***Official Eminem Thread New Album Announced TBA***

Also dudes can say what they want about that Mackelmore cat, but at least he's making listenable coherent music that is popular with the masses and not because of his name.

Em always had garbage singles, for instance

these two singles are attrocious, it's always some zany ish but Without Me, The Real Slim Shady, My Name Is, Not Afraid ain't as bad. Berzerk isn't the best single he's made but it's different from the others he made

What is "listenable" music

Clearly if Em did Macklemores current singles that's your definition of "listenable" music by your arguments

I call a spade a spade because NT clearly plays follow the leader NOTHING he puts out will suffice for this board

Once NT turns on an artist the whole place follows for the most part

Last edited:
What is "listenable" music

Clearly if Em did Macklemores current singles that's your definition of "listenable" music by your arguments

I mean talking rhyming properly and not with all the extra BS.

If it's not the yelling it's the accents and now with this song he has so much going on it's like he decided to put all of the BS into this song.

Hey you seem to really like Em and this song and that's cool, but don't talk about people that don't when it's most of the people in the thread saying it's trash.

In the songs on Recovery he was talking and rhyming properly and not a lot of BS, but I guess the masses weren't ready for a serious Em since they've been used to the cartoon character type that he is.

I mean talking rhyming properly and not with all the extra BS.

If it's not the yelling it's the accents and now with this song he has so much going on it's like he decided to put all of the BS into this song.

Hey you seem to really like Em and this song and that's cool, but don't talk about people that don't when it's most of the people in the thread saying it's trash.

In the songs on Recovery he was talking and rhyming properly and not a lot of BS, but I guess the masses weren't ready for a serious Em since they've been used to the cartoon character type that he is.

You are arguing against yourself

Am I the only one who loves Rain Man?
laugh.gif
I'm with you on this one!
love rainman 
laugh.gif

My bad, I wasn't comparing the two.... the point I was making is that just because it's number 1 on iTunes doesn't make it good.

I have actually played the song a few more times and I semi enjoy it. But 90% of that is due to the beat, and 10% to Eminem.

I listened to "On Fire" from Recovery the other day, I like when Em raps like that.

I want MMLP2 to be good, but I just can't picture it. Only time will tell though.

Y'all acting like Eminem hasn't bee rapping about serious stuff since forever. If I had, Rock Bottom, Marshall Mathers, The Way I Am and much more. People don't have a problem when he's not joking, they have a problem when it's not good. It just seems like dudes songwriting skills aren't there anymore, although he can still rhyme. To me recovery & relapse was trash. Relapse was just awful for reasons already said in this thread, and Recovery just has no replay value for me. Now to this song. Just because people don't like this song doesn't make them haters. And it has little to do with expectations. Most people here want this album to be good, so chill with that.

My bad, I wasn't comparing the two.... the point I was making is that just because it's number 1 on iTunes doesn't make it good.

I have actually played the song a few more times and I semi enjoy it. But 90% of that is due to the beat, and 10% to Eminem.

I listened to "On Fire" from Recovery the other day, I like when Em raps like that.

I want MMLP2 to be good, but I just can't picture it. Only time will tell though.
This is the first single and we have a few months off before the full album releases. But "On Fire" is a good song. I like when Em raps like that it was very solid delivery and lyricisism without being too over the top which makes it good i personally like "Ridaz" one of the bonus tracks from the deluxe edition

Y'all acting like Eminem hasn't bee rapping about serious stuff since forever. If I had, Rock Bottom, Marshall Mathers, The Way I Am and much more. People don't have a problem when he's not joking, they have a problem when it's not good. It just seems like dudes songwriting skills aren't there anymore, although he can still rhyme. To me recovery & relapse was trash. Relapse was just awful for reasons already said in this thread, and Recovery just has no replay value for me. Now to this song. Just because people don't like this song doesn't make them haters. And it has little to do with expectations. Most people here want this album to be good, so chill with that.
and just because people like the song doesnt make them fanboys

If he put any competent rapper on any of his songs he would get renegaded on his entire album.

I feel like his camp doesn't give him feedback because he's full of himself and his success and they're scared.

too much yelling. he has the lyrics but the delivery is not even close to there and that's a serious problem. silly yelling. silly gimmicky fast rhyming.
and that computerized last syllable thing he was doing was also awful. could barely understand it.
It makes me wonder how much influence Proof had over him
The song is not terrible but the yelling just turned me off and I really enjoyed Recovery...
Relapse on the other hand not so much...
But I will give him a chance

Last edited:
Tech n9ne, Nas, Royce, Crooked I, and Danny Brown are the only artist I want to hear on the album outside of Em.

This.

Tech and Em on a song would be crazy. I think Danny Brown would be great too they should do a song about drugs together :lol:
I think royce always is a great choice...i like him better then em on most of Bad vs Evil. It's beyond a pipe dream but would love to hear a dark song withe him and the weeknd. There is a 10% chance it would sound good....but if they could get it right id love to hear it.

And just my 2cents but every song Mclemore has made has come off as corney or a gimmick to me. The song about jordans....wears jordans anyway, the song about thrift shoping...wears super expensive clothes anyway....not that the music is terrible....because the beats and chorus's are good (basically ryan lewis is nice)...but it just comes off as corny to me. But obviously im in the minority since dude is platinum.

I think em and action will have a song together since they have the same manager and for being white rappers.

Bezerk is WHACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK, but the new survivor track is flames, so many hottttt barssss.

Why do you hate others opinions... it's their opinions... 

You seem to be a big fan of his, and like most overzealous fans they will not call a spade a spade when it comes to critiquing their favorite artists.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This is that quintessential NT mentality. Respect others opinions, but say the song is trash otherwise you're just being an overzealous fan. 

You want critique fine. Almost 50% of Encore was unlistenable, Relapse showed he still had the ability to create ridiculous rhyme schemes and flows but the songs on which he used an accent made their replay value plummet. Recovery (aside from a couple of corny punchlines) was a GREAT album, pop influences or not. People hated because he had Pink and Rihanna on the album, but bar for bar, the man was still at the top of his game. I don't skip a single track on Welcome to Hell and while he will never touch his earliest albums he doesn't have to in my book. Give me solid Eminem music and I will be happy.

The man has put out 7 albums and his WORST album still had about 4 songs that were great. People will always be overly critical because he's one of the greats, and others will follow and say the same because it's unpopular to say otherwise.

Reading these comments I can tell who the new eminem fans are...

Relapse > recovery a million times over.

Just off the top...

Must be the ganja
Stay wide awake
Beautiful
Deja vu
Hell breaks loose

And elevator off of the relapse:refill was classic em

Back
Top Bottom