Official Cowboys VS. Eagles Post....Goodnight....

Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP12

Damn this game had the potential to be soooo great if the Eagles took care of business against the ********. Pretty disappointing knowing that we basically have no shot to make it. I would still love to keep Dallas out of the playoffs though. It would ease the pain a little, not a lot, but a little.

i feel you my man, i will settle for not making the playoffs and knocking Dallas out...if and only if it means Reid goes

I want McNabb to stay

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

^^ No way Oakland beats Tampa.
Tampa has been playing like trash lately and Oakland is coming of a win

I dont care the point is I would love to see the eagles spoil the cowboys season

i dont think Oakland beating Tampa is a stretch

Tampa's offense is horrible and if Oakland gets ahead they become a turnover machine

but I'd almost rather not make the playoffs...somethings you have to take a step back to move a mile fwd or whatever the hell the term Andy Reid used(hopefully that means his @%# gets the axe)

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Cowboys Eagles moved to 4pm. This is good for those that live in NY because originally it was 1pm and the Giants play @ 1pm and they would get precedence in this area over Dallas. But now its officially a nationally televised game
smile.gif
That, and the other games (Chicago/Tampa Bay) will have been played so Philadelphia will know ahead of time whether or not they have any chance at making the playoffs...
eek.gif
... we need every little bit of help we can get ... would be nice if tampa takes care of business and the eagles decide to roll over ...
I can't imagine they'd roll over and let us walk into the playoffs... I'd expect them to come out swinging to keep us out of the playoffs regardless...

But, I guess it's tough to be completely there mentally knowing you're playing for nothing in the last week of the season...

Every little bit helps at this point, I guess...
laugh.gif

Does it seem absolutely ridiculous to anybody else that we've been on this roller coaster of distractions, injuries, poor performances from key players, bad coaching decisions, etc., and we're still on the verge of a playoff appearance?
smh.gif
Frankly, I've got no confidence in this team doing anything in the playoffs even if they do make it, but I think it speaks volumes to the raw talent on this team that despite every thing that has gone terribly, terribly wrong this year, they're still sitting in the driver's seat of their playoff hopes...

I think it's inarguable the talent is there, but the mental stability of this team bothers me... And I think it all trickles directly down from the coaching staff and their laid back, nonchalant approach about EVERYTHING... They always say the team takes on the personality of the coaching staff, and I think we're looking at just that with this team, and there aren't enough hard-nosed leaders on this team to force a change in personality...
What the hell are you talking about ? It's called LUCK. I would understand that comment if you won the last 2 of 3 but that didnt happen.

Lose to the Steelers still in the playoffs
Win against the Giants still got the 6th seed
Lose against the Ravens & then 2 teams cant win a game to get ahead of ya.

Yall keep losing and other teams cant capitalize. That's what it is...

o yeah? or is it beating who we need to beat? reality is, if youre in the nfc, you can lose all your afc games and you are still in good shape ...

What the hell are you talking about ? It's called LUCK. I would understand that comment if you won the last 2 of 3 but that didnt happen.

Wait, they're lucky they beat the Giants? Ignoring that... They're in a group of teams right now that isn't easy to sort out...Atlanta is OK, but they aren't that good. Tampa Bay is OK, but they aren't that good. Chicago is OK, but they aren't that good. Dallas is talentedas hell, but they aren't that good a football team right now... Those other teams failing to take care of their business to this point isn't anydifferent than Dallas failing to take care of theirs... How does that make them lucky?

Have they caught a break or two with teams losing games the same weeks they do? Sure... But that happens EVERY YEAR... Luck is part of it, but luck plays alittle of a role in EVERY SINGLE TEAM'S SEASON... See: David Tyree catching that ball in the Super Bowl... Catching a break or two along the waydoesn't change the fact that the Giants won the Super Bowl, and it doesn't change the fact the Cowboys are a very talented football team that has dealtwith a TON of different bull *%#% along the way this season and still control their playoff destiny...

Lucky isn't losing Tony Romo, Marion Barber, Terence Newman, Kyle Kosier, Mat McBriar, three safeties, and two corners for different parts of the season...Lucky isn't ESPN breaking some story and blowing it out of proportion, and then having guys in the locker room come together and dominate arguably the bestteam in football in a game we had to win... Lucky isn't dealing with PacMan Jones being an idiot and putting this team in bad spots with his stupiddecisions in the middle of a season... Not everything has gone this team's way like you seem to want to believe...

