**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

Mexico has been looking better and better every game.
pimp.gif
, all Mexico has to do is win these next two home games..

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Altidore
pimp.gif

Anyone know legit websites that have the USA National kit for good prices?
nerd.gif

Good looking out fellas.

USA USA USA.
I usually go with Eurosport (Soccer.com) but I haven't ordered any kits in a long while so maybe I'm way outdated.

Could somebody let me know if I'm wrong here - but I believe they will have new jerseys of some kind for the 2010 and the World Cup.

good to get the W. altidore and dempsey
pimp.gif

mexico starting to look more and more like a team...that win against us def. gave them a boost

Originally Posted by JCH3

Originally Posted by 2wenty thre3

Altidore
pimp.gif

Anyone know legit websites that have the USA National kit for good prices?
nerd.gif

Good looking out fellas.

USA USA USA.
I usually go with Eurosport (Soccer.com) but I haven't ordered any kits in a long while so maybe I'm way outdated.

Could somebody let me know if I'm wrong here - but I believe they will have new jerseys of some kind for the 2010 and the World Cup.

usually everyone will be rocking new kits for major tournaments such as the WC and Euros.

Mexico, moreso Gio put on a show
smokin.gif

Shame I was at work. But they're winning me over although i'm smarter to put any faith in any el tri squad
smh.gif

Times/Channels for Next Wednesday

7:00 PM ET : USA @ Trinidad : ESPN Classic / Galavision
8:30 PM ET : Honduras @ Mexico : Telemundo
9:00 PM ET : Costa Rica @ El Salvador : PPV Circuito Cerrado (Ch 459 DirectTV...25$)

My Predictions :

ES 2 Costa Rica 1
Mexico 3 Honduras 2
USA 2 Trinidad 0

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

good to get the W. altidore and dempsey
pimp.gif

mexico starting to look more and more like a team...that win against us def. gave them a boost
It's not the win against you guys that gave us a boost. It was the whole Gold Cup. We found a system and core that works and we're lookingreally good. We're the best team in Concacaf right now.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

9:00 PM ET : Costa Rica @ El Salvador : PPV Circuito Cerrado (Ch 459 DirectTV...25$)

My Predictions :

ES 2 Costa Rica 1
Mexico 3 Honduras 2
USA 2 Trinidad 0

Good thing that Mexico Honduras match is well after the USA.

Before USA/Mexico a few weeks ago, I was pretty sure Mexico was gonna end up in 4th and have to play the CONMEBOL team - but now, no way.

Final Standings
1. USA
2. Mexico
3. Honduras
4. Costa Rica

My Predictions :

ES 2 Costa Rica 1
Mexico 3 Honduras 2
USA 2 Trinidad 0

Before USA/Mexico a few weeks ago, I was pretty sure Mexico was gonna end up in 4th and have to play the CONMEBOL team - but now, no way.

Final Standings
1. USA
2. Mexico
3. Honduras
4. Costa Rica
My (realistic) final results
frown.gif
from the Concacaf Hex Simulator

Mexico W-W-W 21
Honduras L-W-W 19 (GD advantage)
USA W-L-W 19
Costa Rica T-W-L 16

That win for Mexico was huge because not only did they pick up road points, they did it against a top 4 team which is a huge 6 point swing on final standings.Imagine how bad of shape Mexico woulda been with a loss yesterday and having to beat a motivated/confident Honduras squad Wednesday.

^Realistic approach IMO but I think Honduras will pull off a tie somehow Wednesday. They're clicking on all cylinders right now.

