Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

:lol:
It’s lit again?
Its aight man. :lol:
The last few chapters are up on viz.com for free but I don't remember how many chapters this arc goes back. It might just be three and if that's the case then you'll be caught up on viz if not then you might have to grab the first chapter or so somewhere else.

Broly is such a badass. Fighting SSB in base form.

Just realized in making him canon now Toriyama also made him even more powerful than he originally was.

I dunno. With Super, the power scaling is so inconsistent. It just seems plot driven now. Not Heroes stupid...but getting there.

The original character made sense since he was just fighting Super Saiyans. But fighting characters with decades of fighting experiences (and Broly having none) and them having God Ki. They could have at least given him a form to make it make sense.

I do like that Toriyama humanized him vice the genocidal maniac we got in the original. Also, the lame Vegeta freezing storyline was dumb. It’s the opposite of the character.

I dunno. With Super, the power scaling is so inconsistent. It just seems plot driven now. Not Heroes stupid...but getting there.

The original character made sense since he was just fighting Super Saiyans. But fighting characters with decades of fighting experiences (and Broly having none) and them having God Ki. They could have at least given him a form to make it make sense.
The thing that seems to have stuck and I keep in mind is that Broly is the legendary super saiyan. Not Goku, not any of the other bums.

It doesn't matter if Goku reached SS7 ultra instinct god mode and merged with all the dragons. The longer you fight Broly and play around "enjoying the fight" the stronger he will get. He's a walking zenkai boost.

That fighting experience **** does not mean anything when on a basic level your opponent continues to get stronger, faster, and more powerful than you.

Besides he only fought Goku, Vegeta, Frieza, and took swings at Whis which he all dodged that basically gave them time.

Its not like he killed Zeno.

i’d bet money this new Broly never even comes back to a main plot line :lol:

i could see him in a filler arc for fan service but he’s too broken to bring back with any seriousness

dude was keeping up with SSJ Gogeta after 15 minutes of his first fight ever

he ain't even anymore interesting than OG Broly he just got a better backstory

i could see him in a filler arc for fan service but he’s too broken to bring back with any seriousness

The rumor was he is going to show up during this current arc.

Would kinda make sense to buy time.

They never touched on the Legendary Super Saiyan in the movie. At least I don’t remember. In the original, they did.

And I’m interested in how they tie the Heeterz, Frieza, Goku/Vegeta, Broly and Granolah.

They never touched on the Legendary Super Saiyan in the movie. At least I don’t remember. In the original, they did.

And I’m interested in how they tie the Heeterz, Frieza, Goku/Vegeta, Broly and Granolah.
yeah i’m almost positive they never referred to him as that in the movie

Exactly. So he’s never fought. And he’s fighting two of the universes best fighters who possess god ki. I know, I know. Suspension of disbelief. It was all for the story.

The original made sense as Broly was a genocidal maniac. He conquered and destroyed. He also was the legendary super saiyan.

Here’s hoping for a complete fourth Super movie. Also hopefully they don’t adopt the movies into the anime.

WELL THAT'S WHAT HE IS TO ME DAMNIT!

and do what though?
Well like I said buy time given he's probably the only one that can fight Granolah and not inevitably lose.

But in general he'd do what anyone else in Dragonball does, fight.

what purpose does he serve??
That can be revealed by the storytellers.

It's not like Vegeta actually serves a purpose.

what does he add???
The same thing Goku does? Cool fights.

dude barely speaks ****ing english
So did Fat Buu and the rest didn't at all. Still a dope villain.

You're asking these questions as if Dragonball is anything more than a battle manga. It has a little drama and some tragedy but for the most part its the watch Goku in cool fights and power up with new transformations show. Broly adds more of that.

FB_IMG_1621772457115.jpg

How much money? Does another canon movie count?:lol:

5BA6FD9D-38B1-4A3D-A7FE-93A81B2B2930.jpeg

yeah i don’t think he’ll be in the new movie unless it’s a small not canon plot line
I mean Akira Toriama himself is calling the upcoming project Dragon Ball Super: Broly. Would be weird for Broly to not play a significant role.

edit, read that wrong he’s referring to last movie

he might not have any roll at all, you’re right

So we’re saying Broly would have no issue with Jiren or merged Zamasu?
Eventually, no with Jiren.

Zamasu becomes a problem when he merges with the entire universe. Also when immortal Zamasu merges with mortal Goku Black he effectively becomes weaker if only cuz he can now be killed.

Back
Top Bottom