EMINEM
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

If your over 25 you shouldnt be listening to Em??
roll.gif

I know right, he got me thinking that maybe I'm too old and I should throw out my Eminem cd's.
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

What the hell kind of sense doest that make?
" over 25, married with kids"

but even so, if you're over 25 ( ala mature), take into account that you're not the prime demographic of eminems music, so chances are you are going todislike it indefinitely. With that in mind,(if this is you) you shouldn't be broadcasting your opinion/review of this music as if it matters...

my boy and i picked up some pills tonight, and i been playin it for him...

This is a classic... Dont give a @+!% what any of yall wannabe rap reviewing hate spewin critics say...

Yall "@@+$%# in the brain" if you dont agree

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

roll.gif

but even so, if you're over 25 ( ala mature), take into account that you're not the prime demographic of eminems music, so chances are you are going to dislike it indefinitely. With that in mind,(if this is you) you shouldn't be broadcasting your opinion/review of this music as if it matters...
If that is true though then the same applies for all rappers. No one over the age of 25, married and with kids should be broadcasting a review ofany rapper as if it matters...not just Eminem...

Originally Posted by M16

I've been busy with finals but I gave it a full listen just now and here's my review:

Dr. West - intro
3am - 2.5/5 tolerable
My Mom - 3/5 disappointing. We heard enough songs about his mom, I was hoping this would be different, it was just more of the same
Insane - 4/5 good track, flashback to classic Em
Bagpipes from Baghdad - 2/5
Hello - 1.5/5 what was he thinking ?
Tonya - skit
Same Song & Dance - 2.5/5 yet another song with Em trying too hard to be controversial
We Made You - 1/5 atrocious
Medicine Ball - 2.5/5 meh, nothing special to say about this; filler
Paul - skit
Stay Wide Awake - 4.5/5 good, I was about to drag the folder into the recycle bin if another garbage song came on in a row
Old Times Sake - 2.5/5 Dr. Dre raised this by 1/2 to 1 point; that tells you enough.
Must Be the Ganja - 2.5/5 not much I can say... default "weed track"
Deja Vu - 4.5/5 another nice relief from the previous mediocrity, really liked this track
Beautiful - 3/5 the chorus is just RIDICULOUSLY corny, i forced myself not to press "next" every time it came on.
Crack a Bottle - 1/5 no comments needed
Steve Berman - skit
Underground - 4/5, good

Overall, it was just too inconsistent, randomly thrown together with only the addict/killer/rapist mentions holding it together. A couple good songs, a few lame attempts at mainstream hits; and the rest are just "meh" type songs, a bit better than what I expected, but short of anything special. Clearly, Em has the skill to make great music but he just refuses to take it to that level. 7/10.
This dude's got to be Nick Cannon, for shizzle.

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by raw spice

Originally Posted by BWS FOOT SOLDIER

roll.gif

but even so, if you're over 25 ( ala mature), take into account that you're not the prime demographic of eminems music, so chances are you are going to dislike it indefinitely. With that in mind,(if this is you) you shouldn't be broadcasting your opinion/review of this music as if it matters...
If that is true though then the same applies for all rappers. No one over the age of 25, married and with kids should be broadcasting a review of any rapper as if it matters...not just Eminem...

eminem is 35 so what does that mean? he needs to make more grown up music?
"So are we husslin or are we grown up? Seems like every time I hear you, you switchin your tone up." - Joe Budden Talk To Um

If Em started spittin "grown and sexy" Ace of Spades tight joint music dudes would be in here more salty then they already are.

BTW I finally cracked
eyes.gif
smh.gif
laugh.gif
.....i cantwait till the 19th. Will be putting this on my iPod in a minute. I am a biased Em listener (actually liked Encore, took it as a comedy Em and not TES Em) sooooyou can already guess what I am going to say about this album.

I heard that MEB posted his review, so I finally took him off my ignore list (yes I ignored dude. Tired of little attention craving dudes on NT specially inthe music forum) and read his review. For him to give it a "mainstream"
eyes.gif
7/10 then it must actually be good. Thanks for the review. *ignored once again*

-The Juice

Wow I just caught the Underground beat after the 3rd listen (been caught up on other songs). Reminds me of how Luda perfectly spit on the beat Meth and Redgave him on Stung.