My Predictions :

ES 2 Costa Rica 1
Mexico 3 Honduras 2
USA 2 Trinidad 0

My Predictions :

ES 1 Costa Rica 0
Mexico 1 Honduras 2
USA 3 Trinidad 0

Originally Posted by socluis90

My Predictions :

ES 2 Costa Rica 1
Mexico 3 Honduras 2
USA 2 Trinidad 0

Final Standings
1. USA
2. Mexico
3. Honduras
4. Costa Rica
My (realistic) final results
frown.gif
from the Concacaf Hex Simulator

Mexico W-W-W 21
Honduras L-W-W 19 (GD advantage)
USA W-L-W 19
Costa Rica T-W-L 16

That win for Mexico was huge because not only did they pick up road points, they did it against a top 4 team which is a huge 6 point swing on final standings. Imagine how bad of shape Mexico woulda been with a loss yesterday and having to beat a motivated/confident Honduras squad Wednesday.

^Realistic approach IMO but I think Honduras will pull off a tie somehow Wednesday. They're clicking on all cylinders right now.
They might be clickin on all cylinders but let's be honest. It's Honduras not Brazil. If Mexico or US ever want to be considered greatteams they shouldn't worry about teams like Honduras.

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Dude trippin talking bout Mexico is going to end in second place lol.

That's the homer in me talkin. But, I wouldn't rule it out.

Originally Posted by EZLN1

props to my selecta...came out and scored 1st, and played well in the 2nd half....ES is gonna be a problem come next WC cycle.
I sure as hell hope so bro. Both my bloodlines running competitive would be so
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

socluis90 wrote:

2h2m6np.jpg

bout to make this my new avy
laugh.gif

SMH...

roll.gif
wth i thought u had a the dempsey avy. now i gota find something new
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i changed the dempsey avy like 5 days ago to my dude C.Davies...he is THAT DUDE right now...

did you see the way he had those defenders on skates? he is a vicious with his change of pace..

and i was to make your new avy as my new one yesterday..

yo fellas.. quick question for those who have Direct.tv... will the Honduras vs Mexico game be brodcasted in HD..?? its come to my understanding that Telemundois the first "spanish" chanel to offer HD but i dont seem to have the HD version of that network..?

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

yo fellas.. quick question for those who have Direct.tv... will the Honduras vs Mexico game be brodcasted in HD..?? its come to my understanding that Telemundo is the first "spanish" chanel to offer HD but i dont seem to have the HD version of that network..?

i dont think they ever know what hd is...i have time warner and the channel logo has hd next to it, but i cant find the channel..and univision said 3 years agothat they were going to start brodcasting games in hd, but i dont think thats going to to happen..

hopefully they switch tomorrows game to espn2.

U.S. Soccer: Endemic Delusions That Perpetuate Mediocrity

We documented U.S. soccer's hostility toward a critical journalist. We mentioned their campaign of misinformation. This matters because most in the United States are not well grounded in soccer. They're undiscerning about information. This results in delusions that ramp up hype and subsequent revenue, but eliminate accountability.

Progress. To the public, U.S. Soccer's summer was golden. The USMNT upset Spain 2-0, and took a 2-0 lead into halftime against Brazil. Not to crap on those accomplishments, they deserve praise, but we should view the summer comprehensively.

The USMNT had a 7-6-1 record in the summer of 2009, not so shimmering. Discounting the Gold Cup - because the 5-0 loss to Mexico was a B-team learning experience - the team had a 3-5 record, more leaden than golden.

Against big-time opposition (Mexico, Brazil, Spain, Italy), the USMNT was 1-5. They outscored those teams 5-3 in the first half. They were outscored 13-1 in the second, when teams adjusted tactically.

The USMNT is neither challenging in a World Cup, nor progressing toward doing so. The U.S. has 10 points from six qualifying matches in the final round, outscoring opponents 11-8. Through six matches in 2006, the U.S. had 15 points, outscoring them 12-3.

Over the last ten years, the U.S. has built a national soccer academy, developed a stable if unspectacular professional league and has more players blazing trails abroad. Despite these outside improvements, the national team is stagnant. In 1998, emerging from the group was the target. It's the same in 2010.

The super-accurate FIFA rankings may place the U.S. 11th in the world, but they would not qualify for a World Cup in Europe or South America.