Fact of the matter is, as bad as everybody wants to continue to dump on this team and talk about how bad they are, they're looking at winning 10 gamesdespite EVERYTHING that has gone on with them this season... Bad football teams don't win 10 games in seasons with as many injuries and distractions(brought on by themselves or not) as the Cowboys have dealt with this season...

When this team is on their game, they can beat anybody in the NFL. Whether you decide you want to admit it or not, that's exactly the reason youwant to see them miss the playoffs. Because if, God forbid, they do get in the playoffs, start to click on both sides of the ball, and get the monkey off theirback in Round 1 against a very beatable Vikings team, they're not a team that's gonna go down easily... Am I confident they can do that? No, I'mnot. Do I even think there's a remote chance it could happen? No, not particularly... But you know as well as I do this is a damn talented football teamthat can make a run if they get their collective act together over the next couple of weeks...

Wait, they're lucky they beat the Giants? Ignoring that... They're in a group of teams right now that isn't easy to sort out... Atlanta is OK, but they aren't that good. Tampa Bay is OK, but they aren't that good. Chicago is OK, but they aren't that good. Dallas is talented as hell, but they aren't that good a football team right now... Those other teams failing to take care of their business to this point isn't any different than Dallas failing to take care of theirs... How does that make them lucky?

Have they caught a break or two with teams losing games the same weeks they do? Sure... But that happens EVERY YEAR... Luck is part of it, but luck plays a little of a role in EVERY SINGLE TEAM'S SEASON... See: David Tyree catching that ball in the Super Bowl... Catching a break or two along the way doesn't change the fact that the Giants won the Super Bowl, and it doesn't change the fact the Cowboys are a very talented football team that has dealt with a TON of different bull *%#% along the way this season and still control their playoff destiny...

Lucky isn't losing Tony Romo, Marion Barber, Terence Newman, Kyle Kosier, Mat McBriar, three safeties, and two corners for different parts of the season... Lucky isn't ESPN breaking some story and blowing it out of proportion, and then having guys in the locker room come together and dominate arguably the best team in football in a game we had to win... Lucky isn't dealing with PacMan Jones being an idiot and putting this team in bad spots with his stupid decisions in the middle of a season... Not everything has gone this team's way like you seem to want to believe...

Fact of the matter is, as bad as everybody wants to continue to dump on this team and talk about how bad they are, they're looking at winning 10 games despite EVERYTHING that has gone on with them this season... Bad football teams don't win 10 games in seasons with as many injuries and distractions (brought on by themselves or not) as the Cowboys have dealt with this season...

When this team is on their game, they can beat anybody in the NFL. Whether you decide you want to admit it or not, that's exactly the reason you want to see them miss the playoffs. Because if, God forbid, they do get in the playoffs, start to click on both sides of the ball, and get the monkey off their back in Round 1 against a very beatable Vikings team, they're not a team that's gonna go down easily... Am I confident they can do that? No, I'm not. Do I even think there's a remote chance it could happen? No, not particularly... But you know as well as I do this is a damn talented football team that can make a run if they get their collective act together over the next couple of weeks...
reading that just reminded me of this ...

perfection ...

Wait, they're lucky they beat the Giants? Ignoring that... They're in a group of teams right now that isn't easy to sort out... Atlanta is OK, but they aren't that good. Tampa Bay is OK, but they aren't that good. Chicago is OK, but they aren't that good. Dallas is talented as hell, but they aren't that good a football team right now... Those other teams failing to take care of their business to this point isn't any different than Dallas failing to take care of theirs... How does that make them lucky?

Have they caught a break or two with teams losing games the same weeks they do? Sure... But that happens EVERY YEAR... Luck is part of it, but luck plays a little of a role in EVERY SINGLE TEAM'S SEASON... See: David Tyree catching that ball in the Super Bowl... Catching a break or two along the way doesn't change the fact that the Giants won the Super Bowl, and it doesn't change the fact the Cowboys are a very talented football team that has dealt with a TON of different bull *%#% along the way this season and still control their playoff destiny...

