**OFFICIAL CONCACAF PRE-WORLD CUP THREAD USA, MEXICO, HONDURAS ARE IN. DISCUSS FRIENDLIES, NEWS ECT

The Honduras Vs Costa Rica matchup should be a great game. Both teams are playing good at the moment. Cuscatlecos should beat the Soca Warriors.

I cant wait for the Aug game at the AZTECA.

Can't wait, going to that game. Round trip tickets only 207 from lax. Vamos EEUU!

I wonder if Erickson will be showed the door if its a blowout. Might as well bring Javier Aguirre since he got fired from atletico.

i cant wait to see USA beat Mexico. and Honduras going to win vs Costa rica
pimp.gif

Amarugear you going to the Azteca game>??? Me too. we got some tickets from Tijuana to Toluca for 122 rounds trip EACH. 3 of my boys and me are headingouthere in August. I think if the USA blows out Mexico on Wed, SVGE will be get fired. To be honest the players have not performed. It a shame too they gotsome talented players en el tri. Starting with GEO and VELA. But othet people are lackluster. What sup with Vouso and Bravo on the squad??? Both players havenot done a damm thing with their respective clubs. I saw the list of US team and I felt that Michael Orozco should have been called up since he's playingbig minutes for San Luis. Anyways I still think its going to be a great matchup. It always is when these two play.

VAMOS USA, SI PODEMOS!

Originally Posted by amarusgear

I cant wait for the Aug game at the AZTECA.

Can't wait, going to that game. Round trip tickets only 207 from lax. Vamos EEUU!

I wonder if Erickson will be showed the door if its a blowout. Might as well bring Javier Aguirre since he got fired from atletico.

I have a feeling the FMF will let him go after Wednesdays match.

This gig is either Scolaris or Aguirres to lose

^^Leandro is a good player. He been mr consistency in the FMF, especially during his time with PUMAS.

haha you guys should read this

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/blog.php?b=3598

for the lazy people

Boycott Blockbuster

Posted 07 Feb 2009 at 08:07 AM by Bill Archer
Updated 07 Feb 2009 at 11:20 AM by Bill Archer
In the wake of Radio Shack's decision not to distribute voodoo dolls wearing US Soccer uniforms with Landon Donovan's number, the makers of these lovely little momentos went searching for a new corporate partner to handle the distribution.

And they found one.
ALeqM5gPw9sxOS4UpIkpwAaqaoBUig_6RA

The dolls, which come with instructions telling the user to "Hold a needle firmly between your thumb and index finger and prick slowly the part of the doll where you want to affect the opponent" will now be handed out by Dallas, Texas based Blockbuster.

The back of the dolls' jersey reads: "Gringos."

Last week, Radio Shack issued a statement saying that they were refusing to participate because "a US company cannot support a situation that goes against the (national) team"

Blockbuster obviously does not entertain a similar set of scruples.

Not that you'd expect much more from a company that's now run by James W. Keyes who worked at 7-Eleven for 20 yearsand thus knows a thing or two about lack of class. (Although there's no truth whatsoever to the rumor that he was fired for spending too much time watching hot dogs turning on those steel roller cookers while clapping his hands and shrieking "Me likee! Me likee!")

The PR department at Blockbuster headquarters in Dallas is reportedly not returning phone calls from reporters on this subject.

Imagine that.

Now I know that many of you avoid Blockbuster anyway, since there's just no point frequenting a movie rental place that has absolutely nothing starring Katie Morgan, but for the rest of you I'm urging a couple of things:

First: Click here for an email link to SEND BLOCKBUSTER A LOVE LETTER telling them how you feel about them displaying contempt for US Soccer in this fashion. Ask them where you can go to get a Mexico-uniformed doll with "(insert racial slur)" on the back of the shirt.

Second: Give Blockbuster a call at 214-854-3000. Ask for "Jumbo Jim" Keyes. When they ask if they can take a message, tell them you're Ramon "from the club the other night" and you're calling to say you think he'd better get tested. Or ask why he's giving the Mexican soccer team a big old Slurpee.

Third: Stop by your local Blockbuster store with a few friends. Block the doorway while chanting USA! USA! USA! Burning your Blockbuster card would be good too.

Fourth: If you happen to know someone at Netflix, tell them that there's some real hay to be made here.

Fifth: If you're a soccer blogger, or know a soccer blogger, or ever leave a comment on a soccer blog, spread the gospel of Blockbuster Boycott. Don't say it came from me - I don't want credit. I just want Blockbuster to be embarrassed by this appalling lack of sense.

And in Columbus on Wednesday, nothing would go better with the pregame lubricant of choice than a rousing chorus of "Blockbuster Sucks!" for the benefit of ESPN's crowd mikes.

The people at Blockbuster surely knew that Radio Shack decided to cancel this promotion, and why. Thus, we can only conclude that, unlike RS, Blockbuster just doesn't give a crap about whether we're offended.

Maybe we can show them otherwise.

And if you have any other suggestions relative to how we can annoy the crap out of these jackwads, please feel free to share them below.

BOYCOTT BLOCKBUSTER

Do you think they've ever seen snow before? I live in California and I've never seen snow in real life. I was thinking about this the other day, I justfind it kind of odd.

Who is on the USA roster?

i'm rooting for USA my parents are from Mexico. i love the rivalry between these two teams.

Vamos Estados Unidos Donovan va tener un golazo
pimp.gif

Here is the team. they will cut it down to 18 Tomorrow.

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa: 4/3 SO), Tim Howard (Everton FC: 7/5 SO)
DEFENDERS (7): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes: 16/2), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA, 1/0), Danny Califf (FC Midtjylland: 3/0), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew: 14/1),Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege: 12/1), Heath Pearce (Hansa Rostock: 7/0), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC: 0/0)
MIDFIELDERS (6): DaMarcus Beasley (Glasgow Rangers: 21/6), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach: 6/2), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo: 3/0), Sacha Kljestan(Chivas USA: 6/0), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew: 0/0), José Francisco Torres (Pachuca: 1/0)
FORWARDS (5): Jozy Altidore (Xerez C.D.: 3/1), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo: 12/6), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF: 1/1) Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC: 12/4), LandonDonovan (Bayern Munich: 25/9)
*numbers indicate all-time World Cup Qualifying caps/goals

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

i'm rooting for USA my parents are from Mexico. i love the rivalry between these two teams.

pimp.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

pimp.gif
If i were your parent I would disown you or give you up for adoption.
indifferent.gif

Cmon fellas your being a little harsh. Nothing wrong with his point of view. If he was born in the states and he wants to root for the USA so be it. Everyonehas the right to do so.

I want Mexico to win, but the way theyve been playing lately im not sure how likely it is. Theyve been snoozing.

Do you think they've ever seen snow before? I live in California and I've never seen snow in real life. I was thinking about this the other day, I just find it kind of odd.

as a dude from NY I think that's pretty weird.

do ppl from california think it's strange that i've never experienced an earthquake/forest fire/volcano eruption before
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Can't wait to hear my father-in-laws excuse when Mexico losses, dude always saying that Mexico losses cause the mafia pays them off.

I'm going to miss the beginning due to work tomorrow but I hope I can catch at least the second half.

Had to rep today...

Back
Top Bottom