**Official Dr. Dre Compton: A Soundtrack by Dr. Dre Thread **Album Out Now**

Relapse had some great production. I love that album for a few reasons. The production, it was just Em and Dre doing what they did in 99-01. The album flowed perfectly. Album had a theme and everything. Dre gave him some serious ****.

As for Compton, it's cool. Nothing special. Biggest problem for me is that yelling and fast flow that Em and Kendrick do sometimes. If Dre had his normal flow, I would like it more.

Compton > Relapse

even though that album had dope production, i can rock to this alot more. this is also considered his "final" album.

Sold a little under 280K first week.

The Chronic and Straight Outta Compton were both in the top 50 this past week. 6K and 8K.

280k for this? 
mean.gif

actual music is underapreciated these days, it's a young man's game and alot of these kids listening to rap today probably don't even know who Dr. Dre is.

Cats don't understand the production aspect of this, all they care about is a catchy beat and the next catchphrase. Or they build up expectations in their head smh. The album has such a clean feel, If they ever released the instrumentals I'd cop lol

Half these cats didn't even know who eazy was..

Last edited:
actual music is underapreciated these days, it's a young man's game and alot of these kids listening to rap today probably don't even know who Dr. Dre is.
Cats don't understand the production aspect of this, all they care about is a catchy beat and the next catchphrase. Or they build up expectations in their head smh. The album has such a clean feel, If they ever released the instrumentals I'd cop lol

Half these cats didn't even know who eazy was..

the young generation don't even know Dr. Dre's existence in hip hop legacy, he's birthed well known artists like Snoop Dogg, Eminem, 50 Cent, Xzibit, The Game and now Kendrick Lamar. dude's track record might be the best in hip hop history.

the young generation don't even know Dr. Dre's existence in hip hop legacy, he's birthed well known artists like Snoop Dogg, Eminem, 50 Cent, Xzibit, The Game and now Kendrick Lamar. dude's track record might be the best in hip hop history.
Wouldn't say he birthed 50 And Xzibit

dudes love playing that old man card

album is trash period, just because hes a legend doesnt mean everything he makes is gonna be good

dudes love playing that old man card

album is trash period, just because hes a legend doesnt mean everything he makes is gonna be good

so what are u currently listening to that's better than this? please don't tell me it's Future or Meek Mill, cause if it is that further explains what people consider "good" these days.

so because dr dre was good 20 years ago means hes supposed to be good in 2015

that nostalgia, its a reason he hasnt released music in a long time

so because dr dre was good 20 years ago means hes supposed to be good in 2015

that nostalgia, its a reason he hasnt released music in a long time

nostalgia? there's a new sound in this entire album. only few songs have that style he used to make. people's expectations are just too damn high for this guy. no wonder he didn't drop Detox, he knew people would be fickle. it's already happening.

Last edited:
This Anderson .Paak dude is unbearable to me. Ruins every song he's in. :x

Exactly. And i wanna like him cause hes a Stones Throw guy but man smh

+1

He's obviously talented, but dude goes entirely too hard with the singing. He sounds like a bootleg Lyfe Jennings that doesn't know how to dial it down a little.

Rapping-wise he isn't as bad though.

well he gave them a stamp and it helped their careers. his producton helped them alot.

Definition of a true PRODUCER, not a beatmaker...dude has produced the biggest names in hip hop

Guarantee these cats that's "poppin" nowadays won't be around in 5 years lol. Dre been doin it for damn near 30 years

Definition of a true PRODUCER, not a beatmaker...dude has produced the biggest names in hip hop

Guarantee these cats that's "poppin" nowadays won't be around in 5 years lol. Dre been doin it for damn near 30 years

4 decades. Dude has been responsible for good music in the 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s. Crazy.

Huge Dre fan, but this album doesn't move me in the slightest. I've given it try after try, but it's meh at best. And I know Dre doesn't write his lyrics, but Kendrick's style is all over this, and it's just too much.

Huge Dre fan, but this album doesn't move me in the slightest. I've given it try after try, but it's meh at best. And I know Dre doesn't write his lyrics, but Kendrick's style is all over this, and it's just too much.
Agreed 100% the ALBUM is just Bland

Back
Top Bottom