Lucky isn't losing Tony Romo, Marion Barber, Terence Newman, Kyle Kosier, Mat McBriar, three safeties, and two corners for different parts of the season... Lucky isn't ESPN breaking some story and blowing it out of proportion, and then having guys in the locker room come together and dominate arguably the best team in football in a game we had to win... Lucky isn't dealing with PacMan Jones being an idiot and putting this team in bad spots with his stupid decisions in the middle of a season... Not everything has gone this team's way like you seem to want to believe...

Fact of the matter is, as bad as everybody wants to continue to dump on this team and talk about how bad they are, they're looking at winning 10 games despite EVERYTHING that has gone on with them this season... Bad football teams don't win 10 games in seasons with as many injuries and distractions (brought on by themselves or not) as the Cowboys have dealt with this season...

When this team is on their game, they can beat anybody in the NFL. Whether you decide you want to admit it or not, that's exactly the reason you want to see them miss the playoffs. Because if, God forbid, they do get in the playoffs, start to click on both sides of the ball, and get the monkey off their back in Round 1 against a very beatable Vikings team, they're not a team that's gonna go down easily... Am I confident they can do that? No, I'm not. Do I even think there's a remote chance it could happen? No, not particularly... But you know as well as I do this is a damn talented football team that can make a run if they get their collective act together over the next couple of weeks...

Well *%*!%@# said. Even the most die hard cowboys fans as of right now have zero faith in this team. Even if they somehow beat the eagles at their stadium weall believe they'll be one and done. But best believe no one wants to see this team if they can get their act together. 10 penalties are find in week oneand two. But in week 16 is atrocious. Five of those penalties resulted in first down. If this team can play focused they would be a problem. But theycan't. By the way Witten reinjured his ankle and will most likely miss the game

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

God this sucks, the damn ******** game gonna get priority over the Eagles/Cowboys game here in DC. I'm
mad.gif
, f**k the ******** they don't have anything to play for. Move that garbage to Saturday morning for all I care.
Word! Hopefully the Eagles get a W and Andy Reid gets fired. His dumb personnel mistakes single handily @%%!#@ the Eagles season.

I'm hoping the Eagles season will end on a positive note with a win Sunday. Although playoffs are pretty much out of reach I can finally breathe once AndyReid is out of Philly.

since Witten is missing the game. Cowboys lose in Philly and miss their shot in the playoffs. See Ya next year same time same channel...

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

@ Philly?

smh.gif
Cowboys + cold weather = L?
Philly forecast for Sunday is a high of 53. Since the game was flexed to 4pm, I'd expect it to be in the 40s during the game. So cold weatherwon't be a factor unless a cold front develops.

Originally Posted by Fox5Kobe

since Witten is missing the game. Cowboys lose in Philly and miss their shot in the playoffs. See Ya next year same time same channel...

Witten confirmed he's playing. Sorry to disappoint. I've realized as long as Witten has a pulse he'll always play. Man played with broken jawbroken ribs dislocated shoulder and sprained ankle.

^Nice.

I'm praying to all that is holy that somehow Oakland pulls out a win. This game would get so real if whoever won was in. I think after all they've beenthrough, no one would want to play either of these teams during the playoffs.

Since the game has been moved we'll find out whether or not Tampa loses.

BTW, if the Bears dont lose tonight, you guys have to hope they lose next week as well. Chicago winning 2 games will eliminate the eagles as well

If we can beat Philly on the road the last game of the season, then we can beat the Vikings at home in round 1.
I'm not watching another Cowboy game this year until they reach the NFC Championship.
So my season is probably over with. Cant take watching these cats not care if they win or lose.
They get paid regardless of the outcome so where is the incentive, cause aint but about a handful
of cats on the squad got heart and willing to let heir nuts hang when its do or die.
I used to be a die hard, yelling at the TV and gettin all mad, but if the cats gettin paid dont care y should I.
The NFL aint what it used to be. Gettin a lot like the NBA. Way too commercial and way too cute.

^^ I agree with you. Romo is starting to really piss me off with the way he's been taking on Wade's personality. You can see it in his pressconferences. "Oh well, (insert QB) didn;t play well against that defense either, give them credit, the (insert team) are a great defensive team"

PLEASE DONE TELL ME THE ******** GAME IS GOING TO SCREW ME OVER!!!! LIVING IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA FTL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Bucs loses and we win isnt the only obstacle like dude said we gotta pray chicago loses this sunday.

Anyone got a Djax Alt auth jersey? been tryna find one

Back
Top Bottom