be in the minors. Stiff as hell in the outfield, slow and can't throw accurately.

Son, I've seen Corey go off on SAS a few times. I die every time. He go hard as **** at him.

Sharpe is dead on about Tebow. Crazy how this guy keeps getting chances. He's not even good enough to be in the minors. Stiff as hell in the outfield, slow and can't throw accurately.

I don't have FS1 but I know for a fact undisputed is must see TV today. Skip trolling is gonna be A1 and Sharpe is gonna have a stroke. The Mets cannot be serious giving this dude a contract

Last edited:
Clown show Smith is a shucking and jiving dude.YESSUM BOSS SHO NUff.

Hearing the news that the mets signed him to a minor league contract had me wanting to throw my mets hats in the trash and to stop supporting them.

Smith really is unwatchable at times, makes me cringe when he begins to talk about the pilght of Black people to a white audience.

Molly letting the fact that she's smashing Jalen Rose get to her dome

Had no idea. Her yambs must be heavenly. I remember reading a quote from her saying that she doesn't have boyfriends because her career takes priority. Saw they had a nice to see joel osteen. Weird.

View media item 2153614

Jalen has gotten progressively worse on his show too. Tries way too hard to sound smart, just get your point across b

Jalen just regurgitates career achievements whenever a topic is brought up

Example:

Allen Iverson hall of fame
Jalen: "1 Mvp, 1 finals appearance, 4 time scoring champion, rookie of the year, 2 time All-Star game MPV etc etc"

Just get to your damn point

big announcement,
they're starting a contest where a male and female will have a chance to debate on the show against him, details will be released next week. but you get an all expenses paid trip to the studio, Stephen A takes you to dinner and you get NBA tix to your local NBA team, but any game you want. You send in video submissions

Someone in the comments said Skip gonna send in a video :lol:

Last edited:
I wish FS1 could somehow secretly have Nick Wright send a vid in. Would love to see him go up against SAS on whatever topic of the day.

As for Jalen, when I first found J&J on tv, I was feeling the show. But Jalen definitely tries to come off as some sort of deep thinker (which he very well may be), but he fails miserably when it comes to articulating his point sometimes.

CASE IN POINT [start at 3:36]. Keep in mind, this is when Sam Hinkie from the 76ers wrote his resignation letter and it got leaked to the media:

My dude really got crossed up with psychics and physicists. He genuinely thought Sam Hinkie would be quoting some psychics from around the world. :lol:

Was dying when Jacoby stopped the show to call him out on it. :lol:

I'm sure it was an honest mistake or a case of dyslexia, but that right there is what I'm talking about with Jalen. He'll pause for effect when none is needed. And he also will talk like a robot at times, for what reason I don't know.

All in all, they have an entertaining show though. Jalen just needs to dial it back a bit and be more his true self.

Last edited:
I find it weird that they only show the j&j show at weird times on tv. I guess they don't care about people watching the show. It's pretty good but I never know when it's on.

^ Do we have a thread for unidisputed?

So far even tho it is a blatant replication of First Take I enjoy the back and forth. I feel like the show could suffer when football season ends tho as Shannon is out of his element on those topics when they come up.

Nonetheless I like not having to see or hear SAS yelling or attempt to joke laugh

We might as well make this the undisputed and first take thread since they both cover the same topics. So far undisputed has shown they have no filter when it comes to attacking certain topics and have had a far better array of guest. I'll update the OP this weekend and keep the thread relevant

Last edited:
first take has turned into a cartoon character arguing with a regular person.

Shannon debating like how he used to play. Straight beasting. He refused to let up on Klatt. :x

Man, I wish Shannon could get a crack at some of these other clowns. Dilfer and Boomer Esiason specifically. :stoneface:

He said he called Dabo Swinney too. :lol: I don't think he gave him the business like he did to Klatt. But just knowing he called Swinney as soon as **** popped off was impressive to me. Cuz he didn't want to destroy him on-air without first letting Dabo get a chance to explain himself.

Unlike when SAS completely **** on Melo before calling him to find out the deal behind his comments at the Olympics. :smh:

Did anyone see Lil Wayne on Undisputed? Smh...

I hope that idiot tony larussa gets bashed. All these fools exposing themselves but the people on networks are hesitant to call them out on it. Lebatard, Bomani, Michael Smith, Jemele, Shannon are doing a good job ethering them though.

Back
Top Bottom