***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Sh*t was hilarious...

Look when it comes down to it, it's all about preference, but a substantial amount of people praise garbage and don't give credit where it's due. 

If Recovery was trash, then so was a huge portion of commercial hip hop in the years since it dropped. People will say something on these boards and others will mimic it because thats the popular opinion. People looked at Recovery and said "Oh a song with Pink and Rihanna, Eminem's gone commercial and is trash." Yeah the man did go more commercial and he's not one that needs that, but nary a rapper in the game now can craft songs half as good as Cold Wind Blows, No Love, Space Bound, 25 to Life, and Almost Famous. Sick wordplay, flow, delivery.

People are sick of his subject matter, which I understand, but Em will always be an entertaining lyricist because the ways in which he weaves words together is second to none.

There was no word wizardry on Recovery. The was no "serial killer hiding murder material in a cereal box on top of your stereo" type lyrcisim on Recovery. No type of complicate rhyme style Em. No "Hooligan thats use to using Hallucinogens, causing contusions again". Just a punch of weak punchlines.

25 to Life might be one of the worst personification of Hip Hop tracks I have ever heard. We heard Em execute concept tracks far better (KIM, My Darling, Deja Vu, Stan)

they probably want some people other than his core fanbase to listen
I feel that...
Don't understand the hate for Recovery, besides maybe two songs, it was a great album... Yeah it lacked "lyrics" but the album was about real life and pain.... Maybe I am partial to it because I was going through some personal things at the time( not drug things but lost of people and relationships) and that was one of the albums that got me through...
Sometimes you don't need all this"lyrical combat", sometimes you just need to hear music that is in tune with your soul... I can name plenty of emcees who are spitting just to spit, but to put your life and pain out there for not only criticism but to inspire and hope one person takes it to heart is what hip hop has been lacking, take that back all music is lacking....
As for features, I am tired of listening to albums with all these guest spots only to be disappointed, just give me three features like my man said and give me quality lyrics and quality storytelling about life, that's all I ask for

Last edited:
At the end of the day, some like Recovery, some don't, and that's cool. But that album did not deserve to go Diamond, I don't care what nobody says.

Em taking that long hiatus after Encore really hurt him. If he had left after the 8 Mile soundtrack I don't think people woulda gave up on him as much. When somebody leaves the game for years and their last album is by far their worse, it's gonna be hard to win some of those fans back.

I thought Relapse was ok, it had a few nice joints on it but that whole serial killer theme is good for a song not a whole album. Recovery was a lot better. He killed some of his features during that time too but I'm still waiting for him to drop another great album. We'll see what he puts out, I **** with the single he dropped.

Last edited:
Reading these comments I can tell who the new eminem fans are...

Relapse > recovery a million times over.

Just off the top...

Must be the ganja
Stay wide awake
Beautiful
Deja vu
Hell breaks loose

And elevator off of the relapse:refill was classic em
What about Undergound? I thought that was a great track off the album

Relapse is one of my favorite albums of the last few years. It was a cohesive album, he ha a topic and it flowed. Production was perfect.

I don't want Rick Rubin near this album.

Recovery was at like 5-6 mil in the US and around diamond worldwide. Plus a few multiplatinum singles.

^ I'm not a fan of his work. I don't think he's bad but I like it when it's strictly Em and Dre. No one else other than a few features.

There was no word wizardry on Recovery. The was no "serial killer hiding murder material in a cereal box on top of your stereo" type lyrcisim on Recovery. No type of complicate rhyme style Em. No "Hooligan thats use to using Hallucinogens, causing contusions again". Just a punch of weak punchlines.

25 to Life might be one of the worst personification of Hip Hop tracks I have ever heard. We heard Em execute concept tracks far better (KIM, My Darling, Deja Vu, Stan)
Cold-hearted from the day I Bogarted the game
My soul started to rot, fellow
When I'm not even in my harshest
You can still get roasted cause Marsh is not mellow

Flows tighterhot headed as Ghostrider  
Cold hearted as Spiderman throwing a spider in the snow
So you better get lower than Flo-rida
Inside of a lowrider with no tires in the hole

grin.gif

Last edited:
I honestly don't understand why some of you can't accept that never in the history of human civilization will 100% of the population have the same opinion on something. When you do acknowledge that someone has a different opinion than you, you try to tell them why they're wrong and why your opinion is better. It's better to elaborate on why you think that with examples and references to back up your opinion. 

Wow someone said 25 to Life sucked..... Recovery might as well sucked then cause that was the best song on there no question.

I thought I loved recovery. then i went to go play it a 2nd time... and started seeing the light.

just like daft punk's album. peopl listened to it and jammed cause of the name.

then everyone had the same realization at once that the album sucked.

Listening to Relapse right now, Underground, Stay Wide Awake, and Must Be the Ganja were :smokin The last verse on Underground and the 2nd verse on Ganja.... :smokin

Relapse is definitely >>>> Encore and Recovery both.

Encore is easily his worst album to me.

Last edited:
Rain man was one of the best songs on Encore. I forgot how much of Relapse Dr. Dre produced. Every track except one :x, please don't let that happen with this one too.

I'm listening to Relapse right now, I liked it but IMO Encore and Recovery were better than it. To the person who said that he wasn't using the accents pick any song on Relapse then pick a song off Recovery. He's using the accent on the entire thing

Rain man was one of the best songs on Encore. I forgot how much of Relapse Dr. Dre produced. Every track except one :x, please don't let that happen with this one too.

I'm listening to Relapse right now, I liked it but IMO Encore and Recovery were better than it. To the person who said that he wasn't using the accents pick any song on Relapse then pick a song off Recovery. He's using the accent on the entire thing

This repped

It sounds stupid but i couldn't' really get past the accent on every song. It literally ruined the album for me. It was hard to focus on the lyrics when the tone was just killing my ears. But i guess if that didn't bother you i can see how people liked the album (still not better then recovery though)

Back
Top Bottom