I dont see how people can say this is reminiscent of TES. Maybe parts of the MMLP but, this is quite obviously a SSLP sequel if anything.

The following are tracks that, to me, are similar to each other in regards to subject matter and/or sound.

Isane = Brain Damage
Hello = I'm Shady
Deja Vu = Rock Bottom
Medicine Ball/Stay Wide Awake = Just Dont Give A F*ck
Same Song and Dance = 97 Bonnie and Clyde
Underground = Still Dont Give A F*ck

Granted you can't really juxtapose every song with one of the SSLP, but in regards to content it is most easily equated to SSLP.

Overall the album does get more impressive with every listen, especially since the standout tracks are standouts in regards to his entire catalog not just thisalbum. Beautiful, Underground, Deja Vu, and Stay Wide Awake are some of his best songs period not just off of Relapse.

Drop off Crack a Bottle, Ol Time's Sake (He should have picked one or the other and not both) and We Made You (The obligatory goofy track) and theres notone bad song on this album...

The only song on the album I dont like is Must Be the Ganja. Other than that this album is sick. Now I am waiting on that new Red and Meth.

must be the ganjas 2nd verse is one of the best on the album ... spin that !+%! back one time for me right quick

What's crazy is the fact that the songs that Em decided to release (save 3am) are the worst songs on the album.

His single decisions never cease to amaze me. Crack A Bottle, We Made You and Old Times Sake don't even fit in with the tone of the album.

Anyway, back to listening to it
smile.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

What's crazy is the fact that the songs that Em decided to release (save 3am) are the worst songs on the album.

His single decisions never cease to amaze me. Crack A Bottle, We Made You and Old Times Sake don't even fit in with the tone of the album.

smile.gif
100% agreed. Why the hell is "Crack A Bottle" even on this album? That shouldnt have made it and he should've thrown "I'mHaving A Relapse" on as number 2.

well even tho Crack A Bottle shouldn't be on the ablum, the song leaked and was never planned to be a single and ended up being number 10 on billboard.I'm sure that was the labels decision to put the song on the album.
Love this album though.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

smile.gif
i was JUST about to post this. In my opinion those are the three worst tracks on the album.

and those are also the 3 most loved tracks by the mainstream cd buying population ... you ever been to a majority white club and hear crack a bottle and wemade you come on?

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

and those are also the 3 most loved tracks by the mainstream cd buying population ... you ever been to a majority white club and hear crack a bottle and we made you come on?

smh geezus christ............

where did you get this info from?

eminem can do no wrong by you.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

and those are also the 3 most loved tracks by the mainstream cd buying population ... you ever been to a majority white club and hear crack a bottle and we made you come on?

I enjoy hearing crack a bottle and we made you when im partying/out but when i'm just chilling listening to the album i'll skip over them. they arestrictly party songs for me. i still think the 3 singles are the 3 worst tracks on the album. overall tho this album is great, i love it.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

smh geezus christ............

where did you get this info from?

eminem can do no wrong by you.

see this is a classic case of ignorance ... when did i say he cant do no wrong? i skip we made you just like everyone else on the album, but im not blind tothe reason why its on the cd ... you got 10-16 year old white girls and boys bumpin that $!+% all day every day on their ipod touch ... same with OTS ...theres a reason why songs rise to the top of itunes after a day of being out ... NUMBERS DONT LIE ... and he drops 3am just to let his old fan base know"hey, its me eminem, back with some sick $!+% like i used to do" ...

its not about stanning or doing know wrong, its about understanding marketing strategies and capitalizing on your appeal ...

I enjoy hearing crack a bottle and we made you when im partying/out but when i'm just chilling listening to the album i'll skip over them. they are strictly party songs for me. i still think the 3 singles are the 3 worst tracks on the album. overall tho this album is great, i love it.
you and me both ... hey lurkin, if your diet/workout/regime/cycle allows you to drink alcohol, go get drunk at a college town bar and wait tillone of these songs come on ... not only will you be singing along, but you will genuinely enjoy the atmosphere ...

album sounds forced...production is decent and em still has his flow..i dunno..i grew up and i just can't get with em like i use to....this album is madefor the south park demographic.

Back
Top Bottom