In my opinion, the album (or even the studio sessions), should have been:

Kurupt

Ice Cube

D.O.C.

Game

Snoop

Quik

Ren

While I generally like this new cd, I can't stand that K. Dot has his fingerprints throughout this whole album.  It irks me that Dre decided to go with what was popular at the moment versus what a Dr. Dre album should have been.  Maybe he shouldn't have labeled this a "Dr. Dre" album and it probably wouldn't be criticized so much.  Let it stand on its own as a Straight Out of Compton Soundtrack album.

Last edited:
^ Gotta say that I agree with including some of the Compton greats and old Death Row cats. Gimme at least 1 song with them. ****, incorporate an old Nate Dogg vocal to pay homage to the homie. I just would've liked to see a little bit more of the history of Compton/West Coast, as opposed to the mediocre features from these new cats (I'm looking at you Anderson Paak).

This is a dope album, but it just doesn't feel like a Dre album. Especially if this is his last one. It feels like a compilation album with a little Dre sprinkled in there.

*Fixed.

Kurupt
Ice Cube
D.O.C.
Game
Snoop
Quik
Ren

While I generally like this new cd, I can't stand that K. Dot has his fingerprints throughout this whole album.  It irks me that Dre decided to go with what was popular at the moment versus what a Dr. Dre album should have been.  Maybe he shouldn't have labeled this a "Dr. Dre" album and it probably wouldn't be criticized so much.  Let it stand on its own as a Straight Out of Compton Soundtrack album.

This!

oh and add Em to that list also

and I would have liked for Hov The DOC Kurupt and Em as the ONLY writers for Dre on the album

Last edited:
Dre should've had people who weren't on the album writing for him, would've kept people wondering who the ghostwriters were and it would've sounded cleaner next to the featured artist.

Last edited:
album shoulda been

Nippsey
YG
Eminem

Kendrick

The Game

Snoop

Ice Cube

Kurupt
Jay Rock

Vince Staples

Only
*Fixed.

Kurupt
Ice Cube
D.O.C.
Game
Snoop
Quik
Ren

Wait... This isn't a soundtrack to the movie?

Dre should've had people who weren't on the album writing for him, would've kept people wondering who the ghostwriters were and it would've sounded cleaner next to the featured artist.

I said this as well

which is why Still DRE sounds so clean JayZ is no featured anywhere near the album and he got the Dre style down

im fine when he spits with Em because Em knows Dre style thats why songs like Guilty Conscience and Forgot About Dre work

If this were "Detox" I wouldn't complain. If this were "Compton" I wouldn't complain. This album is "Pure Brilliance"

Last edited:
If this were "Detox" I wouldn't complain. If this were "Compton" I wouldn't complain. This album is pure brilliance
Agreed. This album isn't a classic, and I'm not sure it ever will be, but there's some amazing production and lyrics going on in here. Lots of songs I just can't stop playing and just like all his other albums there's tracks I can live without, but there's songs that will bang forever.

Just finished the album...yea this is a disappointment. I dont care for this album very much. I need a Kendrick only version of Deep Water & Em version only of Medicine Man. Talking To My Diary is tough, For The Love Of Money is cool, The Game & Jon Connors song were cool too. But everything else was just ehhh.

^ Gotta say that I agree with including some of the Compton greats and old Death Row cats. Gimme at least 1 song with them. ****, incorporate an old Nate Dogg vocal to pay homage to the homie. I just would've liked to see a little bit more of the history of Compton/West Coast, as opposed to the mediocre features from these new cats (I'm looking at you Anderson Paak).

This is a dope album, but it just doesn't feel like a Dre album. Especially if this is his last one. It feels like a compilation album with a little Dre sprinkled in there.

Yup. Where did Anderson .paak come from? Never heard of the guy.

This!

oh and add Em to that list also

and I would have liked for Hov The DOC Kurupt and Em as the ONLY writers for Dre on the album

depends on which EM we would get. Vintage? Yes. Current Em? No. I didn't think his verse on this album was all that. People were raving about it like it was a masterpiece.

I hope Dre release this track someday.

Get Kendrick on this. 

Get Dolla $ign on the hook.

Matter fact Dre just need to lock in with Kendrick for his next joint, because he (or his ghost producers) still got it on the beats. I'm just not tryna hear him or his poverty artists.

Last edited:
Liking it even more in the whip 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom