OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Gonna be doing a lot of catching up on comics this week. Pretty much didnt read anything all of 2013 besides some of the first few issues of Marvel NOW and Death of the Family/Wonder Woman. Just got up to date on Uncanny Avengers and so far its a very worthy follow up to Remenders story in X-Force. Bouta check out Superior Spider-man (full run) and catch up on F4 and FF next.

Last edited:
Any New52 recs from DC fans?

I just got caught up to date on Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Green Arrow & Injustice Gods Among Us.

Anything surprisingly dope?

hey guys i've been overseas so not able to pick up my comics, All-new X men and Uncanny X men, how are those story lines going???
I'm behind cuz I read trades but I keep up on comic sites. Trial of Jean Grey just happened in ANXM, teen Cyclops is getting his own solo book in space with the Starjammers, only thing I'm aware about with Uncanny is their war with SHIELD and whoever in their agency is making the sentinels.
Which comics from this list are as good as the walking dead?
Uh, The Walking Dead? :lol:

I'd say check Thief of Thieves and that Invincible is really just as good as TWD but it's a full on take of superhero comics that have lasting consequences by Kirkman. A lot of stuff on that list are actually spinoffs from Invincible with other heroes, they were okay in the mean book but I'm not sure about on their own since they're written by other ppl and I'm not sure who.

Anyway I hear Ghosted, Manifest Destiny, Brit, and Battle Pope are really good.
Any New52 recs from DC fans?

I just got caught up to date on Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Green Arrow & Injustice Gods Among Us.

Anything surprisingly dope?
I only read issue one but you can check the weekly Batman Eternal. Maybe the new Sinestro book since it's by Cullen Bunn (and he's writing Magneto for Marvel).

Finished Superior Spider-man and it was a lot of fun, Ock made for a waaaay more interesting Spidey than there has been in years. I'm sad to see him go :lol:

Finished Superior Spider-man and it was a lot of fun, Ock made for a waaaay more interesting Spidey than there has been in years. I'm sad to see him go :lol:
Yeah that's one thing I'm puzzeled about, putting independent work aside there hasn't been a superhero like that. He had a dash of Batman, the Spidey powers, and of course what makes it compelling is his arrogance and ruthlessness. The pattern and status quo could simply what happened in Superior; he thinks he's the best, beats all the villains, tries to take control but then somehow some mastermind outsmarts him. Even if they had to kill Otto and eventually bring him back as Doc Ock you'd think they'd capaitalize on a superhero that fits those requirements.

Could probably pull the same thing again with a supervillain who decides to be a hero only to take out his supervillain competition.

Ah well *shrugs*

Yeah that's one thing I'm puzzeled about, putting independent work aside there hasn't been a superhero like that. He had a dash of Batman, the Spidey powers, and of course what makes it compelling is his arrogance and ruthlessness. The pattern and status quo could simply what happened in Superior; he thinks he's the best, beats all the villains, tries to take control but then somehow some mastermind outsmarts him. Even if they had to kill Otto and eventually bring him back as Doc Ock you'd think they'd capaitalize on a superhero that fits those requirements.

Could probably pull the same thing again with a supervillain who decides to be a hero only to take out his supervillain competition.

Ah well *shrugs*

It was awesome... I was disappointed with the Green Goblin reveal tho.
Would have been better if it was Harry...

Eh to me that's just repeating history. Harry had his time doing that. Was good at it. Aint really him though.

Eh to me that's just repeating history. Harry had his time doing that. Was good at it. Aint really him though.

true but that whole time it felt like they was alluding that it wasn't Norman with all the claiming he was Norman but not showing his face... Oh well. Its whatever. I had fun with Superior SM. Sadly its gone now...

Rest Ock. You'll be poorly brought back too soon....

I'm going to miss that suit...

I just got my X-Statix omnibus today, its only $35 for the whole run on Amazon/Ebay so I suggest everyone get on that.

Here's an updated pic of my OHCs

aG2A555.jpg

G2Lh0hI.jpg

The OCD in me is definitely tight that the spine on X-Statix isn't black and that I have to put my Marvel and DC together... :lol: I need new shelves

Last edited:
Nice books up there. I'm a huge Spidey fan so I have these omnibus' they're really huge especially the first one :lol:
About to pull the trigger on the Mechalanie/ todd omnibus and maybe the roger book later on

Last edited:
I ordered the Untold Tales of Spider Man omnibus last night cause that is nearly out of print. I'm gonna get on the Stern and Lee/Ditko ones soon too. Too bad I missed out on the Lee/Romita though.

Last edited:
Nice pick-ups. The Untold Tales is great :pimp:

I have X-Statix around in my room or closet somewhere and I never seriously read it. I got it when I was younger and when the book started off as X-Force cuz Allred's art just threw me off and I coudln't get in to it.

You still get the romita/ lee one off at amazon/eBay

Yeah....its $130+ right now. Not sure if I wanna drop that kind of money on it right now and its only gonna get pricier the longer I wait too :lol:

I'm sure there will be a reprint these next couple of years, theres like a spidey film dropping every year from now till 2018. They usually do a release with every movie

The first two omnibus' cover like the first 70 some comics of Spidey. You think the books will continue like that? The next books continuing after vol. 2?

I'm anal like that haha. I need to see the continuation :lol:

It's hard to say....their release schedule seems kinda random at times. I wouldn't hold my breath for them though. You would think they would at least cover all of Stan Lee's run on material like Spider-Man and Fantastic Four but so far they haven't released volume 3s for them yet. The only volumes 3 that i've seen are for Brubaker's Captain American and Tomb of Dracula.

Want to get into comics so bad but dont know where to start or how to get comics lol. Ive read up and i guess i should probably start in the UU version?

What are you looking for? Super heroes, marvel, DC, apocalyptic stories, comedy?

Thats my issue I want to read all lol. But for now I want to begin with characters like deadpool, black panther.. Villians like thanos, etc.

My cousin told me about comics where everyone is zombies and **** and It tripped me out lol. Never knew that

Back
Top Bottom