**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

RIP CR. Totally blew it.

Congrats Honduras, didn't think they'd win (and damn it if only ES had a real finisher)....huge performance by Valladares.

Wish the best of luck to all the reps in the WC to make CONCACAF look good.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

I would love to see this line up for our friendly next month..

------------------Jozy

------------------Bradley
Landon--------------------------Dempsey
------------------Torres
------------------Jones/Clark
Bornstein/Castillo---Bocanegra--Demerit/Orozco---Spector

depending on who is healthy or not..
Yeah we need Orozco back in the plans. Dude is a solid defender in the back, and now that Goch is injured we need to take a look at him. Torresimpress me more against the ticos. ROBOBOB need to get him on the field every game. Dude has the talents of a no#10 and he is only 22.

Everything is looking good. Jones needs to step up his training or he is not even going to be in the running to make the WC team.

------------------Jozy

------------------Torres
------------------Jones/Edu

I prefer seeing Edu

I just dont trust Clark.
Something about him.

Originally Posted by Michaelfoooo

marionthebarberian wrote:

------------------Jozy

------------------Torres
------------------Jones/Edu

I prefer seeing Edu

I just dont trust Clark.
Something about him.

i really dont either but M.Edu is still not back in form. We should give E.Johnson another run with the team since he is really another guy besides Donovanwith speed and quickness.

Can we all agree Robbie Rogers is ready to play, too? he and torres together changed the entire look of our play out there.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Can we all agree Robbie Rogers is ready to play, too? he and torres together changed the entire look of our play out there.

I like Robbie and the distributions he provides, but one of the good problems we have is, how are we going to split the time with all our midfielders?

i would like to see EJ get another run with the national team, hes back with Fulham this year and has been in a couple matches...dude used to drive me crazywhen he was with the squad under Bruce Arena it seemed like he was so lazy out there, never really used his speed all that much...if he improves his work ratehe could be a solid choice in for Davies

it shouldnt be all that long before Jermaine is cleared from Fifa and that will be interesting to see how he fits in

and yeah Robbie Rogers is ready...put him on one wing with Dempsey on the other and allow Donovan to play more centrally or in the hole where he can use hiscreativity and vision a little more

----------------Jozy-----------------
----------Donovan------------------
Rogers---------------------Dempsey
-----------Bradley--Jones-----------
Castillo-Bocanegra-DeMerit-Spector

Originally Posted by elevenairs

it shouldnt be all that long before Jermaine is cleared from Fifa and that will be interesting to see how he fits in

hes already been cleared by fifa but dude cant stay healthy. He should be out for another month, hopefully he is healthy for our up coming friendly.

IMO EJ had chances already, and never perform. I rather give Rogers a chance over him. Edu is ok. I am on the fence with him still. He has talent, but their isgames I have seen where I am thinking to myself what is he doing???

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

IMO EJ had chances already, and never perform. I rather give Rogers a chance over him. Edu is ok. I am on the fence with him still. He has talent, but their is games I have seen where I am thinking to myself what is he doing???

but theres not one single other player with speed and quickness other than Donovan on this team..I we do call up Eddie I think Bob Bradley will finally makehis @*$ work.

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

at the reaction

Been wanting to see Torres play more and he looked real good out there.

One play that stood out that nobody is really talking about was Torres taking the ball away in injury time.

You can see it in the video, around 4 minutes into Injury Time the Costa Rican player takes the ball towards the corner to try and waste the minute of timeleft.

Torres comes in and with one swipe takes the ball away and pushes it up field which leads to the corner that Torres swings in to produce the equalizer.

If the Costa Rican player is able to hold on to the ball longer and win a throw in then the US would have lost the game.

^^Pretty much. Hate those time wasting antics. Torres is skillful, Bob needs to recognize this and put duke in.

Jones is cleared to play with the US. Now hopefully he can take care of those injuries.

Roster for our game against slovakia on saturday.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton), Troy Perkins (Valerenga)
DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Clarence Goodson(IK Start), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Benny Feilhaber (AGF Aarhus), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Dax McCarty (FCDallas), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Hull City), Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids), Jeff Cunningham (FC Dallas), Eddie Johnson (Fulham)

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

The Gooch is out for six months.

what that give him 1-2 months to get into game shape?

with out any set back, that sounds about right. but judging by his playing time with ac milan while he was healthy thats not alot, if i was him i would ask tobe loaned.

Demps and Great Dane Bendtner are out for this one? ah well i'll still watch though...maybe EJ gets the start today?

i think Greece/Ukraine is coming on right before this one on espn...should be a good couple hours in front of the tv
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom