Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

Originally Posted by Essential1

Originally Posted by glasses

Originally Posted by glasses

In a genre where you cannot be stagnant he is the definition of stagnation...

To criticize an artist being stagnant then mention Jay-z in the same breath as the contrary
roll.gif

my god, i hope that was sarcasm on your part.

by the way, when people refer to "he's back" means he's BACK TO WHAT HE USED TO BE. What is the thought process of thinking that "he might have re-invented himself" from that statement?

He hasn't grown? He has inspiring, motivational, love, gritty, funny, and metaphorical songs all on one album, what the #+$@ more do you want?

essentially, your opinion sucks.
Of course I know what He's Back means.... But being back to the what he used to be, would require him to be different, and take it to a new level Which he didn't. So he's back isn't he's back to what Eminem is capable of. He's back means he is doing exactly what he used to do. Same dumb stories  that have no logical depth or intellectual curiosity that writers need...I'm not asking him to be Nas, and I don't even really like Underground Rappers.. What I am saying is have a point, a central idea, something that makes some sort of sense.. If not he is nothing more than a highly talented Wakka Flocka.

He does show some growth and it shows in the ratings of songs but he also shows he hasn't learned a thing from Relapse and tells the same songs as he always does.. And funny does not mean you have to risk storyline.. Kanye West has some funny songs but they still have a core. It is not some random thrown together words, that he can rhyme together calculatingly, with a fast pace flow and complicated rhyme structure. Em is packaging air in a gucci bag. There are times where he is inspirational, motivating (25 to Life) and straight up rapping no BS content (No Love) but he also has songs that are full of nothing but complicated delivery that really are not growth at all (W.T.P., Cold Wind Blows)
so...... talkin to myself, going through changes, space bound, not afraid, 25 to life, and youre never over are equivalent to a waka flocka peice of work?

seriously, just stop.

You want EVERY SINGLE SONG on the album to have some sort of deep meaning to it? Every album has it's singles, which is fluffer, your point is moot.

My opinion might suck, but yours is particularly bad.
Doesn't have to have a deep meaning.. Have some sort of meaning that isn't the same everytime.. This guy claims to be so anti-establishment, and so against and critical of his single driven songs, Why does he continue to make them?

Check my ratings the better songs are the more deep songs and even the songs that are not particularly deep but have a central idea that makes some sort of coherent unit called a song(No Love)...

Highly Talented Wakka Flocka means the guy (Em) has talent but is doing nothing different than what Wakka Flocka does.. Which is make something that sounds nice on a beat (crazy flow and rhyme scheme to match the beat. Not make the beat round out what he is saying)...Has no purpose, no inspiration, no life to it.. W.T.P. comes to mind..   

He is trying too hard to make people say "wow that was a crazy flow", instead of doing something natural where people say "wow that was a good song".  That's where he lost it.. He is no longer about the music, he is about the impression

i'm done responding to you. you're so hung up on WTP, like since that song is on the album it renders the entire album useless. It's a club song, what don't you get?

if i cared enough, which i don't, i could draw the same comparisons and far much worse with jay z....

Cold Wind Blows, WTP, Cinderella Man, On Fire, Won't Back Down, Love The Way You Lie, Untitled (I don't have to be hung up on one song he gives plenty of examples, WTP being the worst)

He dropped a weak album which still comes out to be ok.. But 3 weak albums in a row, THREE... This is like watching Doug on Disney Saturdays. It still has some value but it is nowhere near what it used to be on Nickelodeon, and it gets absolutely dreadful at times..

Eminem with club songs who is he 50 Cent? Gucci Mane? And if it is the club song, whatever club plays it, is by far the worst club ever...

Far worse... Come on man.. Stop it..

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Goin through Changes is arguably the most solid song on Recovery.
Just found out he sampled Black Sabbath on that one.
I'm giving this album a listen, after i thought his career was over about 4 years ago. The chorus from "Space Bound" is
smile.gif

if you know who Black Sabbath is how could you not know that's Ozzy?

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

--Goin through Changes is arguably the most solid song on Recovery.
Just found out he sampled Black Sabbath on that one.
I'm giving this album a listen, after i thought his career was over about 4 years ago. The chorus from "Space Bound" is
smile.gif

if you know who Black Sabbath is how could you not know that's Ozzy?

posers still exist...

