OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

Also beware that as expected by fans who knew, Uncanny Avengers is getting pushed back like crazy. Most likely due to the artist being unable to keep monthly schedule of 22 pages. Just kinda been leaked even issue 4 is getting pushed back to Feb. Any Marvel solicitations may be suspect for that month.
I thought they were planning this book since the beginning of the year. They should've gave Cassaday more buffer time :smh:

Wow, I was really looking forward to this run...

Can anyone enlighten me as to how exactly cyke gets out a prison? (For Uncanny X-Men) :smh:
He got out of prison in AvX Consequences # 5. Should check out all 1-5, good stuff by Gillen finishing his run on these X characters.

Yo what's up with the Before Watchmen delays? this ****'s getting ridiculous :smh::smh:

New this week for me

Batman #14
Batgirl #14
Suicide Squad #14
Batman and Robin 3 14
All New X-Men #1
Marvel Universe vs. The Avengers #2
Superboy #14
X-Men Legacy #1
Fantastic Four #1

Marvel Comics' February 2013 Solicitations NOW!

ASM 697, Venom 27, Avengers Assemble 9, The Walking Dead 104, Fantastic Four 1 :smokin

Invincible 97 though :smh: (I don't know what the **** Kirkman was thinking, it's like he did that just to do it. The intentional next page with the comic creator explaining why they do w/e they want in indie comics didn't really help at all. Whole thing seemed wild unnecessary but then again he never did much with the character and I doubt fans got invested).

Last edited:
some pick-ups from MyComicShop.com came in; gonna hit my local shop tomorrow after work

finally completed my Deadpool Pulp & Deadpool ('94) miniseries sets

completed my Kevin Smith Green Arrow mini-arc with Onomatopeia (IMO one of the dopest villains in the DC universe. Really wish he'd return in Batman or Batman Detective Comics. Loved him the "Widening Gyre" miniseries)

re-bought "The Decoy" Deadpool 1-shot with Wolverine too. lost my first one, it's a pretty funny short story. I love the weird friendship/rivalry that Wade & Logan have. rumor is if "The Wolverine" & Deadpool movies do well, Marvel is open to an X-Force movie. Mark Millar (Kick-***, Secret Service, Super Crooks, Hit-Girl) has been contacted by Marvel already to pen a rough draft script :smokin

Can someone explain avengers Arena to me and why that is a good idea. I dont wanna see a book where they just OFF a bunch of C-listers. Marvel is NOT DC they can do better then that.

supercrooks is 
pimp.gif

anything similar to the walking dead? 
nerd.gif

i'm currently reading preacher on da kindle.

Last edited:
Marvel Comics On Sale November 21, 2012
Can someone explain avengers Arena to me and why that is a good idea. I dont wanna see a book where they just OFF a bunch of C-listers. Marvel is NOT DC they can do better then that.
I mean it's w/e either way really. We'll either get a great story with the premise of characters dying (something as good as the Battle Royale manga) or it'll be something average that won't last long. From what I've seen from other writers (@ Marvel) they're raving about the first issue.

I'm just hoping in the end Arcade dies. One of the lames villains ever created that gets used as an actual threat and apparently others like to even want to write him. It was one thing I thought of with this book is that it'd be better if it was Mojo running it, it's right up his alley.

Last edited:
pick-ups from my local spot this week:

and FINALLY located 2 of the 3 Batman issues from Flashpoint! pretty hard to find :smokin

For those that don't know what Flashpoint is about, basically Barry Allen (The Flash) wakes up to discover he is in an altered timeline in which Citizen Cold is Central City's greatest hero; his mother Nora (deceased in his own timeline) is alive; his father, Henry, died of a heart attack three years ago (instead of in prison); and that the Flash, the Justice League, and Superman do not exist.