Landon the Legend. Alexi Lalas claimed last week in Bristol that Landon Donovan was one of the top-20 soccer players in the world, logic that would make him an automatic inclusion into any club's first team. Demonstrably false. Only jingoists agreed, but even needing to argue this shows how seriously U.S. Soccer fans are deluded.

Donovan has the talent to do great things. That does not make him great.

Players prove themselves daily at club level. Donovan is a nonentity. He's great in MLS, but against poor defenders making $35,000 per year. He disappointed all three times he went to the Bundesliga, perhaps the third or fourth best league in the world, amassing 13 total appearances and no goals.

Donovan plays well, at times, for the USMNT, but most games are against pitiful CONCACAF opposition. He's the national team's all-time leading scorer with 41 goals. Twenty of them were against second-tier CONCACAF opposition. Another 14 came in friendlies. He had a great World Cup in 2002. He was arguably the tournament's worst player in 2006.

Donovan is good. He is talented. But he's not the force his U-17 career projected him to be. He's not the savior.

What about Bob? Since he makes no pretense of aesthetics, judge Bob Bradley on results. This U.S. team is six points behind the 2006 team under Bruce Arena at this stage of World Cup qualifying. Beating Spain was awesome. It took a miracle to reach them because the team started so woefully, in a tournament everyone else treated as a friendly. Don't forget the boys getting rick-rolled in the 2007 Copa America.

Judge Bob Bradley on his tactics. He is a solid, stable coach, suitable for MLS. He's no mastermind. Being outscored 13-1 in the second half by good teams, suggests he has serious troubles adapting during a game. That happens too consistently to be a coincidence.

Even before matches Bradley can be baffling. No one has offered a satisfactory justification for starting Cherundolo and Ching over Spector and Altidore at Azteca. Experience is only helpful when it's good experience. The atmosphere was irrelevant. That team was castrated before it left the dressing room.

If the U.S. has problems with possession in midfield, why has Torres become persona non grata in the U.S. setup? Why does his son Michael Bradley, no matter how poorly he's playing, only leave the field by red card? Why is Landon Donovan placed in a conventional role reliant on him tracking back to defend? Why did the U.S. go one goal up and stop playing with 81 minutes remaining? Questions that are unasked and unanswered.

Bradley tries to cultivate a Belichickian mystique. Everything is in-house. They're so sophisticated you could not possibly understand. You have to earn that. For Bill Belichick, it works. He wins. He shows his intelligence. Bradley has done neither.

Bob Bradley is not leading this team to glory. He's not progressing them to a place where they can compete. Why is he there? The question is not whether Bradley has done enough to be fired. It's whether he's done enough to keep his job.

These are only a few of the issues.

U.S. Soccer is not held accountable. When they lose, the coverage simply disappears. There is no incentive to improve. No reason to burst free from a protective and insular bubble. We don't need English-style insanity, but one "You Don't Know What You're Doing" chant by Sam's Army on national television would work wonders.

Soccer will do well in this country. But, unless U.S. Soccer and MLS improve, it won't be the American brand of it
Link

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

yo fellas.. quick question for those who have Direct.tv... will the Honduras vs Mexico game be brodcasted in HD..?? its come to my understanding that Telemundo is the first "spanish" chanel to offer HD but i dont seem to have the HD version of that network..?

i dont think they ever know what hd is...i have time warner and the channel logo has hd next to it, but i cant find the channel..and univision said 3 years ago that they were going to start brodcasting games in hd, but i dont think thats going to to happen..

hopefully they switch tomorrows game to espn2.
Well i contacted Telemundo regarding this issue and heres what they had to say..

Hello,

KVEA is available in HD on Time Warner cable on channel 401 in HD or
over the air on 52.1. Right now we are negotiating with DirecTV, but
they will not carry us in HD yet.

I apologize for the inconvenience,
Richard Westcott

im really spoiled by HD.. so much that im actually considering purchasing one of those over the air HD antennas just for tommorows game.. for once in my 2years of being a DirecTV costumer.. i can finally say, im dissapointed.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom