Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

So back in the Revenge of the F well?

Where is the anime? Besides the Fortnight stuff (I kid, I kid), Dragon Ball been stuck in neutral.

im more than likely looking way to deep into this but i get the feeling that theyre gearing up for an arc where theyre going to be facing a multi universe threat.

theyve scaled up damn near the entire main cast beyond god level now based on the info provided.

goku
vegeta
granola
frieza
gohan
piccolo
broly
android 17 (honorable mention)

whats toyotaro and toriyama gearing up for where everybody has to be that strong?

Good question. I just want them to acknowledge it.

That run to the Universal Tournament was great and had a pay off (because it seemed pushed by the anime). Give the hype, less filler.

Taking my daughter to see the movie btw lol. She loves Demon Slayer. Want to see how she responds to the OG.

They need to just stick to figures and video games now.

This was a disgrace and slap in the face.

what gives you that idea?

no shade just genuinely curious

If the spoilers geekdom reviewed are true, there’s a heavy implication that a greater threat looming. After revealing that frieza was training for the equivalent of 10 Years in the ROSAT, goku asks if frieza was the warrior from the prophecy at the beginning of the battle of gods, and whis says that there’s another power in the universe that’s awakening. Also freiza was pretty cryptic about why he decided to do that training and not kill goku and vegeta on the spot.

If the spoilers geekdom reviewed are true, there’s a heavy implication that a greater threat looming. After revealing that frieza was training for the equivalent of 10 Years in the ROSAT, goku asks if frieza was the warrior from the prophecy at the beginning of the battle of gods, and whis says that there’s another power in the universe that’s awakening. Also freiza was pretty cryptic about why he decided to do that training and not kill goku and vegeta on the spot.
Gohan going full blanco in the manga :nthat:

all i can say is i wish i had your optimism

i also don’t believe anything that lame geekdom says

dude is not plugged in at all compared to how he wants you to believe but always on the internet puffing his chest out

all i can say is i wish i had your optimism

i also don’t believe anything that lame geekdom says

dude is not plugged in at all compared to how he wants you to believe but always on the internet puffing his chest out

The leaked chapter summaries don’t come from him They come from @DBSchronicles on Twitter who just has summaries of the raw manga releases in Japan. They always release a day or 2 before the chapter releases in English. So this isn’t a “someone who knows someone who works at toei told me this” kinda leak :lol: he’s just reporting on what other people do.

As far as my optimism goes, I just think you guys have a much higher bar for super to be considered good than I do lol. As long as characters are getting stronger, the enemies get interesting, and they add in a bit of fan service whether it’s bringing back old characters, making interesting new characters, and deepening our understanding/building out the lore I’m good with super as a whole because every arc has checked off that box. Looks like the next arc is gearing up for the same.

Last edited:
Lmao this is crazy. I just came across the spoilers. LOLLLLLL DRAGONBALL going off the deep end. But I'm still gonna read/watch.

The leaked chapter summaries don’t come from him They come from @DBSchronicles on Twitter who just has summaries of the raw manga releases in Japan. They always release a day or 2 before the chapter releases in English. So this isn’t a “someone who knows someone who works at toei told me this” kinda leak :lol: he’s just reporting on what other people do.

As far as my optimism goes, I just think you guys have a much higher bar for super to be considered good than I do lol. As long as characters are getting stronger, the enemies get interesting, and they add in a bit of fan service whether it’s bringing back old characters, making interesting new characters, and deepening our understanding/building out the lore I’m good with super as a whole because every arc has checked off that box. Looks like the next arc is gearing up for the same.

the thing is that my bar is so incredibly low and they don’t even hit that

so we going the frieza thing for a FOURTH time now??

and for him to just dip after he could’ve easily killed goku and vegeta right there??

it’s uncharacteristic and just bad writing :lol:

toriyama doesn't build lore anymore either, he makes up plot devices or retcons to move the story along and never speak of them again

we have 11 other universes that we could be looking into, four of which we know zero about bc they were too strong to compete in the ToP

where are they at?? nope can’t think about them the arc is over

these last two arcs have been structurally the exact same and that dragon ball formula is just so tired at this point

every arc it’s a new power up with a new name deadass out of the blue with no explanation

not even holding a candle to its immediate contemporaries at this point, which is also why it’s sales are always ***

the thing is that my bar is so incredibly low and they don’t even hit that

so we going the frieza thing for a FOURTH time now??

and for him to just dip after he could’ve easily killed goku and vegeta right there??

it’s uncharacteristic and just bad writing :lol:

toriyama doesn't build lore anymore either, he makes up plot devices or retcons to move the story along and never speak of them again

we have 11 other universes that we could be looking into, four of which we know zero about bc they were too strong to compete in the ToP

where are they at?? nope can’t think about them the arc is over

these last two arcs have been structurally the exact same and that dragon ball formula is just so tired at this point

every arc it’s a new power up with a new name deadass out of the blue with no explanation

not even holding a candle to its immediate contemporaries at this point, which is also why it’s sales are always ***

i guess my bar is lower? :lol: or just different? i dont look to dragon ball to get a one piece experience. im here for the same power ups and fights that i enjoyed as a kid. and personally i like the way toyotarou sprinkles in calls to the past like in the revival arc freiza mentions king cold told him to never mess with beerus or majin buu. or with this whole bardock sequence in this arc and how it tied back to goku and his evolution. or bringing back the grand supreme kai in the moro arc flushing out buu a little bit more in the present by bringing back an aspect of the past. im also here for the fan service. im a fan of everything surrounding broly right now outside of the fact that he hasnt really taken the stage again. both tournaments laid the ground for work for a lot of futrue stuff that can be expounded on in later arcs (hopefully). frieza getting another power up after training with the foreshadowing that he might not even be the main antagonist is something that sound pretty interesting to me. i love the fact that theyre further flushing out universe 6. the cerlealians, the heaters, the galactic patrol. the on going question of "whos the strongest in the universe?"

its not perfect story telling by any means but in the damn near 20 year gap between z and super i got really invested in the characters what they could and couldnt do, the cannon beyond the series of things like dragon ball online and the daizenshuu. to me everything that develops adds more data points to the characters, lore, to lesser extent the story.

thats the kind of stuff im here for and fortunately for me theyre giving me a ton of that even if the story isnt exactly novel

I won’t lie. I wish Disney would buy Dragon Ball. I want more movies, cartoons, and mangas. I know, I know. Y’all say look what they did to Star Wars.

absolutely. with everything that that toei/toriyama/toyotauro are putting down its seems like itll be impossible to really touch on everything without creating shows that are off shoots. unless they plan on literally keeping the story going for the next 10 years but then again battle of the gods is approaching its 10 year anniversary and the beginning of the tournament of power aired 5 years ago which is wild. so maybe they can stretch it out for another 10 years.

but apparently during the anime hiatus toei decided to shift focus towards a long term plan for dragon ball with movies releasing every 2-3 years (according to geekdom)

Back
Top Bottom