Which leads into this Batman miniseries where
Bruce Wayne is murdered instead of his parents. His father, Thomas Wayne becomes Batman & his mother, Martha becomes The Joker

Took a break from comics, but I'm about to catch up this weekend :pimp:

re-bought "The Decoy" Deadpool 1-shot with Wolverine too. lost my first one, it's a pretty funny short story. I love the weird friendship/rivalry that Wade & Logan have. rumor is if "The Wolverine" & Deadpool movies do well, Marvel is open to an X-Force movie. Mark Millar (Kick-***, Secret Service, Super Crooks, Hit-Girl) has been contacted by Marvel already to pen a rough draft script :smokin

Haha i was pretty amused reading The Decoy. Some good lulz

Nice pickups :pimp:

I went to my shop pretty late but found the last available Joker die-cut Suicide Squad #14 and also got ahold of this Walking Dead #103 (for some reason I missed out on it last time)

that entire scene when Wolverine shows up @ Wade's apartment, he gets out the shower (after Wolverine caught him singing Beyonce "Single Ladies"), and refuses to put a towel on :rofl:

The comic shop I go to keeps running out of Snyder's run of Batman. Smh.

Pre-order. That way they'll start ordering more issues of it for the shop.

True. I need to get my saver list to them.

I just picked up the new Batman & Robin HC, along with the AvX hardcover. Can't wait to finally catch up with everything that happened in AvX.

I really enjoyed Avengers vs. Xmen but I was hoping for a Jean Grey sighting at the end of issue 12

I really enjoyed Avengers vs. Xmen but I was hoping for a Jean Grey sighting at the end of issue 12
Many fans bicker a bit over whether that was her in the end telling Scott to let go or w/e in silhouette or whether it was Hope. I get what you're saying though, she should've really returned in some way.

Many fans bicker a bit over whether that was her in the end telling Scott to let go or w/e in silhouette or whether it was Hope. I get what you're saying though, she should've really returned in some way.

In my opinion that was jean's voice .
I happened to walk into a comic shop cause I was in the area and the guy told me if I came back on Saturday, he was gonna do a buy $100 get $25 off special. Gonna head back to pick up some variants I saw.

That ASM 698 spoiler :wow:

This is some wild ****
I'm not lying it's crazy
Okay some ppl predicted this but thinking it'd happen and it actually happening are two different things
Slott thought he was slick throwing fans off with that Miguel and Ben Reilly talk
That dialogue :wow: :smokin
tumblr_mdsxdahjFs1qgictio1_250.jpg

Last edited:
that entire scene when Wolverine shows up @ Wade's apartment, he gets out the shower (after Wolverine caught him singing Beyonce "Single Ladies"), and refuses to put a towel on :rofl:

Classic :lol:

Just went through Marvel Previews 4 :pimp:

That ASM 698 spoiler
eek.gif
This is some wild ****
I'm not lying it's crazy
Okay some ppl predicted this but thinking it'd happen and it actually happening are two different things
Slott thought he was slick throwing fans off with that Miguel and Ben Reilly talk
That dialogue
eek.gif
smokin.gif
UMMMM...I just read this issue. WHAT THE HELL is going on?!?!?!?!?!

That ASM 698 spoiler :wow:
This is some wild ****
I'm not lying it's crazy
That dialogue :wow: :smokin
UMMMM...I just read this issue. WHAT THE HELL is going on?!?!?!?!?!

I dislike this decision but I'll see how it pans out...

Pretty good turnout at The Comic Cellar in Downtown Monrovia for the Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan Deadpool signing :pimp:

good week for comics. Surprisingly, catwoman #14 was pretty good. I usually don't follow her, but she is sexy as hell in this issue lol 8)

I'm trying to patiently await my Revival #5 from Image comics...its in the snail mail. However, if anyone can hook me up with a digital copy please pm me. Only one i haven't been able to find.:smh:

:pimp:

#695 The Amazing Spider-Man - Danger Zone Part 1: Warning Signs
#696 The Amazing Spider-Man - Danger Zone Part 2: Key To The Kingdom
#697 The Amazing Spider-Man - Danger Zone Part 3: War of the Goblins
#698 The Amazing Spider-Man - Dying Wish Prelude: Day In The Life

WHATTTTTTTTTT THHHEEEEEE ***************!!!!

Im reading avengers vs xmen as a starting point like some recommended...but where do I begin with spiderman?

Back
Top Bottom