This is album is the exact definition of what Eminem has always been and always will be but it's just done more skillfully with wordplay and delivery. Is it his best work, that's for your opinion to decide but to say that he's fallen so much and doesn't do what he used to is just false. All of his albums have had concept songs, club/single songs and just flat out punchline songs. That's what's always made Eminem so great was his delivery, wordplay and punchlines. I mean there are the same amount of punchline/shock value songs on Recovery as there are on the MMLP, it's just that MMLP has "Stan" and "I Am" and those songs are hands down untouchable as far as beat, concept, lyrics, delivery and all around cohesiveness. But Recovery has concept songs as well with lots of punchline tracks, like all his albums sans Encore and Relapse (with Relapse just being too much about raping and killing and the cartoon voice).

Me personally I think this is the best thing he's done since TES and that album is hard to go back to like somebody else said earlier. I loved that album when it came out but I rarely every listen to it (probably because it has songs far worse than "W.T.P" like "Superman"). Truthfully the only albums of his that have ultimate replay value are MMLP, SSEP (Not the LP because when they remixed songs like "Just the Two of Us" for the LP it completely ruined the song) and now Recovery. Only time will tell if Recovery holds the same replay value in the future but right now this is the most I've listened to an Eminem album upon it's release in a long time. So I know everyone is wanting something so revolutionary but in reality it's revolutionary for him because he finally got back to what made people take notice in the first place and now he's perfected the method of delivering it.

And I've yet to hear anyone comment on Recovery that it's nice to just get 17 whole tracks and not a bunch of worthless intros mixed in. Yeah it's funny to hear Paul whine and moan about how twisted his lyrics are but that's something that I'm happy to see gone. Just get straight to the music, intros are over and need to be omitted from hip-hop albums forever.

WOW at the superman statement....i absolutely love that song. CLASSIC.

But as far as this album goes. 1 solid week in the car and i dont see it coming out anytime soon, ill throw other stuff in for a few every now and then but 1- 17 with no skips for me, only song i could maybe skip is WTP but i havent yet. This has a chance at AOY for me. Some of these reviews r hilarious, blatantly givin it bad reviews just to hate, i can see it....

ALBUM is flames. End of discussion.

This is album is the exact definition of what Eminem has always been and always will be but it's just done more skillfully with wordplay and delivery. Is it his best work, that's for your opinion to decide but to say that he's fallen so much and doesn't do what he used to is just false

ALBUM is flames. End of discussion.

Don't get me wrong, I love these ho's
It's no secret, everybody knows
Yeah we !%$$**, *@$@# so what, that's about as far as your buddy goes
We'll be friends, i'll call you again, i'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car i'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then
You don't want that, neither do I, I don't want to flip when I see you with guys
Too much pride, between you and I
Not a jealous man, but females lie
But I guess that's just what sluts do, how could it ever be just us two
I'd never love you enough to trust you, we just met and I just !%$$** you...

you trippin up there jc7682628er ...

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

We'll be friends, i'll call you again, i'll chase you around every bar you attend
Never know what kind of car i'll be in, we'll see how much you'll be partying then
You don't want that, neither do I, I don't want to flip when I see you with guys

So if Superman is so great with a generic beat and terrible chorus and he just talks about sluts, then why is W.T.P. not the same.

Originally Posted by jc619er

So if Superman is so great with a generic beat and terrible chorus and he just talks about sluts, then why is W.T.P. not the same.

i'm just gonna say me and you arent on the same page with this one my man
laugh.gif

Only song I ain't really feeling is the dedication to Proof track.

Superman is
pimp.gif
too

But then again, I like WTP too
laugh.gif

Superman was
pimp.gif
lol..I keep changing my mind on my favorite songs on this album..My current favorites are:25 to lifeGoing through changesSpace boundno love

he wrecks the im so cold and your on fire songs, matter fact he wrecks every song, even the one with pink. one of his best albums for sure, cant wait till the next one drops.

I gotta be one of the only people that likes WTP
laugh.gif

Week 1 and its still getting spins.

"Settle your %+#+#+! #%* down. I'm ready for combat man! Get it, calm batman"
pimp.gif

^ im feeling white trash party to. looking like a zombie from the night of the living dead and tomorrow ill still be to high to get out of bed.

man everybody thinks that going through changes is the best song on the album. actually on a lyrical standpoint that song is one of my least favorite. yeah its personal and close to home but none of the bars in that song compare to the bars he's spitting in the other 16 tracks. this cd wont come out of the deck for months.

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

one of my favorite EM song's for exactly those lines. Describes what I'm going through perfectly right now

Back
Top Bottom