Official Eminem *Recovery* post Vol. 7th studio album 6/22/10

People complain about production, but this CD's production > Em's usual redundant 'dark' sounding beats. See: Relapse. That alone makes this CD have more replay value than Relapse. What people are really overlooking though is how Em rips basically every song. TML is the same lyrical material throughout the whole CD, with good beats. Two different CDs for sure, but I'm more impressed with what Em came with than what Drake did.

This album put Eminem leaps and bounds above any other rapper alive. (as if he wasn't there already, this puts the naysayers to silence) It's an insult to mention "drake" in the same breath as Eminem. Eminem is a living legend, drake won't be around in 3 years.

Recovery has no replay value? Why don't you say what you really mean, and say you can't listen to it in a nightclub, because this album only gets better with repeated listens.

Its funny/odd reading reviews about Em. Cause I remember a time pre-'04 when people werent even on hip-hop message boards and the general consensus was that Eminem is dope. But now it seems like a lot of you just need something to say, something to nitpick at. And some of you say it's whack just to go against the grain.

It's cool though, I've done that a few times myself. Going in to listen to an album, already with the mindset that I'm not going to like it, so in return I never really hear the music.....I just simply hear what I want to hear, and what I wanted to hear was a whack album, just so I can write it off as bad album and have something to say about it.

also I
eyes.gif
roll.gif
when people say MMLP is Em's best album. Just my opinion though

-The Juice

roll.gif

so I'm looking at this thread and the drake thread, and MusicalExcellence is in here steady hating, and in the other thread first thing I read from him is

"wanye and drake album would go off"

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

roll.gif

so I'm looking at this thread and the drake thread, and MusicalExcellence is in here steady hating, and in the other thread first thing I read from him is

"wanye and drake album would go off"

roll.gif
Why are you surprised?

He wrote the book on "how to be a troll 101"

He doesn't even believe what he says, just does it for the attention

Originally Posted by sofly4life88

tml is better imo...

Em has lost it and i dont think he can recover and get back to his old form... 

indifferent.gif
  you havent heard the album....you couldnt have....

Damn this is a good album, but while I was listening to his older stuff like I'm Back, Patiently Waiting, Drug Ballad.... it's like he's not even tryin and hes killin these songs. I agree with people saying he's trying too hard. It's definitely a different type of em. Good, but not old em/ slim shady.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Remi23

Damn Kind OF WISH he went at Wayne & Kanye

why? he woulda got his @@* handed to him like he said...
Kanye wouldn't have done anything and if he did, Em would have killed him.
Thats a guarantee. Em is playing nice right now.

Originally Posted by Someone From Another Forum

I #+$*@## hate it when people do this.

When %@#$*@+ want

Eminem to make anotehr MMLP or TES
Nas to make another Illmatic
Kanye to make another College Dropout
Jay-Z to make another Blueprint or Reasonable Doubt.

You pussys need to be grateful these guys are giving out music, still.

What? You want Eminem to keep rapping about homosexuals, killing, and corny jokes?

THIS GUY IS #+$*@## 37 YOU IDIOTS. Hes not a little kid no more.
When he first came in the mainstream game he was 27.

#+$*@## pricks. Yall not even buying the album so whats your point?
This album is FAR from terrible. Im not saying this album is the next MMLP
BUT, its still excellent. Especially in this time of music.

%@#$*@+.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by LuigiTheKing

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

You wanna know why I always thought he was wack and why ppl think he sucks now. Cuz his personality is boring and his character is corny and dislikable. He is a techniqually awesome rapper. But has no real substance. If you have a great personality it doesn't make you a good rapper but ppl would be more interested to hear what you have to say.

Back in the day he was on drugs and was exciting. Ppl were shocked to hear what he's gonna say and do next like DMX. Now he's just saying stupid stuff to be a parody of what he used to be or be like lil wayne. Alot of punchlines on this like hes trying hard to prove to ppl he's good. Like he has no confidence in himself... You just cant respect someone that's trying to spill his soul and still doesn't know what hes talking about.

He's just lying all over this album.. cuz he has no real life to talk about..

Only weirdo nerds like Eminem now.. Im not talking out my butt neither.

When I hear these kids listening to that chop ppl up eminem music I get scared.. cuz they look mad Virginia Tech

Somewhat agree with this post..

I won't buy "Recovery", but download it when higher quality grouprips drop on the release date..
How are you gonna call someone's personality boring and corny when you're a Drake fan?

girls, money, liquor, and weed > whatever the hell eminem raps about
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess so if you like cliche', boring, meaningless and talentless rap. 

Originally Posted by Star Scream

Originally Posted by Someone From Another Forum

I #+$*@## hate it when people do this.

When %@#$*@+ want

Eminem to make anotehr MMLP or TES
Nas to make another Illmatic
Kanye to make another College Dropout
Jay-Z to make another Blueprint or Reasonable Doubt.

You pussys need to be grateful these guys are giving out music, still.

What? You want Eminem to keep rapping about homosexuals, killing, and corny jokes?

THIS GUY IS #+$*@## 37 YOU IDIOTS. Hes not a little kid no more.
When he first came in the mainstream game he was 27.

#+$*@## pricks. Yall not even buying the album so whats your point?
This album is FAR from terrible. Im not saying this album is the next MMLP
BUT, its still excellent. Especially in this time of music.

%@#$*@+.
Agreed.
Agreed x2.

This album has ZERO replay value. His yelling flow is boring. He's not saying anything either. Production is borderline awful & this is after 3 solid spins. I'm trying to tolerate all the singing & I can't.

Originally Posted by zokid

This album has ZERO replay value. His yelling flow is boring. He's not saying anything either. Production is borderline awful & this is after 3 solid spins. I'm trying to tolerate all the singing & I can't.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by zokid

so what albums do you like? im just curious ...

zokid wrote:
This album has ZERO replay value. His yelling flow is boring. He's not saying anything either. Production is borderline awful & this is after 3 solid spins. I'm trying to tolerate all the singing & I can't

indifferent.gif
. I feel like I must be either missing a joke, or have a completely different album. I know everyone has their opinion. But its one thing to say that you're not feeling some aspects of this album, but many of the above statements are just
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom