Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

Yeah ive long reconciled the quality of Dragonball. I watch/read purely for fanservice and nostalgia.

I think what happened is other manga/anime have come to prominence since dragonball that can be both action packed and have a detailed well plotted entertaining story. Showing fans they can have both while dragonball continues to lack.

For all the arguing and criticizing in all those time the best Toriyama has given us from a higher level of storytelling is the Saiyan saga and Cell saga and those implemented some pretty basic storytelling techniques.

Movie was cool. Actually dug the animation style. Story was meh and totally unecessary power up by Lohan.

Also big FU to Toriyama for that token after credit scene. I was not amused.

I won’t lie. I wish Disney would buy Dragon Ball. I want more movies, cartoons, and mangas. I know, I know. Y’all say look what they did to Star Wars.
Won’t happen simply cuz of how Japan’s manga industry operates.

Similar to how Sony won’t be bought any time soon in its entirety.

New chapter is out
Is Frieza invited to the cookout now? Does he have permission to say "that word" freely without consequences? :lol:
1660924116719.png

Why not call himself Onyx Frieza? Onyx…like gold.

That chapter definitely look like a transition for something big. Looks like Toyatora is taking a break from the manga. Wonder why that is?

Interested in what happens next but I wish Freeza just had another full evolution ( like his brother) instead of a new color swap. I know his final form is pretty iconic though so I get it.

Hope hes a villain moving forward

The whole “I’m not here for you” line that frieza said to goku and vegeta after the hit punched makes me wonder what he meant. I know the heaters called him expecting gas to take him out but freiza made it seem like he was just stopping through

If sounded like Elec expected Gas to quickly dispatch Goku, Vegeta and Granolah then Frieza.

What didn’t make sense was the wish Gas and Granolah made? Why wouldn’t it reflect Frieza or Broly? And why wouldn’t they use Broly for the Gas fight?

And who is the strongest in the universe? It sounds like Whis aware of another?

What about Universe 11?

If sounded like Elec expected Gas to quickly dispatch Goku, Vegeta and Granolah then Frieza.

What didn’t make sense was the wish Gas and Granolah made? Why wouldn’t it reflect Frieza or Broly? And why wouldn’t they use Broly for the Gas fight?

And who is the strongest in the universe? It sounds like Whis aware of another?

What about Universe 11?

The ROSAT is considered another dimension so when the wish was made it didn’t factor frieza in. As far as broly is concerned, the only real explanation is that at this point in time, goku and vegeta with ultra ego and ultra instinct are stronger than broly who hasn’t learned to tame his power yet.

The interesting question is who was whis talking about? And it’s also interesting that prophecy is popping back up again

Back
Top Bottom