Official: Detroit Pistons vs Philadelphia 76ers - Game 1 Post

Sheed will probably retire after next season, so maybe Joe D will try to move his expiring...who knows

But back to this series, really it just came down to the nonchalant attitude that they came out with after halftime and the fact that the Sixers came to playand didn't give up.

Props to Moe Cheeks for the coaching job he did tonight.

A big "F U" to Flip Saunders....anyone who knows me is aware of my hatred for that man. He's too loose of a coach for this group.

0-1 and two days to right the ship, see yall game 2!

Arrogant *!! Pistons still ain't learned a thing.
laugh.gif

These Sixer 4th quarter comebacks on the road are ridiculous. How many times have they done this in the last 45 days?

Nice w.

People are over-reacting a bit over a single game.
come on man you know NT, any little thing and they jump all on it and exaggerate it

Tomorrow there will be a :

" Sixers can win it all, on their way to the championship post "

Flip Saunders is +%!!%@ up, there rarely seems to be a sense of urgency with the guy and all he does on the sidelines is twist his neck and stick out his chin.Gotta give the 76ers credit though (even though they tried to blow it with the FTs), they played well for the most part. I actually thought they could'vewon the game by more if it wasn't for the FT shooting and the TOs down the stretch.

yea people keep insisting the Pistons played so horribly and missed layups and fts but so did the 6ers, they didnt play some perfect game. they missed just asmany layups and Fts .
they out hustled the Pistons fa sho but they didnt play some spectacular game.
with that said I would be shocked if the Pistons won this in 5. based off how the 6ers played them thru out the yr and last nite, this aintno easy W for the Pistons at all.

and dudes mashin on Dre, and sayin he's not a max player, ok maybe so, but he had a horrid shooting night and ended up with 19, 8 , 9.
*edit, my bad he ended uop with 16 pts
He does so much more than score the basketball, but I guess if he could score and do nothing else thats would get him recognized as great in fans eyes *shrugs

This is a wake up call for Detroit. They are going to win the next 3 or 2 games. Pistons in 6 games.

...Why shouldn't Dre believe he's a max player...that's the thing...when you look at the contracts some of these fools have got recently...

I don't think he is, but I only think LeBron, Kobe, KG, Duncan, Howard, Paul and a few others...TRULY are max players.

It aint his fault.

Sixers are a dangerous team, young and athletic, plus they are fearless....not to mention that Cheeks has those guys playing hard (Sammy D?
laugh.gif
)

I'm predicting that this one goes 6 games...with either team having a chance to win now.

I really need to see that they come out the gate with a sense of urgency in game 2.

And Gunna the thing is Det has been in these situations so many times that was just surprising to see them fold under the pressure last night.
Both teams made lots of mistakes down the stretch but Philly just made fewer ones...it will be just as interesting to see if they come out with that"happy to get 1 in Det" attitude or the "let's steal both" attitude in the next game

i say the sixers got a very good chance that last win was like a confidence builder and they could take it to round 2

could the Sixers = 2007 Warriors... 2 contrasting styles of play and matchups are somewhat similar

it will be just as interesting to see if they come out with that "happy to get 1 in Det" attitude or the "let's steal both" attitude in the next game
Yup, thats what Im waitin to see.
I got Detroit Winnin this series but not in no cakewalk.

I think Chauncey gonna dominate game 2. Pistons were so enamored with Sheed that they never got Billups goin, he gonna be involved from the jump.
Lets see how Mo defends him if he gets it goin, Iggy maybe?

Sometimes I think they won too early in 2004. If they had made it to the finals in 2004 and lost, I feel like they would have won both in 05 and 06.

Regardless, the sixers really played a good game. Seemed like every shot in the 4th was dropping in, the shots fell for them. And obviously, billups missed 3FTs and Hamilton 1, thats 4 pts right there. Still, Sixers should not be underestimated. They need to blow them out every game.

we didn't a very good game yesterday and we barely won, just imagine what we can do if we don't have to fight from a 16 point deficit... we lead theleague in offensive rebounds and if we rebound the ball better I can see us winning by 10 or more in game two. Detroit does not want dre miller or dre dala tohave a good first half. We matchup very well with this team and they don't really have anybody they can dominate us with except sheed.

Pistons' Wallace takes blame for Game 1 loss

by A. Sherrod Blakely Sunday April 20, 2008, 10:38 PM

medium_wallace21.jpg

AP PhotoDetroit's Rasheed Wallace led all
scorers with 24 points, but he and the rest
of the Pistons couldn't make the big plays
down the stretch against the Sixers on Sunday.

AUBURN HILLS -- Rasheed Wallace can score.
Everybody knows that.

Often his ability to knock down shots with such ease, overshadows a player who is among the league's best at his position defensively.

Wallace showcased his ability to dominate at both ends of the floor Sunday, but it still wasn't enough as the Pistons dropped their playoff opener, 90-86,to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Detroit will be looking to even up the series in Game 2 on Wednesday.
Wallace had a chance to tie the score late in the fourth quarter, but his short bank shot was off the mark.

Although he led all scorers with 24 points, it was that last missed shot that Wallace remembers most.

"That last bunny (shot) I missed, that was a bucket I should have made," he said. "So, that's why I'm definitely going to take this oneon the chin."

In addition to scoring, Wallace was a dominate presence defensively as well. He had seven blocked shots, which tied the franchise record for blocks in aplayoff game. There was a 44-second sequence at the end of the second quarter in which Wallace blocked Andre Iguodala's shot three times.

And while Wallace's teammates praised his play for keeping them in the game when so many others struggled, he wasn't trying to hear it.

"This is on me," he said. "I missed some shots, and I missed some bunnies. There are no excuses. I got this one; I will put it on me."

seemed like detroit's whole plan was to let sheed kill us
and it seems like cheeks was letting them do that by just putting sammy on him alone
cheeks was like we'll let sheed beat us but shut everyone else down

i think we safe as long as we got reggie evans hitting fade-aways from the free throw line with the shot clock running down

Back
Top Bottom