Official DragonBall Z Thread. R.I.P Akira Toriyama. You will be missed

The actual explanation is that Toei and Toriyama don't give a ****

I believe this 100%

But to be honest, at least Trunks got a movie, 2 sagas and got to meet himself future/present

Chi-Chi basically said **** all that saving the world, Gohan is washed, Goten is going to stay in the house

Goku ****ing aged bro :lol:

Yeah Goku grew between killing King Piccolo and fighting Jr.

Unlike Goten and Trunks, Goku has shown signs of aging from subtle to noticeable as hell.
2018-08-17_11-40-36.png

He was short and pudgy when the show first drops and as his training with Master Roshi hit, he thinned out a little and got taller but this makes sense. He will always have the most dramatic changes. He's the main character.

I think between the 2nd tournament and the Saiyan saga it was less of him aging and more of the artists just went a new direction with the characters animation style

Goku is looking extra swole in that Saiyan saga pic tho :rofl:

I don’t remember him being that brolic until fighting freeza

The first time Toriyama made Goku OD brolic was when he fought Vegeta.

But he was swole as **** at 15 when he fought Piccolo too. The "Goku was small too" argument is whack.

Screenshot_20180817-120003_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20180817-120031_Chrome.jpg

Gohan's design constantly changed as well as he got older.

Look at Saiyan Saga Gohan vs Namek Saga vs when Trunks showed up vs three years later when Androids 19/20 showed up vs when he came out the time chamber.

Last edited:
Whoa, explain

Because this is the trunks I remember when Gohan died

maxresdefault.jpg

He’s got to be somewhere between 13-15 right there

My assumption was, Gohan, Goten, and Trunks are all half Saiyan, so they age closer to what humans age. (See teenage Gohan in high school, or actually just compare how Gohan looked when he taught Cell to future trunks when Gohan died. They look similar in age)
yep that pic is 13-14 yr old Trunks in the Future timeline. present-Trunks is also 13-14 yrs old right now, hence why ppl are mad

Also miss me with that Goku ****. Goku was 15 when fighting Piccolo but he was actually taller and more muscular than he had been three years prior when fighting Red Ribbon.

This was explicitly commented on by other characters when he returned from his three year training

Goku ****ing aged bro :lol:

he.. still looked like the same baby. yea, muscular... from rigorous training. what training trunks n goten been doing other than being professional momma's boys studying all day? their dads are the ones always training, & fighting... they really left it all up to they pops. they're so not serious about fighting that goku n vegeta didnt even bother considering them to be part of the ToP.

as for the height thing. present-Trunks been in the gravity thing vegeta trains in, so maybe that tampered with his height, n goten is still 12-13 so wait for him to be 15 to see if he got a tiny bit taller like Goku did.

at the end of the day, these are all excuses. cuz in reality, future trunks looks much older than present trunks at the same age.

the reality is (either any of the following, a combo of a few, or all of the below)
a) toriyama & toei forgot
b) they dgaf
c) modern art has made ALL characters shinier, less muscular, and less detailed in their toning. idk if it's to make animes look "cuter" or to not make feel wimpy or fat kids bad about themselves (or to just make them more relatable) but w/e. EVERYONE is skinny as hell. compare DBZ future trunks to DBS future trunks... one is shredded the other is skinny. Tien got his roids removed. ETC.
d) TOEI wants goten & trunks to remain looking like kids to apease or relate to children.

in any case, i dont care tbh

c) modern art has made ALL characters shinier, less muscular, and less detailed in their toning. idk if it's to make animes look "cuter" or to not make feel wimpy or fat kids bad about themselves (or to just make them more relatable) but w/e.

It's to make them easier to draw and allow for more fluid animation without getting off-model.

Big brolic characters just aren't all that trendy in pop culture in general either so a lot of artists aren't feeling much influence to go in that direction.

yep that pic is 13-14 yr old Trunks in the Future timeline. present-Trunks is also 13-14 yrs old right now, hence why ppl are mad

When your planet is being eradicated and your OG just got washed in front of your eyes, you gotta grow up fast.

Goten and (present) Trunks ain't bout that life.

When your planet is being eradicated and your OG just got washed in front of your eyes, you gotta grow up fast.

Goten and (present) Trunks ain't bout that life.
agreed

different lifestyles (even if u are the same person) will probably change physical growth for sure

if in Universe A: I eat anything
Universe B: Im a vegan
Universe C: I only eat sweets

im sure ill look different in all 3, including height differences, body composition, attitudes towards life, etc

they're both trunks, but they're both extremely different too, so i guess that should be considered as well....

Future Trunks has the most stressful life of all Dragon Ball characters.

could you imagine a fathers sons kamahamaha final flash to beat Broly? I don't even know how it would work but I'd take it over another goofy spirit bomb. I don't care if Goku gets energy from all of the other universes.

Gohan and Kefla double ring out fighting each other

Roll out the red carpet for Lohan fans :lol:

LOL this the type of **** y'all ****** post :pimp: to

Screenshot_20180817-162450_Instagram.jpg

I will always be on the Super is trash bandwagon, come at me I want all the smoke.

somebody need to drop that bag on toyo's head... the **** is this moron doing? :rofl: gohan trash as usual too.

Back
Top Bottom